What's new

Pakistan Air Force | News & Discussions.

The competition is about the best Marksman. Secondly, Sher Afgan is a character fr history known for bravery and sensing treachery. Why to limit the scope only to Pakistan. It goes back I'm history and known in the world.

Interesting. Didn't know Sher Afgan was a historical character. Other than the fact he was the first husband of Nur Jahan, not sure what else he was known for. I think the competition is not named after the character but rather what it means (i.e. tiger grappler). Thanks!

119910478_3308274315956961_5802841248523906284_o.jpg

Interesting. Didn't know Sher Afgan was a historical character. Other than the fact he was the first husband of Nur Jahan, not sure what else he was known for. I think the competition is not named after the character but rather what it means (i.e. tiger grappler). Thanks!

Not that character bro, the husband of Nur Jehan. But, a character having capabilities to sense treachery, brave & even if enemy thinks to lures, it will attack successfully and can never be trapped into an ambush. Well, call it tiger grappler or Nur Jehan's husband. (on the lighter note). Having above capabilities & skills, now think about Sher Afgan Trophy competition and marksmanship tasks to be done successfully.

Any news about Block-III??? Now it feels like I am wondering around in some PAF history forum.

This has been an expensive year for the PAF with the loss of an F-16 (Wing Commander Nauman crash) and then the recent loss of a JF-17. While the latter is an inevitability on account of the risks of fighter flying, the first one was avoidable as getting operational fighter pilots to do aerobatics routines is a waste of lives, resources and assets.

This has been an expensive year for the PAF with the loss of an F-16 (Wing Commander Nauman crash) and then the recent loss of a JF-17. While the latter is an inevitability on account of the risks of fighter flying, the first one was avoidable as getting operational fighter pilots to do aerobatics routines is a waste of lives, resources and assets.
I agree. Not sure why we had to put up an MLU out for such flying. If we had to use an F-16 (big if), we could've used to the non-MLU/ex-Jordanian ones instead.

Otherwise, we should look at allocating a couple of JF-17 Block-Is for the role permanently.

No.12 VIP Squadron's F-27 ( Serial# 1025 4) Parked at Chaklala base tarmac. This Particular F-27 ( c/n 10254 ) was built in 1964 and delivered to PIA in 1988, Then to Pakistan Army in 1992 and finally to Pakistan Air Force in December 1994.

1600991620943.png

Pakistan Air Force has replaced its entire fleet of old and outdated Alouette-III helicopters with new state-of-the-art AW-139M helicopters. These helicopters are used for search and rescue and utility purposes.

1600991812750.png

Pakistan Defence Latest Posts

Back
Top Bottom