What's new

Pakistan Air Force | News & Discussions.

Considering the performance upgrades that the latest JF-17 include, is China considering to induct it in its Air Force?
If all the inclusions are there as mentioned then it would be a potent platform and one of the best in this part of the world.
China has made its decisions, J10 and J20.

1610909424287.png

9: Software is likely going to be upgraded, offering more autonomy.

10: It will be a proper 4.5 gen aircraft, surpassing the performance of F-16s, currently in [emoji1191] service in key domains.

Feel free to share this thread and your comments - Cheers.

- Shahid

And we still want J10C?
if we get rd93ma with its 15% thrust increase, then j10c will be redundant,
(unless of course the deal is too sweat to refuse, zero financing interest, and same cost as PLAAF)

i would rather want PAF to focus on Azm and j31/j35 to truly check mate IAF like we did with block 52 12 years ago
JF-17 Thunder Block-III | What we know so far | Thread

1: 3 axis FBW
2: AESA radar, unknown type.
3: Upgraded powerplant (RD-93MA?)
4: 8x Hard points
5: Reinforced wing roots to carry hard hitting 2000lb munitions, Inc cruise missiles.
6: Forward looking MAWRs like F-15SA.
View attachment 706464
fan based or official patch?
what i am waiting for confirmation

1. Rd 93ma?
2. integration of self protection suit (like gripen has on its two outer pylons)
3. HMD type?
4. PL15(confirmed by some sources) and PL 10
5. towed decoy or other disposable decoys like britcloud(a poster showed that jf17 was a candidate)
brite-cloud.png

Last edited:
How can you say it's Lycoming from just looking at a propeller?
It could very well be a continental unit. They're both equally good
I could be wrong but my guess is based on two reasons/observations

- Gear disk at which propeller are attached is similar to Lycoming engine of Mushaq aircraft

- As far as I am aware PAC is not using continental engines

Indeed, but I also noted several times that I don‘t think they are for Pakistan
If there are to be, they will be on the typical loan program which provided the JF-17 that most will not know the actual financial modalities of.

In the meantime, flippant claims of “good knews around the corner” will continue to be made based upon what has been already written here a year ago or a YouTube video.

I could be wrong but my guess is based on two reasons/observations

- Gear disk at which propeller are attached is similar to Lycoming engine of Mushaq aircraft

- As far as I am aware PAC is not using continental engines

Is the PL-10 also officials confirmed ? And can it be operated also by Jf-17 Block 1-2, which advantages give the Pl-10, which role has it, does Pakistan operate a missile Typ like this (may be Western Typ ..?) ... thanks in advance !

well initially PAF was looking at around 150 JF17 + F16 100 + and keeping Mirage till some thing new comes along.
but things changed in 90s than came 2000 and things started to change but along the line it all changed again.

Throughout this JF 17 also evolved from 150 to 200 to 300. and yes logically it will change again. PAF was reluctant to inducted J 10 C and along with others things one factor was that it will need revisions of induction plans again and cut in JF 17 is possible or either an entire change of roles. It is also possible that PAF will now look at JF 17 B to augment strike capabilities rather than a multi role one.

Is the PL-10 also officials confirmed ? And can it be operated also by Jf-17 Block 1-2, which advantages give the Pl-10, which role has it, does Pakistan operate a missile Typ like this (may be Western Typ ..?) ... thanks in advance !
as of now nothing is officially confirm all we have are media reports and some guess work but it seems PL-10 is part of package with blk-III, as far as blk-I and blk-II are concern PL-10 could be a possibility if HMDS is integrated with earlier blocks but as of now no report of HMDS for blk-I or II, so as of now it seems PL-10 is not in consideration for earlier JF-17 blocks

well initially PAF was looking at around 150 JF17 + F16 100 + and keeping Mirage till some thing new comes along.
but things changed in 90s than came 2000 and things started to change but along the line it all changed again.

Throughout this JF 17 also evolved from 150 to 200 to 300. and yes logically it will change again. PAF was reluctant to inducted J 10 C and along with others things one factor was that it will need revisions of induction plans again and cut in JF 17 is possible or either an entire change of roles. It is also possible that PAF will now look at JF 17 B to augment strike capabilities rather than a multi role one.

I am unsure how good a strike platform the B will be, it maybe too short ranged

Back
Top Bottom