What's new

Pakistan Air Force Transport

1931201.jpg

38191_1310569288.jpg

i thought these aircrafts were retired...
didn't they already complete their life?

i heard these were VIP transport aircrafts, but were later turned into intelligence gathering/ECM aircraft after providing their service to VIP role for more than 25+ years!

i heard these were VIP transport aircrafts, but were later turned into intelligence gathering/ECM aircraft after providing their service to VIP role for more than 25+ years!

I belive they are still in service serving as ECM aircraft /jammers SQ called the "Blinders".

I belive they are still in service serving as ECM aircraft /jammers SQ called the "Blinders".

Last time they participated in Saffron Bandit 1999, that means they are still in service and are not going any where for ten more years because recently they are upgraded from France

Last time they participated in Saffron Bandit 1999, that means they are still in service and are not going any where for ten more years because recently they are upgraded from France

yes these are still operational. a friend of mine who is and Aeronautical engineer in PAF is stationed looking after these birds. as per my discussion with him, PAF seems o be quite happy with there performance and these are to remain in service for some time to come.

regards!

they have been upgrades to these ECM/ELINt a/c.

they have been upgrades to these ECM/ELINt a/c.

but dassault have ended the production very long time ago, and im not even sure if they're making parts for this aircrafts.
so wouldn't it affect its operational availability?

but dassault have ended the production very long time ago, and im not even sure if they're making parts for this aircrafts.

Production run of aircraft may be over, but the manufacturer & seller does keeps the supply chain of spare parts open and at the time of initial selling or purchase the manufacturer does guarantee the client 2-3 decades of continuous supply chain of spare parts.

I believe even Saab-2000 production run has ended, but we bought them from the original manufacturer and it has guaranteed 20 years or 25 years of spare parts supply arrangement.

no the civilian falcon design is being manufactured - so no spares issues - the upgrades are to military sensors.

---------- Post added at 01:39 PM ---------- Previous post was at 01:37 PM ----------

Production run of aircraft may be over, but the manufacturer & seller does keeps the supply chain of spare parts open and at the time of initial selling or purchase the manufacturer does guarantee the client 2-3 decades of continuous supply chain of spare parts.

I believe even Saab-2000 production run has ended, but we bought them from the original manufacturer and it has guaranteed 20 years or 25 years of spare parts supply arrangement.

TK - no spares supply chain is now available for mirage 3/5. thats why PAF has been buying retired mirages to convert into spares

---------- Post added at 01:42 PM ---------- Previous post was at 01:39 PM ----------

falcon-20-14-large.jpg

falcon-20-2-large.jpg

in VIP colour scheme!

Da-20_Falcon_at_Chaklala.jpg

falcon_acm.jpg

x-man flew one of these falcon-20's to france to deliver for over-haul some years back!

Back
Top Bottom