What's new

Pakistan Air Force | News & Discussions.

"The Pakistani Air Force (PAF) has proven the most die-hard user, having bought 96 new-build aircraft in the 1960s and 1970s, including the unique Exocet-compatible Mirage 5PA3, and then as mentioned acquiring 50 ex-Aussie Mirages in 1990. The Pakistan Aeronautical Complex (PAC) managed to get all but five of the Aussie machines back to flight condition, giving them an avionics update under the "Refit Of Strike Element (ROSE) I" program, conducted in collaboration with the French SAGEM firm. The other five Aussie Mirages were cannibalized for spares.

The ROSE I machines featured a head-up display (HUD), "hands on throttle & stick (HOTAS)" controls, a modernized cockpit layout, a modernized navigation system with an inertial unit and GPS satellite system receiver, defensive countermeasures systems, plus a FIAR Grifo M multimode radar. They were then followed by a batch of 39 AA hand-me-down Mirage 5 machines updated by SAGEM to the "ROSE II" and "ROSE III" configurations. The primary change in ROSE II was addition of a "forward looking infrared (FLIR)" imager and a laser rangefinder in a fairing under the cockpit, coupled to a low-level flight system and targeting system; the Grifo M radar was not fitted, these machines being optimized for the low-level night attack role. ROSE III was similar, but had improved avionics. The Pakistanis also kitted at least some of their Mirages with inflight refueling probes.

That wasn't the end of it, the PAF then acquiring ten Lebanese Mirages, which were returned to flight status; 13 Spanish Mirages, all used for spares; and 50 Libyan Mirages, mostly used for spares. That gave a total of 96 + 50 + 39 + 10 + 13 + 50 == 258 Mirages acquired by Pakistan. Mirages were still in service with the PAF in 2019, but they are to finally be retired in favor of the Chinese JF-17 fighter, a much-improved derivative of the Russian Mikoyan MiG-21. "

Allegedly this JF-17B is carrying two 250kg Fuel Air Explosive bombs but some poster question it as being a faked image.

However if I'm not mistaken, I remember that strange bomb from Zhuhai... but I will check. https://t.co/tXJmoeiGnX
IMG_20200601_125955.jpeg
IMG_20200601_130002.jpeg

Allegedly this JF-17B is carrying two 250kg Fuel Air Explosive bombs but some poster question it as being a faked image.

However if I'm not mistaken, I remember that strange bomb from Zhuhai... but I will check. https://t.co/tXJmoeiGnX
View attachment 637213View attachment 637214
Could you post this in JF-17B section..?

View attachment 637213View attachment 637214
Only thing that seems fake are the numbering and JF-17 Dual Seat written near the nose.

Right now our thandar B are based on block 2, do PAF have plan to induct thandars based on block 3 in future?

Thunder B is structurally similar to block 3. So we were informed by Messiach.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom