What's new

Pakistan Air Force | News & Discussions.

I personally think PAF will design a single engine 5th gen fighter around ws-15(A Modern version required for 5th gen fighter). And will develop required technologies with help from turkey and china.

Sounds like someone who thinks the JF-17 is based on the MiG-21 would say...
Regardless of who says it,don't you think it will be a joint venture like the thunder ?
Or will Paf try to build it 'indigenously' like the Tejas ? If that's the case then it seems pretty far fetched that we would accomplish that even after a decade from now.

Regardless of who says it,don't you think it will be a joint venture like the thunder ?
Or will Paf try to build it 'indigenously' like the Tejas ? If that's the case then it seems pretty far fetched that we would accomplish that even after a decade from now.
The reality is that based on the info available, we don't know what this 5th gen program actually is...so the guy saying, "it's an attempt at J-31 ToT with Turkish flavour" is either pushing an unsubstantiated opinion or is fabricating facts. That's why I brought in the JF-17/MiG-21 thing, because it's essentially the same thing - "how do you know?"

Anyways, the PAF ACM said that the 5th gen program is with AvDI in PAC. He also didn't bring up China (yet) and in an April interview said the PAF will work with Turkey in a next-gen fighter. At present the info given is pretty vague and only time will provide structure. Anything else is guesswork, which can be good at times, but is by nature tentative and not fact.

The reality is that based on the info available, we don't know what this 5th gen program actually is...so the guy saying, "it's an attempt at J-31 ToT with Turkish flavour" is either pushing an unsubstantiated opinion or is fabricating facts. That's why I brought in the JF-17/MiG-21 thing, because it's essentially the same thing - "how do you know?"

Anyways, the PAF ACM said that the 5th gen program is with AvDI in PAC. He also didn't bring up China (yet) and in an April interview said the PAF will work with Turkey in a next-gen fighter. At present the info given is pretty vague and only time will provide structure. Anything else is guesswork, which can be good at times, but is by nature tentative and not fact.
Yup.
All is vague atm.

First of all, it is 'she', because she is a lady. Secondly, She is a very senior and highly regarded member of this forum. Please mind you attitude when referring to seniors.

I would not consider it a valid source, just a word of mouth, speculation or a wish list. Even she said to wait for official word, which means it's not a done deal. Maybe it was an option being looked at by PAF considering the increased payload but probably didn't happen. Else we would have heard it from the various PAF interviews that boast Thunders capabilities at every possible turn, so it's safe to assume we can put that in the 'nice to have' bucket for now

Another scumbag hiding behind the Great Green

@mods please check his IP

the only thing indigenous about Tejas are the hollow claims, everything else including the engineers come from one of the 37 countries struggling to put that junk together

sir , they've got no balls of shame :hitwall:

Thank God for those F-16s and their associated DB110 reconnaissance pods that helped save countless Pakistani lives as they enabled us to digitally terrain map FATA and make targeting TTP and other terrorists possible.

For more information, read the August's Air Forces Monthly article on PAF's ISR efforts.

In the interim I will let the ill-wishers of Pakistani armed forces hang themselves

I have a question about the new PAF's AW-139 helicopters. News reported they were part of No. 80 SAR squadron. Any idea where is it based? Is it raised for PAF Bholari currently being built?

Another scumbag hiding behind the Great Green

@mods please check his IP

the only thing indigenous about Tejas are the hollow claims, everything else including the engineers come from one of the 37 countries struggling to put that junk together
O beta ! Haath hola rakho thora neechay ao.
Baat samajh anay say pehlay react nahi kartay.

Thank God for those F-16s and their associated DB110 reconnaissance pods that helped save countless Pakistani lives as they enabled us to digitally terrain map FATA and make targeting TTP and other terrorists possible.

For more information, read the August's Air Forces Monthly article on PAF's ISR efforts.

In the interim I will let the ill-wishers of Pakistani armed forces hang themselves

Sir,

The blue uniform that you wore---the generals wearing that uniform---many of them were and are sellouts---sold pakistan to the highest bidder---.

The delivery of the first batch (1701-1704) could start in late 2017.
Myanmar
JF-17_1704.jpeg

Back
Top Bottom