What's new

Pakistan and Israel

Article 95 of the Treaty of Sevres, which ended WWI between the Ottomans and the Allies:

Solomon,

The Balfour Declaration is far into the game; a LOT of history happened before the Balfour Declaration. I have already pointed you before to the BBC documentary (needs Real Player) which documents some of that history. It is a very well balanced documentary and actually has more pro-Israel interviewees than pro-Palestinian.

Promises and Betrayals:

If you are an open-minded Jew with conscience, you will understand after watching the documentary why so many people, including Jews, oppose Zionism and Israel. If you are a dyed-in-the-wool Zionist then, of course, no amount of facts will change your mind.

You did not know history from this basic starting point. So why do you think your judgments are valid? Did you learn it in school? On TV? From your local imam? Your family? At university?

Launching ad hominems at people who disagree with you does not help your credibility. It seems you are the one who ignores uncomfortable aspects of history to suit your prejudice.

Solomon,

The Balfour Declaration is far into the game; a LOT of history happened before the Balfour Declaration. I have already pointed you before to the BBC documentary (needs Real Player) which documents some of that history. It is a very well balanced documentary and actually has more pro-Israel interviewees than pro-Palestinian.

Promises and Betrayals:

If you are an open-minded Jew with conscience, you will understand after watching the documentary why so many people, including Jews, oppose Zionism and Israel. If you are a dyed-in-the-wool Zionist then, of course, no amount of facts will change your mind.

Launching ad hominems at people who disagree with you does not help your credibility. It seems you are the one who ignores uncomfortable aspects of history to suit your prejudice.

To add to this
This Vid I found on youtube shows how the media in US fabricates facts inorder to get support on Isreal.
This is only a drop of what the Irsael-US war machine media does.

Last edited by a moderator:
Solomon, the Balfour Declaration is far into the game; a LOT of history happened before the Balfour Declaration.
Of course. The Balfour Declaration AND its inclusion in the Treaty of Sèvres (and subsequent treaties) is a good starting point for those who dispute the modern legitimacy of the return of Jews to the Promised Land.

I have already pointed you before to the BBC documentary (needs Real Player) which documents some of that history...If you are an open-minded Jew with conscience, you will understand after watching the documentary why so many people, including Jews, oppose Zionism and Israel.
If the video contains something of substance, why not write the salient points, proofs, and reasoning down here, rather than direct me to watch it? (Same goes for you, Arsenal6!)

It is a very well balanced documentary and actually has more pro-Israel interviewees than pro-Palestinian.
As if "pro-Israel" and "pro-Palestinian" are opposites!

As reporters in D.C. will confess when you corner them, "balance" can have little to do with truth. ("If you want truth, see a priest" is one saying reporters have.) For Western reporters the important thing is to gain and keep sources so you can gain and keep the eyeballs that boost ratings and circulation. They think they'd lose both access to sources and viewers/readers if they broadcast/publish anything too pro-Israel - or too uncomfortable for their Arab and Muslim viewers. Balance is tilted away from Israel because the Arab and Muslim market is much bigger.
The Arab and Muslim reporters I've talked to (including BBC) simply told me they conceived it their duty to be anti-Israel advocates.

If you are a dyed-in-the-wool Zionist then, of course, no amount of facts will change your mind.
Don't you think you're confusing the usual differences of opinion that exist in the West with the ironclad, black-and-white, proof of a written treaty?

Launching ad hominems at people who disagree with you does not help your credibility.
Questioning how people learned something is not a personal attack, but a process of discovery. Why do you claim otherwise?

It seems you are the one who ignores uncomfortable aspects of history to suit your prejudice.
I exist in a culture with a lot of free inquiry. You've read a lot of what I write and you know I can find sources to back me up, both in print and on the Internet.

On the other hand, in the opinion of the U.S. Library of Congress,
Pakistan...faces a serious shortage of authorship in humanities, philosophy, psychology, logic and ethics. It is doubtful the current economic and political climate will foster serious scholarship in these areas
and that as far as history goes the shelves of serious bookshops are dominated by
hagiographic accounts of the Prophet and the early Muslims, treatises on the ideological founders of Pakistan and the 'two-nation' theory link
This seems to be an apt description of an intellectual culture that "ignores uncomfortable aspects of history to suit prejudice", doesn't it?

Can a student in Islamabad, Peshawar, Karachi, Quetta, or Lahore actually argue the incontestably pro-Zionist arguments I've presented, or would that student pay a price for doing so?

Dude...dont say this...before getting transfered to canada...in my university in lahore...i have defended Israel openly...and have insisted that Pakistan should recognize it...in my class in debates..and presentations for a course which included current affairs and international relations.
But all this changed after Gaza massacre.....i still think that it might be useful for Pak to have relations with Israel...but every country has its own principals...on which it survives....its just like i friendship a guy (who is a murderer of children, who takes out organs from dead bodies) in order to benefit myself....i will never do this...same is the case for Pak...thus Pak won't recognize Israel in the current situation.

...in my university in lahore...i have defended Israel openly...and have insisted that Pakistan should recognize it...in my class in debates..and presentations for a course which included current affairs and international relations.
How did your classmates and teacher respond to this?

But all this changed after Gaza massacre
Which was not, of course, a "massacre" at all. Though I don't suppose you'd realize that, depending on what Pakistani media you read or view.

You do bring up an issue that rises over and over in Israeli-Arab relations: whenever it looks like relations are improving more than some parties desire, some sort of violent incident takes place that usually provokes a military response from Israel in return, if only to prevent such violence from becoming a regular occurrence rather than an occasional one. The resulting photos of civilian casualties (from the policy of terror groups to employ human shields) or just slanted, out-of-context reporting, once again raises the level of anti-Israel hatred. If peace is to be reached between peoples, Arabs and Muslims are going to have to start seeing through this ploy and reject it for the cruel provocation it is.

every country has its own principals...on which it survives....its just like i friendship a guy (who is a murderer of children, who takes out organs from dead bodies) in order to benefit myself....i will never do this...same is the case for Pak...thus Pak won't recognize Israel in the current situation.
I apologize because I'm not sure I can understand your English, yet I can't complain because I don't know Urdu. The organ-stealing allegations were dealt with in this thread; essentially, all such allegations were phony, although an unrelated case involving one doctor and his staff has been discovered. But you can see how endless and unjustified allegations have been invented, just to keep friendship between Israeli Jews and other peoples socially and politically unacceptable.

India should go for full cooperation with Israel. India should support Israel openly on International platforms. India has nothing to gain ,I man absolutely nothing to gain from supporting Palestinians. Israel has always showed that they are ready to help India and be friends with us. Moreover democracies should support each other ,shouldn't we ?

Pakistan, of course ,should not and cannot become friends with Israel. It's banned by the Koran.

Palestine was mostly just dessert wasteland before Israel was created. Arabs and Muslims were least interested in this unteresting part. Everything changed when Jews came made Isreal. They developed it into a leading nation and Arabs envy and hate it.

If Arabs wants peace they can get it now ,in this second itself.Just stop hating Israel and bravo peace is there.

Pakistan, of course ,should not and cannot become friends with Israel. It's banned by the Koran.
I cannot reconcile such a statement with the desire of the last two Caliphs (as expressed by treaty) to create a Jewish homeland in Palestine. Can you?

I cannot reconcile such a statement with the desire of the last two Caliphs (as expressed by treaty) to create a Jewish homeland in Palestine. Can you?
Caliphs had such a desire ..Amazing really amazing....any link on this

See the previous two or three pages of the thread discussing the Treaty of Sèvres.

we are capable of wiping israel of in just in seconds but political game is a big prbleum for us which is been played by USA, Indian and Israel

India should go for full cooperation with Israel. India should support Israel openly on International platforms. India has nothing to gain ,I man absolutely nothing to gain from supporting Palestinians. Israel has always showed that they are ready to help India and be friends with us. Moreover democracies should support each other ,shouldn't we ?

hmm, finally a indian exposes his true nature!

:pakistan::pakistan::pakistan:

Back
Top Bottom