What's new

Pakistan Air Force | News & Discussions.

Don't think Pakistan operates T-38's. Turkey is giving Pakistan T-37's not T-38's.
Still too much confusing. As senior says T-38s are coming for AJTs and T-37s will add power needed.

By the way which countries are still operating T-37s and who are the former operators that can give some to PAF for spares and @ cheap price too.

But I am 100% sure that CPEC will allow the PAF to get 30 L-15 Block-Is @ Cheap Rates similar to 30 Z-10 Block-Is which are coming for Free or may be for Cheap. But I think that these Z-10 Block-Is will remain only in Balochistan. They will have 3 formations: 10 Z-10 Block-1 in North, 10 Z-10 Block-1 in Central and 10 Z-10 Block-1 in South Region.

Still too much confusing. As senior says T-38s are coming for AJTs and T-37s will add power needed.

By the way which countries are still operating T-37s and who are the former operators that can give some to PAF for spares and @ cheap price too.

But I am 100% sure that CPEC will allow the PAF to get 30 L-15 Block-Is @ Cheap Rates similar to 30 Z-10 Block-Is which are coming for Free or may be for Cheap. But I think that these Z-10 Block-Is will remain only in Balochistan. They will have 3 formations: 10 Z-10 Block-1 in North, 10 Z-10 Block-1 in Central and 10 Z-10 Block-1 in South Region.

Hon Sir,

Per Air Force Monthly of October 2015 ( page 28). Aircrafts coming from Turkey are 34 T-37's. Until such time someone comes with more reliable info; it would be hard to believe that PAF is getting T-38's.

Last edited:
Hon Sir,

Per Air Force Monthly of October 2015 ( page 28). Aircrafts coming from Turkey are 34 T-37's. Until such time someone comes with more reliable info; it would be hard to believe that PAF is getting T-38's.

Also confirmed by Alan Warnes in his tweet sometime back

Hon Sir,

I wish that PAF will buy more and more T-37s.

PAF DH-104
fgf444.jpg

The US government is reportedly
external.png
planning to sell eight F-16s to Pakistan. The country has been upgrading and up-arming its fleet of F-16s in recent years, with the Obama administration facing a possible block in Congress over the sale. However, this appears unlikely given the delivery in May
external.png
of a substantial quantity of surplus US hardware, including helicopters, and the approval in April
external.png
of nearly a billion dollars of military equipment.

DID

Air Platforms

US prepares to sell eight newbuild F-16s to Pakistan

Farhan Bokhari, Islamabad - IHS Jane's Defence Weekly

21 October 2015

The Obama administration is preparing to sell eight new Lockheed Martin F-16 fighters to Pakistan in recognition of the country's push against Taliban militants, a senior Pakistani government official told IHS Jane's on 22 October, hours before Pakistani prime minister Nawaz Sharif was due to meet with US president Barack Obama in Washington, DC.

In 2006 Pakistan signed a contract with the United States to purchase 12 new F-16C and six new F-16D Block 50/52 fighters, which were delivered by 2012. Other F-16s deliveries to Pakistan since the 9/11 terrorist attacks in 2001 have been refurbished older platforms.

"These new aircraft will be more advanced than the last batch of F-16s [the contract for which was signed in 2006]," said the Pakistani government official.

Back
Top Bottom