What's new

Pakistan Air Force | News & Discussions.

Missiles are not reserved for one type or another. The notion that MAR-1 equips mirages and so LD-10 is necessary is not well thought through given mirages are being retired and replaced by JF-17. Now one could say LD-10 is a better weapon than MAR-1 but there is no evidence of this. The stated range of both is 60km, but some reports suggest longer ranges for both with 80km for LD-10 and 100km for MAR-1. Something as simple as the PAF wants multiple options or it was bought to appease China or show that PAF stands behind thr Chinese weapons packages for the sake of marketing the aircraft and weapons, or even they dont have enough MAR-1 in the inventory would all be reasonable answers, but not because it primarily equips Mirage. MAR-1 integration on the JF-17 has been completed. PAF should try to keep as diverse a group of suppliers for all weapons and aircraft as possible for those areas whdre it doesnt have indigenous solutions, obviously with China getting the lions share.

Point is very simple PAF looking for new weapons and they need new weapons as USA closing arms sales to Pakistan MAR-1 are also not going to be sold to Pakistan again so PAF is looking for new weapon system to replace it so where LD-10 comes in which has almost same range and and can be launch from JF-17

Point is very simple PAF looking for new weapons and they need new weapons as USA closing arms sales to Pakistan MAR-1 are also not going to be sold to Pakistan again so PAF is looking for new weapon system to replace it so where LD-10 comes in which has almost same range and and can be launch from JF-17

Who told you MAR-1 is not going to be sold to Pakistan?

Who told you MAR-1 is not going to be sold to Pakistan?

IS there any new weapon deal heaping with USA answer is no. so until relationship between Pakistan and USA get normal PAF don't want to just relies on just USA for weapons so that make scene to have other options and it also doesn't surprise me if AH-1Z viper deal also fall short. USA also did that before with F-16

IS there any new weapon deal heaping with USA answer is no. so until relationship between Pakistan and USA get normal PAF don't want to just relies on just USA for weapons so that make scene to have other options and it also doesn't surprise me if AH-1Z viper deal also fall short. USA also did that before with F-16
MAR-1 is not a product of USA origin

MAR-1 is not a product of USA origin

sorry my bad i didn't know MAR-1 was Brazilian i thought it was a different variant of AGM-84H/K SLAM-ER

but my point is still valid that PAF don't want to depend on just one vendor and it's chines so may be there is a TOD involved in this missiles so it would be cheaper to make and buy

PAF Flypast drills over Capital Islamabad.
1: One Il78 MRTT with two C130 Hercules
2: One ZDK03 with two Erieye AWACs
3: Two P3C Orion MPA https://t.co/SKDAgp5jDF
IMG_20180314_165738.jpg
IMG_20180314_165731.jpg
IMG_20180314_165743.jpg

Today In Aviation History

On March 14, 1969, The aerobatic team of black F-6's (call sign "The Rattlers"), perform over Sargodha. The team gave its last performance on 14 March 1969 when Marshal Grechko the Soviet Defence Minister visited Sargodha. https://t.co/60xZ52MuYi
IMG_20180314_185429.jpg

MAR-1 has nothing to do with the US. Better to research your claim before posting knee-jerk reaction & scripted messages.

Thanks

MAR-1 is Brazilian and has no US components. You need to look into what you are talking about before authoritatively posting nonsense. As it relates to suppliers, Mectron, who makes the MAR-1 is the biggest weapons supplier for the JF-17 outside of China and Pakistan. Both the MAR-1 and the MAA-1A and in the future the MAA-1B (reportedly letter of intent was signed) Piranah IR-guided Short Range A2A Missiles.

sorry my bad i didn't know MAR-1 was Brazilian i thought it was a different variant of AGM-84H/K SLAM-ER

but my point is still valid that PAF don't want to depend on just one vendor and it's chines so may be there is a TOD involved in this missiles so it would be cheaper to make and buy

The PAF already operates AGM-88 HARM which would be the equivalent US missile, so not sure where you get off thinking that the MAR-1 or the LD-10 would be some new development for PAF. Usually the restriction on the export to Pakistan is on weapon types it does not already operate or possess (and PAF has both MAR-1, HARM and now LD-10) or big ticket items with political ramifications (F-16s, Frigates, OPVs, etc).

PAF needs multiple suppliers including US which provides among other things
Aim-120 AMRAAM (which it has more than 500)
AGM-88 HARM
AGM-154 JSOW
JDAM
AGM-84 Harpoon

Brazil: MAR-1, MAA-1A/B
South Africa: Raptor I/II (which became H2/H4), and in future possibly A-darter

And of course, China, which provides more weapons that we can count.

Latest posts

Country Latest Posts

Back
Top Bottom