What's new

Pakistan Air Force Transport

20793819.jpg

Paint job at Chaklala!

Pic not taken by me.

An interesting thing to note for me is that the whole rear section is masked, rather than only the ramp.

Didn't all C-130 cockpits were upgraded to glass cockpits?

thats the plan. all C130's to H standard.

20793819.jpg

Paint job at Chaklala!

Pic not taken by me.

An interesting thing to note for me is that the whole rear section is masked, rather than only the ramp.

the yellow rear area seems to be 'refurbished. PAF has been trying to 'salvage' 1-2 C130's from the horrible 3 ship accident of a few years ago at chaklala (Nur Khan AB).

thats the plan. all C130's to H standard.

the yellow rear area seems to be 'refurbished. PAF has been trying to 'salvage' 1-2 C130's from the horrible 3 ship accident of a few years ago at chaklala (Nur Khan AB).

from the horrible 3 ship accident of a few years ago at chaklala (Nur Khan AB)????
Didn't got this, what incident are you referring to?

20793819.jpg

Paint job at Chaklala!

Pic not taken by me.

Just an Assumption:
Really it would be great if PAC has made a decision to join the Chinese to develop to transport aircraft for the fleet like JT-11(C-130J-30 Class) and JT-10(CN-295 Class) planes on PAC 25% and Chinese 75% basis. Although we also have to invest there at PAC as well to make preparation for assembly and few parts manufacturing.

So that these aircrafts could have multi usages like: Transport, EW/ELINT, MPA, AEW&C and Attack as well.

But currently we should look towards the Chines Y-9 and about 7 of these in next year if we will have some money!

from the horrible 3 ship accident of a few years ago at chaklala (Nur Khan AB)????
Didn't got this, what incident are you referring to?

I believe he is referring to this incident.

DISASTROUS COLLISION OF PAF C-130 AIRCRAFT

And i don't think anything considerable in those 2 aircraft was left, which can be salvaged, if that is what fatman is talking about.

And the yellow part suggests a Zinc Chromate coating which is used for corrosion purposes and is applied before a paint scheme.

I belief the C-130 in above picture has no parts being changed, rather that part still needs the new paint scheme and the yellow means it has that corrosion preventing primer still on.

I believe he is referring to this incident.

DISASTROUS COLLISION OF PAF C-130 AIRCRAFT

And i don't think anything considerable in those 2 aircraft was left, which can be salvaged, if that is what fatman is talking about.

And the yellow part suggests a Zinc Chromate coating which is used for corrosion purposes and is applied before a paint scheme.

I belief the C-130 in above picture has no parts being changed, rather that part still needs the new paint scheme and the yellow means it has that corrosion preventing primer still on.

Oh, Boss said FEW YEARS AGO, but that was back in 1988!
That is what confused me..
:)
Thanks for clearing this.

regards!

there was another accident in late 90's unfortunately.

oh, okies!
Tried, can you link it please? Will like to learn more about it.
May be it was not documented in media so i had trouble looking around for it.

oh, okies!
Tried, can you link it please? Will like to learn more about it.
May be it was not documented in media so i had trouble looking around for it.

will try to find it - it is in this airforce section.

will try to find it - it is in this airforce section.

Sir, I am not sure, but may be this is the one which caught fire during refueling in 1969 at chaklala and used as a salvage. Later in 1971 war, it was successfully used as a decoy.

The aircraft seen in the pic undergoing a paint job has its props changed if not the engine. So there has been some upgrade made here.

Back
Top Bottom