What's new

Pakistan Air Force | News & Discussions.

Yes they have offered us to buy SU-35 while nawaz was in russia but right now we r not in a condition to buy that expensive jet
Why not......we should buy that as indians are buying advanced rafale ......

I LISTN ON TV AT NEWS THAT PAKISTAN IS GOING TO BUY SU-35 FROM RUSSIA ALONG WITH HELICOPTERS ????????

DO ANY BODY CLEAR ME

PAKFIGHTER
search this link : Nga có thể bán Su-35 cho người bạn đáng tin cậy nhất của TQ | Quân sự | soha.vn

Original plan of 110 was about a decade ago, in the current scenario we should have a minimum of 150, 200 would be best.

Sounds ideal but stranger things have happened. I am a supporter of the F16 program sanctions and all and would love to see a fleet of 110 F16s (original plan).

Original plan of 110 was about a decade ago, in the current scenario we should have a minimum of 150, 200 would be best.
That was 110 F-16s, about 10 for attrition so full force of 100 units. But at that time PAF wanted the F-16 to be the brute force backed up by Mirage and F-6s/F7(later)

Now you have much superior JF-17....so technically you can have two backbones.....100 F-16s (more the better of course) and 150-200 JF-17s.

The key is to have a minimum 300 unit fleet with HOBS missiles....and some with AESA

Good options. Need cash mates for western war materials. For Chinese war materials soft loans are available payable in 10 to 15 years.

I don't think we'll get to 54-72 block 52's, at most may be 18 more remainder should come from used earlier blocks with MLU upgrades. I hope our economy improves and WOT comes to an end ASAP as it too is a big drain on resources

Yep ... 110 F-16A/Bs and 54-72 Block-52+/V would be nice.

I don't think we'll get to 54-72 block 52's, at most may be 18 more remainder should come from used earlier blocks with MLU upgrades. I hope our economy improves and WOT comes to an end ASAP as it too is a big drain on resources
Why not borrow money from ishaq dar and NS both can buy 50 block 52 from theior own pockets .

The only plane in our arsenal that can be used for a deep strike inside enemy territory on its own, or that can pose a worthy challenge to enemy heavy's is F-16 and with the deadly A2A's these days there is going to be heavy attrition on both sides, assuming 50% losses in all encounters on both sides, 100 would prove to be too small a number, hence the reason for my stated strength of 150-200.

Thunders are without any doubt much more capable than the Mirages and F-7's, but I don't think in their current form can be used on their own for deep strikes without protection from F-16's considering what the enemy would throw at them to intercept. Four to five more years for the Thunders to mature and evolve with possibly a better engine and more internal fuel then they would be able to face any challenge on their own.

That was 110 F-16s, about 10 for attrition so full force of 100 units. But at that time PAF wanted the F-16 to be the brute force backed up by Mirage and F-6s/F7(later)

Now you have much superior JF-17....so technically you can have two backbones.....100 F-16s (more the better of course) and 150-200 JF-17s.

The key is to have a minimum 300 unit fleet with HOBS missiles....and some with AESA

there is no need to go on different tangents.

Why not borrow money from ishaq dar and NS both can buy 50 block 52 from theior own pockets .

What is the PAF equivalent of the Hydra 70 air to ground rockets

Attachments

• 1437633580936.jpg
    1437633580936.jpg
    52.8 KB · Views: 125
What I have read that initial acquisition request for 72 Block 52's was made back in 2005-6 which got approved by congress but then the order was cut down to 36 and furthermore to only 18 Block 52's due to shortage of funds after the earthquake. So does that mean that PAF could still opt for remaining 54 Block 52's ?

What I have read that initial acquisition request for 72 Block 52's was made back in 2005-6 which got approved by congress but then the order was cut down to 36 and furthermore to only 18 Block 52's due to shortage of funds after the earthquake. So does that mean that PAF could still opt for remaining 54 Block 52's ?
I think even the 18 would now require congressional approval as the time for utilizing the facility may have elapsed.

I think even the 18 would now require congressional approval as the time for utilizing the facility may have elapsed.
It is very difficult to get the approval now...Though there is an other way but that too requires Presidential order...

It is very difficult to get the approval now...Though there is an other way but that too requires Presidential order...
The question really is whether it is now really a need for the 16s to the extent that we bend over for them. AESA is going to go on next batch of JFT and be operational in 2018-19. The Chinese pods will eventually reach maturity and other vendors aill come out with comparable products in 2-5 yrs. So why do we need the 16s. How relevant will they be in 2025. People here are harping on about deep sstrikes. Believe me there wont be àny deep strikes with aircrafts and missiles would be far more cheaper and much more accurate way of destroying enemy targets throughout India and indeed Pakistan.It would be much more prudent to do so then send assets and men on a suicidal mission. So acquisition sequence will probably be continue with JFT continue picking up a couple of squadrons of 16s as they come along 2016-8 but not pin too much hope if theyy dont havee J10s/11/6s as our security in case we desperately need more planes for the hi part of Hi lo combo

Back
Top Bottom