What's new

Pakistan Air Force | News & Discussions.

I'm surprised. There used to be a chinese origin Pilot in PAF. Saleem B.Liang Sahab. Anyone know about him how did he end up in PAF?

2t8q.jpg

@Oscar @Windjammer @Aeronaut @Muradk

A settler ? There are Pakistani Chinese families still living in Pakistan specially Islamabad-Rawalpindi .. Even uighurs ..

A settler ? There are Pakistani Chinese families still living in Pakistan specially Islamabad-Rawalpindi .. Even uighurs ..

And here in Lahore too ! :)

A couple of them studied alongside me too ! :agree:

Damn they spoke fluent Urdu - Imagine the look of disbelief on our faces when we heard them speak Urdu the first time ! :o:

I'm surprised. There used to be a chinese origin Pilot in PAF. Saleem B.Liang Sahab. Anyone know about him how did he end up in PAF?

2t8q.jpg

@Oscar @Windjammer @Aeronaut @Muradk
Found him on FB.. This pic is from PTF 1980-81.. Risalpur..

image.jpg

That's sir Laing at Dubai airshow.. He served in 71 war at masror AB..

View attachment 24849

Ok Did a little stalking and searching :D. He is being welcomed graciously because he belonged to 26 squadron "spiders" once. :D

^^^^ 1999 would certainly be a good trial period to see how the Anza sams performed :)

View attachment 24849

this is very interesting! I had never heard about this gentleman

And here in Lahore too ! :)

A couple of them studied alongside me too ! :agree:

Damn they spoke fluent Urdu - Imagine the look of disbelief on our faces when we heard them speak Urdu the first time ! :o:

I've met Han Chinese who spoke IMPECCABLE Urdu

ISLAMABAD — Media reports that Pakistani Taliban splinter group Ahrarul Hind is planning attacks on Pakistani airbases in retaliation for punishing airstrikes carried out in February have raised questions about the adequacy of security at Air Force facilities.

There has not been a discernible reaction from the Ahrarul Hind thus far, and analysts say the ferocity of the airstrikes that killed a number of important members has left it somewhat stunned

First of all - I agree 100% that there is ZERO room for such security breaches; there has to be accountability and there has to be hyper-extreme vigilance to protect our assets but most importantly our personnel.

With that said - these terrorist rodents if they are planning to attempt another such adventure then they better try hard and their generous supporters/trainers/handlers in the immediate region better hope for miracles because last I heard - PAF gave the terrorists one hell of a good pummelling

its a closed case IMO.

PAF will concentrate on the JFT program and increase the number of F-16s in its inventory.

I think you said it all... We can hardly afford second hand F16 or new JF17... Getting a whole new plane like Fc20 asks 1-2 billion investment and 3-5 years run up time. With that many programs running already PAF will not go even deeper into troubles.

FC20 would be nice if we had no F16's. Now it is just an extra which we mostly can do with JF17 (which basically has the same systems but here and there altered).

Back
Top Bottom