What's new

Pakistan Air Force | News & Discussions.

OK. I just found this and had no idea if this was correct forum to share... Any how, if Mods believe it is not, please move this to appropriate section of the forum. This is really an moving tale of respect, honor and grace.

EkmTEf7W0AA62jE.jpeg

EkmTDzqWAAAGsZR.jpeg

So PAF seems to currently have roughly the following fleet:

F-16 - 75
JF-17 - 125 (approx?)
Mirage III - 89
Mirage V - 90
F-7PG - 57

This is a total of - 436 aircraft. That is approximately 24 squadrons worth of combat aircraft if we take 18 units per squadron.

If we reduce squadron strength to 14 per squadron and add 8 UCAVs to each squadron, we could actually get to a 31 squadron air force.

I think this would be a better way to use the Azm UCAV program than to make independent UCAV squadrons.

F-16 - 75
JF-17 - 125 (approx?)
Mirage III - 89
Mirage V - 90
F-7PG - 57

This is a total of - 436 aircraft. That is approximately 24 squadrons worth of combat aircraft if we take 18 units per squadron.

If we reduce squadron strength to 14 per squadron and add 8 UCAVs to each squadron, we could actually get to a 31 squadron air force.

I think this would be a better way to use the Azm UCAV program than to make independent UCAV squadrons.

I think you over estimated the Mirage numbers. Also combined UCAV/Manned squadrons will not work just yet for many reasons.

F-16 - 75
JF-17 - 125 (approx?)
Mirage III - 89
Mirage V - 90
F-7PG - 57

I rather we have a separate squadron of UCAV without depleting the or reducing the regular AF Squadrons with if we allocate more aircraft per squadron. The UCAV should be a joint command between Army Air Corps and Air Force.

All types of mirage not more than 150
F7 PG 53
F-16 75
JFT 130 AND COUNTING

Total appx 410 fighters in 20 fighter squadron . The beauty of the above fleet is that paf now have appx 60% fleet of various 4th gen fighter

Now, when I am talking about UCAVs, I don't mean the TB-2 or Predator type UCAV. I mean the kind of UCAV the airforce can use as a loyal wingman for strike and / or air to air missions.

That is the real next step here. You don't want to create a separate squadron of loyal wingmen type advanced UCAVs. You want them to be organic to the air force squadrons to be effectively utilized.

Meanwhile, you want your squadrons to be effective and efficient. If you put too many aircraft, whether manned or unmanned in a squadron, their marginal effectiveness decreases. There are only x number of people you can organize effectively, only x number of missions that a squadron has organizational capability to handle.

This is why we saw in the first place why Western air forces preferred fewer aircraft in a squadron than Soviet / Chinese doctrine.

Going by the same principle, you want to organize future combat aircraft / UCAV squadrons effectively not by adding x number of UCAVs to current squadrons (or even worse, creating separate UCAV squadrons), but by re-structuring your air force to have the best balance of manned and unmanned platforms per squadron.

Now, when I am talking about UCAVs, I don't mean the TB-2 or Predator type UCAV. I mean the kind of UCAV the airforce can use as a loyal wingman for strike and / or air to air missions.

That is the real next step here. You don't want to create a separate squadron of loyal wingmen type advanced UCAVs. You want them to be organic to the air force squadrons to be effectively utilized.

Meanwhile, you want your squadrons to be effective and efficient. If you put too many aircraft, whether manned or unmanned in a squadron, their marginal effectiveness decreases. There are only x number of people you can organize effectively, only x number of missions that a squadron has organizational capability to handle.

This is why we saw in the first place why Western air forces preferred fewer aircraft in a squadron than Soviet / Chinese doctrine.

Going by the same principle, you want to organize future combat aircraft / UCAV squadrons effectively not by adding x number of UCAVs to current squadrons (or even worse, creating separate UCAV squadrons), but by re-structuring your air force to have the best balance of manned and unmanned platforms per squadron.

It's an interesting idea, but that level of tech in a large enough UCAV simply does not exist at the moment.

AI based loyal wingmen are next evolution in air combat. DARPA is running an program where AI algorithms are being pitched against human brain to simulate aerial combats. Scary thing, AI is winning!

This thread is not to support rumor mills & hearsay.

We do have a separate thread where everyone is allowed to see different landing gears, some different lights & even sort of a whole different planes landed to the strength of full squadron in Karachi or all over the Pakistan, that world hasn't seen yet. It is advised to not to pollute this place. Thread banned issued and In-case of further violations, more will follow.

Regards,

Country Latest Posts

Back
Top Bottom