What's new

Pakistan Among Top Three Online Outsourcing Destinations in the World

yeah but only in couple of fields :(
while we living in uk and studying marketing from top uni's we dont get any jobs ...

thats the reason behind freelancing to get cheap labor, I tried to bid on few projects on elance.com and I was out bid by 1000s, most probably by someone form India/PAk/DB. You living in UK wont do a .net project for 500 yet the same project will be taken by someone for $200

It takes a basic critical mass of enabling technologies, processes and participants before such tech-based businesses achieve explosive growth.

In this case, Internet access, especially broadband, is a relatively new phenomenon in Pakistan. I expect to see online freelance markets' accelerated growth with increasing broadband access in Pakistan.

In addition to the Elance (founded in 1999) figures of $170 million total and $40 million to Pakistanis, Express Tribune says Freelancers (founded in 2004) has paid $150 million to its freelancers, including $13 to Pakistanis, according to Express Tribune.

https://www.elance.com/trends/talent-available/geo#GeoRanking

Pakistan 3rd-highest user of freelancer as self-employment rises – The Express Tribune

It is more meaningful if you made a comparison by how much on an average a freelancer in making on these websites. It is pittance at best (it is good for some pocket change). So, if you do rough calculations ...13 million dollars for 240,000 registered freelancers... which translates to about 54 dollars on average per year.

It is more meaningful if you made a comparison by how much on an average a freelancer in making on these websites. It is pittance at best (it is good for some pocket change). So, if you do rough calculations ...13 million dollars for 240,000 registered freelancers... which translates to about 54 dollars on average per year.

So you think all 240,000 freelancers have been there the entire time? All all have done projects already? And that's all they do?
Right? Bad assumptions produce bad answers. Garbage In Garbage Out!

thats the reason behind freelancing to get cheap labor, I tried to bid on few projects on elance.com and I was out bid by 1000s, most probably by someone form India/PAk/DB. You living in UK wont do a .net project for 500 yet the same project will be taken by someone for $200

This is called cost arbitrage. That's the reason why many of these jobs go to low cost countries like India, Pakistan and Bangladesh where people can enjoy good standards of living with lower wages.

Elance data shows average rates of $28 an hour in US, $15 an hour in India, $13 an hour in Pakistan and $8 an hour in Bangladesh.

For someone doing it full time at 40 hours a week, this translates into $56,000 a year in US, $30,000 a year in India, $26,000 a year in Pakistan and $16,000 a year in Bangladesh.

So you think all 240,000 freelancers have been there the entire time? All all have done projects already? And that's all they do?
Right? Bad assumptions produce bad answers. Garbage In Garbage Out!

This is called cost arbitrage. That's the reason why many of these jobs go to low cost countries like India, Pakistan and Bangladesh where people can enjoy good standards of living with lower wages.

Elance data shows average rates of $28 an hour in US, $15 an hour in India, $13 an hour in Pakistan and $8 an hour in Bangladesh.

All I said is that by looking at average country payout you will get better sense of each country contribution including Pakistan. It will give you better idea of what level of value chain your country is placed. If you look at United states it has twice the number of registered freelancers compared to India but both the countries income is almost same. I hope you are smart enough to draw the conclusion from it.

All I said is that by looking at average country payout you will get better sense of each country contribution including Pakistan. It will give you better idea of what level of value chain your country is placed. If you look at United states it has twice the number of registered freelancers compared to India but both the countries income is almost same. I hope you are smart enough to draw the conclusion from it.

The number of registered users has no meaning by itself other than to indicate that there are more browsers (not necessarily bidders) in the market place in one country versus another.

The fact is that these same browsers show up in multiple market places to choose what they like to bid on. More browsers bidding on fewer jobs in a given country means they are more picky.

The other important indicator is that the per hour rates in US are twice the rates in India while the number of US registered users is twice that in India....again showing that US contractors are more selective.

india should have made its own operating system untill then they are all cyber coolies even pakistan altough pakistan has its own operating system

Salaam to all the Muslims,

:pakistan:

Interesting. For example?

Salaam to all the Muslims.

Back
Top Bottom