What's new

Pakistan Air Force | News & Discussions.

He's famous on instagram with nearly 5k followers...and he didnt post it,only used it for profile picture which can easily be saved through many apps.

I am not sure if a discussion of the ethics of sharing DPs is the right thing to do on this thread. DPs are quite public and if you have an issue with sharing them over here, please address the Webmaster on an appropriate thread. He can discuss the same with WindJammer if he thinks that sharing public DPs is an issue for PDF. Thanks.

Beta ap apni studies pe concentrate kro...PDF pe thora time spend kea kro.

I am not sure if a discussion of the ethics of sharing DPs is the right thing to do on this thread. DPs are quite public and if you have an issue with sharing them over here, please address the Webmaster on an appropriate thread. He can discuss the same with WindJammer if he thinks that sharing public DPs is an issue for PDF. Thanks.
First of all I never blamed @Windjammer for stealing the picture.

Instagram DPs aren't that private...you cant open them like FB or other sites and there's a reason to that which should be respected.I just made a comment man no need to start a debate with fellow users and admins.

Instagram DPs aren't that private...you cant open them like FB or other sites and there's a reason to that which should be respected.I just made a comment man no need to start a debate with fellow users and admins.
Actually Insta DPs are too small in restricted mode to open anyway to get this resolution- this is either FB or someone already with access to the Instagram account; in that case it’s the pilots fault on who he allows in.
But to debate privacy on the internet is folly, we have situations linked outside of where military officers have ended up with playthings in the usual bravado and then when they try to eject out of the situation their chutes are snagged by the scorned women and pictures outed.

Same way we had a situation where a AMC girls dp was taken off a google search of her FB account.

So if you put a picture up on the internet, you already signed away your privacy rights.

Same thing happened to me. I run a large enough Facebook page and someone sent me a video of a joint Pakistan China air force exercise. The video was unique and interesting, so I posted and it went viral. Got 1000 + shares within a few days.
Then the actual pilot who recorded the video whith his mobile phone while flying the PAF jet cake round and messaged me on FB via the page, saying that the video was "Stolen" from a Watts app group where he posted it for viewing of members who as a select group of ex and serving military personnel. I am not a member of that Watts app group but I knew someone who was in there and requested to investigate. He told me that yes the video was posted in the group by squadron leader such and such, but he did not add any footnote asking members to keep it private or not to share with public, so people took the liberty and shared the video on their Watts app and other social media platforms.
I deleted the video from my page and messaged back the Squadron leader sahib about how his video reached me and probably other social media platforms and he sounded very disappointed about how allegedly his close friends in the Watts app group breached his trust.
But the blame was mutual. People get arrested for driving a car while using a mobile phone and here a PAF squadron leader was using mobile phone while flying a multi million dollar armed jet? And it doesn't stop here , he also recorded the Chinese electronic warfare plane flying next to him and video showing very detailed view of Chinese jet. Did the Chinese allow him or PAF to record Their electronic warfare jet in such a way?
I felt sorry for the guy and raised multiple copyright claims with faceFace, Google and other platforms where I saw the same video being posted. Some platforms removed the video, some didn't. So the video may still be out there, breaching not only Pakistan's but also Chinese national security.
Out military men should be more mature and responsible and stop making such teenager mistakes.

Same thing happened to me. I run a large enough Facebook page and someone sent me a video of a joint Pakistan China air force exercise. The video was unique and interesting, so I posted and it went viral. Got 1000 + shares within a few days.
Then the actual pilot who recorded the video whith his mobile phone while flying the PAF jet cake round and messaged me on FB via the page, saying that the video was "Stolen" from a Watts app group where he posted it for viewing of members who as a select group of ex and serving military personnel. I am not a member of that Watts app group but I knew someone who was in there and requested to investigate. He told me that yes the video was posted in the group by squadron leader such and such, but he did not add any footnote asking members to keep it private or not to share with public, so people took the liberty and shared the video on their Watts app and other social media platforms.
I deleted the video from my page and messaged back the Squadron leader sahib about how his video reached me and probably other social media platforms and he sounded very disappointed about how allegedly his close friends in the Watts app group breached his trust.
But the blame was mutual. People get arrested for driving a car while using a mobile phone and here a PAF squadron leader was using mobile phone while flying a multi million dollar armed jet? And it doesn't stop here , he also recorded the Chinese electronic warfare plane flying next to him and video showing very detailed view of Chinese jet. Did the Chinese allow him or PAF to record Their electronic warfare jet in such a way?
I felt sorry for the guy and raised multiple copyright claims with faceFace, Google and other platforms where I saw the same video being posted. Some platforms removed the video, some didn't. So the video may still be out there, breaching not only Pakistan's but also Chinese national security.
Out military men should be more mature and responsible and stop making such teenager mistakes.

OUCH!!!!!!!!!!! This is SERIOUS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

@WebMaster @The Eagle @Horus how can we raise this with relevant authorities???

Actually Insta DPs are too small in restricted mode to open anyway to get this resolution- this is either FB or someone already with access to the Instagram account; in that case it’s the pilots fault on who he allows in.
But to debate privacy on the internet is folly, we have situations linked outside of where military officers have ended up with playthings in the usual bravado and then when they try to eject out of the situation their chutes are snagged by the scorned women and pictures outed.

Same way we had a situation where a AMC girls dp was taken off a google search of her FB account.

So if you put a picture up on the internet, you already signed away your privacy rights.
Yeah instagram DPs cant be opened thorugh the original app but there are many apps on playstore through which u can open DP of target account and save it.I know this pilot and also follow him instagram and he didnt post it there,just used it for dp(only to prevent it get reposted but alas log kisi ko ni chorty).

Postings pictures on social media...yeah thats their own fault.But people especially females use their own DPs on insta just bcuz they cant be opened in the original app and I think it should be respected.

I know 2 friends of mine against whom airforce took some action just bcz they kept posting selfies while flying(didnt hide their name and sqn in the pictures).

Yeah it totally depends on the officer himself...I know guys who dont even use social media just bcz to prevent such incidents...yeah they too take selfies and videos but dont share on the internet.And there are some who dont even take selfies,their only passion is flying and dedication to their profession.

The #PakistanAirForce gained a new squadron, No.28 'Phoenix'. It will be based at Samungli Air Base, Quetta. Pakistan Falcon's photogallery showed the first pre-delivery photograph of 17-238 in 28sq markings.
#AvGeek #JF17Thunder https://t.co/pnBegVMJbT
IMG_20180214_160928.jpeg
IMG_20180214_160934.jpeg

Back
Top Bottom