What's new

Pakistan Air Force | News & Discussions.

Someday, someone will have to give me true definition 'Emergency Basis'.

It's not going to the local Toyota dealership and picking up 30-40 Hiace vans for your Transport business.

India has asked foe 21 MiG-29's and 12 Su-30MK's.

Now, they could get those MiG-29's from storage - but Su-30's aren't coming off the assembly like instant popcorn.

I think we're looking too much into India's Defense procurement.

I'm actually more interested how the US is looking at it. First India played down the MRCA 2.0 by laying off the competition with their own local LCA Tejas and now are going back to their main supplier - Russia.

I agree. It will take some time but it will add 2 squadrons in their fleet which is a problem. We need block 3 asap.

They seem to have relatively straight forward options to expanding their fleet quite rapidly. PAF doesn't have the same support because of the F-16 / US debacle. Had PAF gotten some J-10s, they could easily boost numbers in an emergency from China.

IK described what is smart lock down...and Covid is simple flu....and if IAF comes...Ghabrana nahein hy.
Smart lockdown is a known terminology as is the theory(howsoever defective) behind it.
Covid is a simple Flu. It is simple in the sense of being devastating like the Spanish Flu was till people grew immunity to it. At the end of the day it is flu at its initial stage before people gain immunity to it. 2.5 million people died of Spanish Flu.
pakistan is a nation of people with Knee jerk reactions. So the advice is a good one. Here in UK in spite of having first world NHS, 40K + people have perished from Covid. US has lost 110K people and we are maligning everyone under the sun for 3000 deaths. it maybe that another 10000 will die but it will still be less than a tenth of what the EU and the US have had. i think Pakistan has done relatively well so far. But carry on maligning!!!
A

Smart lockdown is a known terminology as is the theory(howsoever defective) behind it.
Covid is a simple Flu. It is simple in the sense of being devastating like the Spanish Flu was till people grew immunity to it. At the end of the day it is flu at its initial stage before people gain immunity to it. 2.5 million people died of Spanish Flu.
pakistan is a nation of people with Knee jerk reactions. So the advice is a good one. Here in UK in spite of having first world NHS, 40K + people have perished from Covid. US has lost 110K people and we are maligning everyone under the sun for 3000 deaths. it maybe that another 10000 will die but it will still be less than a tenth of what the EU and the US have had. i think Pakistan has done relatively well so far. But carry on maligning!!!
A
in Pakistan,lockdown was more devastating the COVID itself.
we are talking about a country where child mortality is and maternal mortality is 100 higher than western countries..where half of the population is malnourished and the average age is just 63 years

one of the reason for lower mortality is that a regular flu pretty much thins out the vulnerable population in Pakistan each year 10,000s die from "pneumonias" in Pakistan that are preventable in other countries (like iran where everyone gets flushot and average age is 77)
hence when covid hit, the countries that had vulnerable populations suffered the most but African countries and pakistan where vulnerable populations dies every year ..nothing really happened..

this should be an eye opner..pakistan is living in 24/7 COVID like disaster for last 50 years..people are dying from hunger, sepsis, pneumonia (preventable Pneumovax 13 & 23), flu (preventable by influenza shot), varicella(preventable by varicella vaccine), measles, polio ...lets not even talk about immunocompromised..we dont have any..as we dont have any medications to make people immunocompromised..

we simply killed off the high-risk population before the COVID came..does this mean we did better...its ironic

I was reading wondering what in the world smart lockdown is in military aviation. Seems I had never encountered this term. Started wondering if it had something to do with a "smart" way to lock onto an enemy aircraft until I read the post and realized it had nothing to do with PAF or military aviation at all! FYI Bangladesh is also following a very similar smart lock down policy.

A
Sir no point explaining it to them. I am sure they have the mental capabilities to come to the same conclusion that 3000 deaths vs 40,000 or 120,000 is definitely better. Yet they continue to bad mouth and spew nonsense. It's almost as if IK is responsible for corona in the world, or IK should personally go to each citizen give him/her a mask and a 15 minute lecture on corona safety precautions. IK should also roam the streets of the cities and towns checking if people are adhering to social distancing.

Jahil quam hai, they deserve to be raped by Nawaz and Zardari. I hope IK retires after this term and let the dogs ravage the country ones more. Atleast the nation would be happy.

A
It definitely will increase in South Asian countries and since most of the world has learned the hard way so will countries like Pakistan. 3 of my own relatives passed away from it, all largely due to negligence. The armed forces thankfully have been taking it far more seriously than the civilian population. The estimated numbers for Pakistan for Covid related deaths is going to be around 1 million or more by the end of the year with their current rate and medical system. Maybe after another million dead would probably yield in serious protective measures.

Sir no point explaining it to them. I am sure they have the mental capabilities to come to the same conclusion that 3000 deaths vs 40,000 or 120,000 is definitely better. Yet they continue to bad mouth and spew nonsense. It's almost as if IK is responsible for corona in the world, or IK should personally go to each citizen give him/her a mask and a 15 minute lecture on corona safety precautions. IK should also roam the streets of the cities and towns checking if people are adhering to social distancing.

Jahil quam hai, they deserve to be raped by Nawaz and Zardari. I hope IK retires after this term and let the dogs ravage the country ones more. Atleast the nation would be happy.
But they'll be bickering again when more garbage starts running the country. A non-grateful nation will always be bickering, without sacrificing for the greater long term good.

https://falcons.pk/photo/AgustaWestland-AW139/2759

Photo-2759.jpg

A
People donot want to take precautions and are bent upon blaming Ik or the government....Has IK ever stopped people from wearing masks....

Now US look for real opportunity
US warned India that MiG-29s and Su-30s wouldn’t help against China
https://bulgarianmilitary.com/amp/2...help-against-china/?__twitter_impression=true

A
Not maligning any one....only pointing out sheer stupidity even old PTI supporters like me crying for whats happening here...

Loot mar machi hy in healthcare sector ...from doctors to medical drugs providers .....one day ICU charges reaches 100000 rupees....12000 injecction reaches 150000 ....plasma one point being sold at 350000 ......and the govt is no where.....

off topic ...but very sad.....this is all happening in madina ki riasat .... model

I have been in quarintine for last 15 days ...my doctor guided me through whtsapp and I am Allhamdolliah recovered from Covid19...

The very first advice was do not go to any hospital yet and try to take the steps as being suggested.... Otherwise your entire family will be in trouble ....

With your very first step in hospital with covid .... The staff will ask you for heavy deposit or leave.....

Karachi to kpk this is all happening here....first hand experience...

Had PAF gotten some J-10s, they could easily boost numbers in an emergency from China.

Jf17 block 3 was supposed to this what you mentioned but unfortunately even that program is taking more time than expected. Block 3 was supposed to be with PAF by 2018 but now first delivery is expected in 2021.

Jf17 block 3 was supposed to this what you mentioned but unfortunately even that program is taking more time than expected. Block 3 was supposed to be with PAF by 2018 but now first delivery is expected in 2021.

What I meant was that in an emergency, China could divert some of its stock of J-10s to Pak. During a war, this can be a real boost.

What I meant was that in an emergency, China could divert some of its stock of J-10s to Pak. During a war, this can be a real boost.
Not really. Pakistan or PAF is not going to completely lose its fighters in a short war. The re-equipment phase after the war is where the Chinese help would be needed, and that can come in the shape of additional JF-17s produced in China. No need for the J-10, esp since even if we got a new type tomorrow, it would take almost 2 years to have it integrated into the PAF.
The only answer is more JF-17s and F-16s in the short to medium term. Long-term we are already focused on AZM

Back
Top Bottom