What's new

Pakistan Air Force | News & Discussions.

Correction... F-7P will be first.. PGs have more life left plus a lot of mods;those will be around for more
Its not a correction. Yes the F-7Ps will be replaced first, but they will be replaced by Blk-IIs. Remember an additional 12 were ordered. The Blk3s will likely exclusively replace the PGs unless some non-upgarded mirages become part of the calculus.

Okay so as it has surfaced now on Social media (atleast at 1 place) so its safe to say here as well...Sharp Shooters No. 18 sqn soon to re-equip to JF-17 and act as OCU.

It will be taking place of a certain JF sqn I mentioned few weeks ago moving out of M.

@HRK @khanasifm @fatman17

A fighter squadron to move out from R and shift to M.The squadron moving out will be replaced by a J squadron.

My interpretation would be no. 14 moving out from Minhas (since they were spotted at Skardu and we know Skardu is expanding). No. 18 moving to Minhas with new JF-17s. That means Minhas will exclusively be a OCU base with 2 JF-17 OCU squadrons. However that doesnt explain the R in your post since no. 18 is coming from MM Alam Base, Mianwali. I doubt something is moving out from Rafiqui.

Its not a correction. Yes the F-7Ps will be replaced first, but they will be replaced by Blk-IIs. Remember an additional 12 were ordered. The Blk3s will likely exclusively replace the PGs unless some non-upgarded mirages become part of the calculus.
yes, i was pointing out to your number of 55; total P/PG number is far more than quoted.

yes, i was pointing out to your number of 55; total P/PG number is far more than quoted.
If no.18 has indeed re-equipped that would be the last of the Ps. Are you counting the un-numbered LIFT and CCS flights/squadrons?

My interpretation would be no. 14 moving out from Minhas (since they were spotted at Skardu and we know Skardu is expanding). No. 18 moving to Minhas with new JF-17s. That means Minhas will exclusively be a OCU base with 2 JF-17 OCU squadrons. However that doesnt explain the R in your post since no. 18 is coming from MM Alam Base, Mianwali. I doubt something is moving out from Rafiqui.
This might help you understand better :

A squadron to move out from R and shift to M.The squadron moving out of R to be replaced by a squadron from M.The squadron moving out of M to be replaced by Sharp Shooters (I would put M here as well but that would cause too much confusion) :D:D:D

You are correct on many points but not on all.

Dont worry you'll understand everything when official announcements are made.

A squadron to move out from R and shift to M.The squadron moving out of R to be replaced by a squadron from M.The squadron moving out of M to be replaced by Sharp Shooters (I would put M here as well but that would cause too much confusion) :D:D:D

Thanks Mianwali, Minhas, Masroor so many Ms but only one Rafiqui. I'll go ahead and indulge with the latest clue, its turning out to be a good exercise in code breaking :)

"A squadron to move out from R and shift to M."
Mirage squadron from Rafique to Masroor. (will make room for a previously missing AS element at Rafiqui and will mean JFs have another home base)

"The squadron moving out of R to be replaced by a squadron from M"
Mirage squadron moving out of Rafique replaced by no.14 from Minhas

"The squadron moving out of M to be replaced by Sharp Shooters (I would put M here as well but that would cause too much confusion)":
no.14 moving out frm Minhas replaced by No. 18 Sharpshooters from Mianwali

So obviously I was wrong about no.14 going to Skardu and nothing moving out from Rafiqui.

What will be interesting is if as @Tipu7 rumored, a mirage squadron is also simultaneously converted to JF. Of the 110 As and 8 Bs accepted and available at PAF the numbers are certainly there.

P.S. please dont feel you have to respond if that means giving out too much info, Im merely documenting my deductive skills to check against when things become public.

Last edited:

:cuckoo:
Why the crpyptic message
I m old

New PAC JF-17A Block 2 undergoing aerial refuelling tests from a Pakistan Air Force Illyushin Il-78MP tanker |

117715390_3145843548798603_3539891450762290513_n.jpg

Back
Top Bottom