What's new

Pakistan And The SU-35 Saga Continues

Status
Not open for further replies.
Offering the Egyptian aircraft which have been left stranded.....the likely hood i was told is that Iran might pick them up.

The chatter says that Iran is confirmed going for 24 of them. What was the reason for Egypt declining?

I was in fact informed of the news at least a week earlier, just came across the image in PAF colours today then decided to share it.

Sorry to nitpick ... it is not an image in PAF colours but a faked image showing PAF colours!
The chatter says that Iran is confirmed going for 24 of them. What was the reason for Egypt declining?

Yes, confirmed by a most questionable source!

China cannot sell J16 without Russia's permission. The operational radius of J10C is only 1240km/2600km(air refueling), and it is a pure air superiority fighter.
Su35 is really a very good choice.
The Mirage has to be iterated, and it is unrealistic to only rely on JF17 to complete the sea mission.

Su35 is the most beautiful Flanker.
IMG_20220106_214523.jpg

Last edited:
:crazy: ... since when there are J-15s coming?

Please ... not that BS again. :hitwall:

Hey Deino, where there is smoke, there is usually a fire. Let's give it another few months.

I was in fact informed of the news at least a week earlier, just came across the image in PAF colours today then decided to share it.
Probably photo shopped. Those are the Egyptian Su-35 colors probably going to Iran.

Sorry to nitpick ... it is not an image in PAF colours but a faked image showing PAF colours!

Yes, confirmed by a most questionable source!

Yes i know dear.......just when i saw the image, I remembered what a source had told me earlier.
And if anyone thought that is a genuine image then we wouldn't be discussing the topic as hypothetical scenario.

Probably photo shopped. Those are the Egyptian Su-35 colors.

He might be referring to image as what reminds him about the news being told. I don't see him claiming the Image being true.
We have a professional Air Force and they can handle any aircraft. Remember Russia offered MiG-35 to Pakistan few years ago. I think Russia may have approved the Sale of SU-35 to Pakistan that’s why this news is coming out or it maybe to let Uncle Sam know that we have other options available. Pakistan did request for upgrade Kit for F-16s.

Even UAE was going for SU-35.

Something about Russian companies hit by sanctions....leading to conclusion that there will be an issue with the supply of spares and America hitting the purchaser with more sanctions.....or something like that.

Something about Russian companies hit by sanctions....leading to conclusion that there will be an issue with the supply of spares and America hitting the purchaser with more sanctions.....or something like that.

Yeah that's the real concern. Just expanding the discussion further if anyone can confirm about UAE's interest into SU-35 and any progress.

:crazy: ... since when there are J-15s coming?

Please ... not that BS again. :hitwall:

past 6 months have taught me that take everything with a pinch of salt, same kind of things were said when J-10's were being discussed before, the same kind of sentiments were given for other recent acquisitions as well :)

Iran buying them makes sense as Iran doesn't care re sanctions as its under embargo already

This is an interesting development, if true. SU 35 will give deep strike capability to PAF and will surely trouble IAF like anything else before it. It has bigger geo-political implications for Russian - India relationship than India's purchase of S-400.

From a biased perspective, I think it will be better for Russia to sell these fighters at a discount to India. India can compensate for the discount with a more determined push for the Super Sukhoi upgrade. SU-35 will have some parts in common with Super Sukhoi and therefore it is not too bad from logistics perspective for IAF.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom