What's new

Pakistan Air Force | News & Discussions.

Did anyone in Karachi just heard a loud Sonic boom? I did about five minutes ago.

Downed is the wrong use here, more like destroyed on the tarmac.

True, and some were totaled sitting in hangars..

bastion2.jpg

bastion3.jpg

bastion4.jpg

Did anyone in Karachi just heard a loud Sonic boom? I did about five minutes ago.

last night I also noted flying activities (If i am not wrong 17 were flying) but no sonic boom was heard

After searching a-lot over the internet and in many magazines and books, I have not found the names of No. 4, 10, 21, 41, 83, 85 and 87 Squadrons.

By looking at their respective patches, I can assume the some of the names for them as

s2ugXiv.jpg

87 Squadron - Dragon Flies (The fly in the center resembles to that specie)

JNWhGVm.jpg

83 Squadron - Kites (The bird in the center resembles to the Kites)

Kuwcyb1.jpg

10 Squadron - Buffaloes (The map behind the Buffalo depicts The Africa, Middle East including Turkey, South Asia, China from East Asia and Southeast Asia upto Vietnam - depicting the range for IL-78 IMO)

lPXbCCY.jpg

4 Squadron - Eagle Eyes (Considering how the eagle is looking at the target)

I am unable to name following two because

21 Squadron - found two different patches, don't know which one is true. 2nd seems relevant to C-130, but seen 1st one painted on a C-130
LPi1gpt.jpg

AND
Fb3ApSy.jpg

41 Squadron - could not found the exact specie of the bird, too many look alikes
xphJTlN.jpg

85 Squadron - could not identify what is exactly painted in middle
UOxmCuE.jpg

Sir @fatman17 , @Oscar , @Windjammer , @Horus , @TaimiKhan , @The Eagle , @Bilal Khan (Quwa) , @Bilal Khan 777 , @DESERT FIGHTER , @Imran Khan , @Dazzler ,
@Sulman Badshah , @Arsalan , please can you help me out. Am I right? Can anyone name them all.

Last edited:
After searching a-lot over the internet and in many magazines and books, I have not found the names of No. 4, 10, 21, 41, 83, 85 and 87 Squadrons.

By looking at their respective patches, I can assume the some of the names for them as

s2ugXiv.jpg

87 Squadron - Dragon Flies (The fly in the center resembles to that specie)

JNWhGVm.jpg

83 Squadron - Kites (The bird in the center resembles to the Kites)

Kuwcyb1.jpg

10 Squadron - Buffaloes (The map behind the Buffalo depicts The Africa, Middle East including Turkey, South Asia, China from East Asia and Southeast Asia upto Vietnam - depicting the range for IL-78 IMO)

lPXbCCY.jpg

4 Squadron - Eagle Eyes (Considering how the eagle is looking at the target)

I am unable to name following two because

21 Squadron - found two different patches, don't know which one is true. 2nd seems relevant to C-130, but seen 1st one painted on a C-130
LPi1gpt.jpg

AND
Fb3ApSy.jpg

41 Squadron - could not found the exact specie of the bird, too many look alikes
xphJTlN.jpg

85 Squadron - could not identify what is exactly painted in middle
UOxmCuE.jpg

Sir @fatman17 , @Oscar , @Windjammer , @Horus , @TaimiKhan , @The Eagle , @Bilal Khan (Quwa) , @Bilal Khan 777 , @DESERT FIGHTER , @Imran Khan , @Dazzler , please can you help me out. Am I right? Can anyone name them all.
All sqdns starting with 8 are SAR squadrons based at major AFBs.

Back
Top Bottom