What's new

Pakistan Air Force | News & Discussions.

Very significant coming from PAC Chairman. But the British engine scares me a bit. Hopefully Turks and Pakistan can work around that.
“Turkey’s T-FX is in line with what the PAF want.” PAC Kamra Chairman Air Marshal Ahmer Shahzad told me today. Pak Air Force studies into a next generation fighter aircraft have been ongoing for over two years now. #IDEF2019
Source : Alan Warnes

“Turkey’s T-FX is in line with what the PAF want.” PAC Kamra Chairman Air Marshal Ahmer Shahzad told me today. Pak Air Force studies into a next generation fighter aircraft have been ongoing for over two years now. #IDEF2019
Source : Alan Warnes
I disagree with what Warned said here. How can PAF eye TFX because at this stage TFX is just a concept which is under research. There is nothing concrete for PAF to look at regarding TFX. TFX needs more time for PAF to consider. May be this could happen on later stages of TFX development but not now. What are your thoughts?

I disagree with what Warned said here. How can PAF eye TFX because at this stage TFX is just a concept which is under research. There is nothing concrete for PAF to look at regarding TFX. TFX needs more time for PAF to consider. May be this could happen on later stages of TFX development but not now. What are your thoughts?
This is probably to dissuade India from buying Rafale aircrafts. It seems that the logic is that Pakistan is looking for 5th gen stealthy war-birds and for this reason, India's best bet is to buy 5th generation aircraft instead of Rafale. Having Rafale may provide a window of few short years in which IAF would feel less vulnerable, but in the longer run Pakistan would do better.

Problem is that India could opt for F-35. They probably have the finances to handle it.

This is probably to dissuade India from buying Rafale aircrafts. It seems that the logic is that Pakistan is looking for 5th gen stealthy war-birds and for this reason, India's best bet is to buy 5th generation aircraft instead of Rafale. Having Rafale may provide a window of few short years in which IAF would feel less vulnerable, but in the longer run Pakistan would do better.

Problem is that India could opt for F-35. They probably have the finances to handle it.
India has already bought 36 Rafale and the extended order will follow be it Rafale or F-18 but it will because India needs too many jets and building entire fleet of 5th gen is not possible for them. Although I some what agree with your reason but yet we cannot deter them. Rafale will go through and yes F-35 will be flown by IAF that is where you are 100% correct.

Just an opinion. I think pakistan will divide it's 5th gen procurement.

Eventually India will buy more Rafale, as it makes sense since there ground crew would be trained on them and logistics would also be sorted out. Adding a new aircraft would be a nightmare for them.

India has already bought 36 Rafale and the extended order will follow be it Rafale or F-18 but it will because India needs too many jets and building entire fleet of 5th gen is not possible for them. Although I some what agree with your reason but yet we cannot deter them. Rafale will go through and yes F-35 will be flown by IAF that is where you are 100% correct.

India cannot buy the F35 since she will also operate the S400.....

If F-16/F21 comes to India then F35 will also come otherwise not or maybe after so many years that it won't remain a significant threat.

Eventually India will buy more Rafale, as it makes sense since there ground crew would be trained on them and logistics would also be sorted out. Adding a new aircraft would be a nightmare for them.
Rafale has the inside track to win the 114 aircraft tender, only hitch will be the price and the French tradition of bribery to win the order.

Our Polish Patriot
IMG_20190504_010428.jpeg

Rafale has the inside track to win the 114 aircraft tender, only hitch will be the price and the French tradition of bribery to win the order.
French have a tendency in bribing, and I am sure they even did it for the 36 planes. The only thing that could stop them is a major financial scandal

How can PAF counter F 35s??

I never knew that we take in cadet pilots from The Islamic Republic of Iran Air Force and train 'em on the K-8...

Back
Top Bottom