What's new

Pakistan and India

Can cat and mouse be?

Can Gabbar and Jai-Viru be?

Can Poppeye and Brutus be?

Can fire and water be?

Now come towards some factual questions, which represent Pakistan and Indiaaa respectively:

Can Army and Terrorist be?

Can logical and illogical be?

Can Peace and Terror be?

Can Love and Hatred be?

Lets build a wall , big wall , don't wanna friendship with our enemies.

Pakistan zindabad [emoji1191]

Last edited:
Yes, that is sad.

You may have watched this speech of Shashi Tharoor to the British parliament. I quote the above section of your post in relation to a part of his speech when he says that the Sun never sets on the British Empire because not even God could trust the British in the dark.

A very nice wisecrack, but Shashi's usual superficial treatment of a serious matter. It was all flair and accent and very little substance with him then; that continues now.

We (Professor Kalyan Chatterjee, Emeritus Professor of Economics at PSU, and I) used to debate against Shashi in the 60s and 70s. He always had these carefully-composed wisecracks and slew the female portion of the audience in the Damayanti Shield and the Loreto Shield (we never bothered to go to Delhi to oppose St. Steph on their home ground). The rational, brainy part of the team was Ramu Damodaran, who was four inches shorter and looked like Lucky Eddy in the Hagar comic strip. But he was streets ahead of Shashi in terms of debating content and argument. Shashi hasn't changed a bit. His first wife Tilottama was the champ female debater (gave both of us a very bad time herself, in Calcutta), and they first met during these debates (both Damayanti Shield and Loreto Shield were Loreto House debates, and Tilottama was the Loreto House debating captain). Her mother was Dr. Kailash Nath Katju's daughter, and eloped with his ADC. They lived on the corner house, 57/14, and we were at 57/15.

Since i am on this forum i am advocating Pakistan India trade and normal relations between these 2 countries. I also want that we just declare LOC an international border, it will creat some short term problems for us ( not for india), but as compare to the current mess, they will be manageble. I also suggest a pact hetween these 2 countries, just like USSR and USA signed pact to limit numbers of nuclear bombs. I think
-limiting number of armed troops
-limiting annual defence budget
-joint patrols on indian ocean
-combined navigation system just like gps
-trade agreements
-rights for companies of each country to operate in other country
-visa on arrival + e-visa
-allowing indian auto compnies to establish plants/ JV in pakistan.
-establishing a joint textile/bsati export forum
-establishing a joint “desi food chain” comprising of 1000’s of resturants all over the world

That will do for now. Want to add something ? @Joe Shearer

If we could achieve any three - ANY three - of these above, we would be doing well. Your programme is a dream programme. The GDP of the two companies would go to the top in 20 years, max.

A very nice wisecrack, but Shashi's usual superficial treatment of a serious matter. It was all flair and accent and very little substance with him then; that continues now.

We (Professor Kalyan Chatterjee, Emeritus Professor of Economics at PSU, and I) used to debate against Shashi in the 60s and 70s. He always had these carefully-composed wisecracks and slew the female portion of the audience in the Damayanti Shield and the Loreto Shield (we never bothered to go to Delhi to oppose St. Steph on their home ground). The rational, brainy part of the team was Ramu Damodaran, who was four inches shorter and looked like Lucky Eddy in the Hagar comic strip. But he was streets ahead of Shashi in terms of debating content and argument. Shashi hasn't changed a bit. His first wife Tilottama was the champ female debater (gave both of us a very bad time herself, in Calcutta), and they first met during these debates (both Damayanti Shield and Loreto Shield were Loreto House debates, and Tilottama was the Loreto House debating captain). Her mother was Dr. Kailash Nath Katju's daughter, and eloped with his ADC. They lived on the corner house, 57/14, and we were at 57/15.

If we could achieve any three - ANY three - of these above, we would be doing well. Your programme is a dream programme. The GDP of the two companies would go to the top in 20 years, max.

Pranam Dada. Bhalo shay?

Indeed, they would.

I would have wanted to watch the Pakistani film Yalghaar here in an Indian cinema hall.

Same here, bhai. The powers that be banned Pak serials from the Zindgai channel which is owned by Zee Media despite many people liking these shows.

Agreed.

One hugely-to-be-desired side effect might be - should be prayed for - the collapse of Venkateshwara Films, or whatever Jeetendra's daughter calls her toxic production house.

Pranam Dada. Bhalo shay?

Shaadar Shubhechha. Apatoto kete jachhe, roktopat hochhe na!

@jamahir

After almost 10 years now I'm really jaded and bored of Indian as Pakistan to be honest.

There is nothing really new left to say.

Just new IDs to say it too.

A deep sense of ennui has set in.

I'm going to be found (and banned) increasingly on the Turk and Middle East forums now.

You desis sort it out among yourselves now.

Cheers, Doc

Lead me there. If I get through the medicals coming up.

And?
In every other state of India people from any other state can come and live and own land, why should there be double standards for Kashmir?
I realise how the continuous persecution complex makes one forget how to use common sense, but, do use common sense.

What fu##ing right?
To have special privileges of land ownership, other state benefits, and the like

No special privileges. Only an extension of the provisions of the Ranbir Code, that were put in, in the first place, to protect Dogras and Pandits from being dispossessed by entrepreneurial Punjabis and eased out of their jagirs. The Muslims were not even in the picture.

Is anyone here aware that identical provisions apply in Himachal, in Sikkim, in Arunachal Pradesh, in total, about half a dozen states in India? I just don't feel like doing the legwork for ill-informed posters any more.

which are liable to be removed if the Kashmiri chooses to marry and then settle anywhere else in India?

How nice it would be if people did their homework. Women are deprived of these rights, if they marry non-Kashmiri men; settling anywhere has nothing to do with it. A man can marry outside, and can settle outside and retain his land-owning rights.

To follow a different constitution than all the other states of India?

Just imagine.

Donald Trump has been a member of this forum all these years, and we never even guessed.

To be one of the most subsidized states of India?

Extracted at gunpoint, presumably, from a Central Government kicking and screaming every millimetre of the way.

What a big and pointy nose you have, Grandpa.

To get central government benefits the likes of which some other states would never see?

Save your moaning for when you actually know about the ground realities.

What was that about "Physician, heal thyself"?

Of course, we have been to Kashmir ourselves, and we say what we say from actual knowledge of the ground realities.

Arre, kaahay comedy kar rahe ho?
So the British are gone and India is one of the fastest growing economies in the world and a BRICS nation, on the way to surpass the very same Brits.

What bloody excuse do you have now for being such a $hitty country?
View attachment 518716

So f##king hypocritical, call yourself the victims or the victors whenever it's convenient for you.

What the muslim invaders wanted to emulate in India was the muslim conquest of Persia which resulted in the absolute destruction of the Zoroastrian religion, their eventual treatment as second class citizens and fervent persecution.
You expect anyone to believe the muslim invaders would be any different in India?

But what eventually happened to the muslim rulers in India exactly before the entry of the Brits was that they were kept in check and would have been eventually defeated by the Sikh Empire in the North and the Marathas in the South, who had already punked the Mughals and were making the said Nawabs and Nizams pay heavy tributes.

So do save those excuses for someone who will actually 'lapeto' your 'phekna'; muslims didn't settle and destroy the hindus and the sikhs because they COULD NOT as they were aptly thwarted.

But let's get back to the present.
Please don't preach to us about tyranny, our side of the Kashmir is way freer than yours.
View attachment 518717

True.

Two wrongs don't make a right.

Alhumdulilah dada.
Hows chaar minaar

Brilliant. I'm beginning to obsess about Hyderabad. It has its bad spots - a moron who leads the 'go-rakshak' pack, a bunch of savages in the Old City who think they are latter-day Razakars, Asaduddin's younger brother, Akbaruddin Owaisi - but I think we are much better off than most cities in India. DON'T GET ME STARTED ON THE FOOD.

Brilliant. I'm beginning to obsess about Hyderabad. It has its bad spots - a moron who leads the 'go-rakshak' pack, a bunch of savages in the Old City who think they are latter-day Razakars, Asaduddin's younger brother, Akbaruddin Owaisi - but I think we are much better off than most cities in India. DON'T GET ME STARTED ON THE FOOD.

Nice to know that you are well versed in mob detection from Abbots wrigley roads to Gol Kundas Open squares.

I get my food stories from Prasad These days.

Lead me there. If I get through the medicals coming up.

I meant the subforums here.

You saw my meltdown on the Arab forum.

And on the Indian ones.

I think I can only survive long enough on a Pakistani one.

Based on my views on blood, I wouldn't last any longer on Turk or Pushtoon or even Iranian ones.

Pakistanis are insulated on the blood, and the Sanghis ensured my vitriol got absorbed internally, leaving only airy vacuous halfhearted bad blood for them. Just to stay in character ....

Cheers, Doc

Remember, when you spit at the moon you only end up spitting on your face. As for your opinion, I couldn't care less because your 'opinion' insults not only my family, but thousands of other families in Pakistan. I am a bit older than you, so I never expected us to share the same views, however I didn't expect such disrespect from you. Ye jo dushmani he hazar nasalo taak jaye gi. Aur ye mera opinion ne, haqeeqat he. Badalay ka karaz kisi ne to utar na he, aur hum Arain kabhi karaza ne bhool te.

Its you guys who got the dushmani to the Hindus.

Should have stayed in the desert and eaten your favourite food.

Everyone (including your people) would have been happier.

Cheers, Doc

Would you call me a 'desi', Doc?

Just curious.

Of course man.

Desi is about blood.

Not class.

Strong feeling of alienation creeping in on the Parsis in Sanghi India.

You've been away for a long time ....

Cheers, Doc

Nice to know that you are well versed in mob detection from Abbots wrigley roads to Gol Kundas Open squares.

I get my food stories from Prasad These days.

??
What do you mean, your food stories are from Prasad? Who's Prasad?

Of course man.

Desi is about blood.

Not class.

Cheers, Doc

In chess, Doc, what you just did is known as a 'zugzwang'.

Evil of you. :D

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom