What's new

Pakistan Air Force needs to replace 190 planes by 2020

do you honestly reckon the US senate has it in them to sell pakistan 60 F-16s which is less then half of what is needed to replace 190 aircraft. when 8 F-16s caused so much angina for india another 10 will lead to them having a heart attack and any thing more then this will cause them to have bypass surgery.
I don't understand what's the problem in India protesting. And regarding 8 F 16's giving heart attack,we rejected much better version of what you might get on technical grounds as they don't perform as per our expectations. we know in and out of the capabilities of F16's so no one is loosing sleep over it in India.

now let me tell you why we protest,the reason is to deprive Pakistan of only source of good fighters it can get.how let me explain ?
Pakistan has four options to get fighters 1)European 2)Russian 3)Chinese 4)American

European plains are too expensive and they won't give soft loans to purchase so Pakistan cannot afford,or even if you can afford cannot in numbers which will have an impact.

Russian plains you won't get 1)they won't give soft loans ,they need cash 2) India Russia relations have not reached a level where Russia will do something which can threaten India.3)India is still Russia's number one purchaser of defence equipment

Chinese planes not mature enough and PAF has no faith in Chinese plane's capabilities with out a reliable engine .otherwise PAF would have opted for Chinese planes ,when Chinese would have been happy to provide soft loans. PAF has tested some of the platforms .

American are the only planes which PAF can afford not because they are cheap but because they are subcidised. they won't sell you any other plane other that F16 And that's exactly India was trying to cut. Those are your only front line fighters ,if for 8 Pakistan gets with so many hurdles you can imagine what would have happened for more.

Last edited:
Realistically, IAF planes would not dare crossing the LOC or IB because they fully understand the catastrophic consequences. (This also apply to PAF) And here im not even talking about nukes. All the tactical missiles are not just made to carry nukes but also conventional warheads. So from this point of view we dont even need a deep strike capability by aircraft.
What u all think.

I don't understand what's the problem in India protesting. And regarding 8 F 16's giving heart attack,we rejected much better version of what you might get on technical grounds as they don't perform as per our expectations. we know in and out of the capabilities of F16's so no one is loosing sleep over it in India..

That is the main question, if you rejected a "much better aircraft on paper" :rofl:, why the hell cry over 8 jets and literally make people laugh so hard from Downing St, to Pennsylvania Ave???? People think its a joke now seeing a reaction by a big government in a way a 14 year old girl reacts. So how about you tell us why such a shameful display of emotions for JUST 8 jets. Man,I wish these were like 40 jets, I could've justified so much crying to some degree......but EIGHT jets? And SO MUCH drama, just like a Bollywood movie :cheesy: :cray:

the problem is called third class indian mentality, according to third class indian mentality, Pakistan should never be able to defend itself conventionally or nuclearly how dare there, when you don't give us this option then you backward morons begin to cry ''oh why are they stockpiling nukes???'' you are full of your own shit, your country your so proud of is fueling a massive arms race 50 billion dollar each year on conventional arms, these F-16s are just for defending our own airspace and do not impact the balance of power and you become so frightnened you call in the US high commisioner to express your disappointment. if India wasn't bothered by the F-16 sales they wouldn't be calling on the US high commisoner in india and lodging international complaints, the fact of the matter is don't want Pakistan to defend itself either conventionally or nuclear, you'd rather we act like nepal. Your third rate govenment are worse the dalits lol
p.s.
having angina is different from having a heart attack you dumb piece of shit
Not responding as nothing worth responding,nothing on topic ,you must be wondering why did I quote then,you will get it when you turn pink.

That is the main question, if you rejected a "much better aircraft on paper" :rofl:, why the hell cry over 8 jets and literally make people laugh so hard from Downing St, to Pennsylvania Ave???? People think its a joke now seeing a reaction by a big government in a way a 14 year old girl reacts. So how about you tell us why such a shameful display of emotions for JUST 8 jets. Man,I wish these were like 40 jets, I could've justified so much crying to some degree......but EIGHT jets? And SO MUCH drama, just like a Bollywood movie :cheesy: :cray:
For 8 planes who tried to block it ,who tried to passed a resolution blocking the sale who are the 24 senators who voted for it,yeah you can laugh on them sir

Or you can check with PAF if they got the message ,just like you discussed issues with pakistani army chief when he came to America.
do you honestly reckon the US senate has it in them to sell pakistan 60 F-16s which is less then half of what is needed to replace 190 aircraft. when 8 F-16s caused so much angina for india another 10 will lead to them having a heart attack and any thing more then this will cause them to have bypass surgery.
I don't understand what's the problem in India protesting. And regarding 8 F 16's giving heart attack,we rejected much better version of what you might get on technical grounds as they don't perform as per our expectations. we know in and out of the capabilities of F16's so no one is loosing sleep over it in India.

now let me tell you why we protest,the reason is to deprive Pakistan of only source of good fighters it can get.how let me explain ?
Pakistan has three options to get fighters 1)European 2)Russian 3)Chinese 4)American

European plains are too expensive and they won't give soft loans to purchase so Pakistan cannot afford,or even if you can afford cannot in numbers which will have an impact.

Russian plains you won't get 1)they won't give soft loans ,they need cash 2) India Russia relations have not reached a level where Russia will something which an threaten India.3)India is still Russia's number one purchaser of defence equipment

Chinese planes not mature enough and PAF has no faith in Chinese plane's capabilities with out a reliable engine .otherwise PAF would have opted for Chinese planes ,when Chinese would have been happy to provide soft loans. PAF has tested some of the platforms .

American are the only planes which PAF can afford not because they are cheap but because they are subcidised. they won't sell you any other plane other that F16 And that's exactly India was trying to cut. Those are your only front line fighters ,if for 8 Pakistan gets with so many hurdles you can imagine what would have happened for more.
y chief

Hi,

That number was one of my biggest concerns----the paf Air Chief Marshalls are lollygagging---they come for their 4 years term---make their money and move ahead in life---without any consequences and no one to ask what they have NOT DONE for the paf.

190 by 2020 is a very high number of aircraft----and looks like they have been sitting on funds for awhile now---..

There is really no reason to go for any new F16's until and unless they have another superior platform in good numbers---.

6 minutes ago#1

Last edited:
And we're expected to believe that? Are we morons? So the terrorists are precision bombed by high tech F-16s whilst hiding in a crowd of civilians without causing collateral damage?

These planes are to be used against India. Period!
Us france and Russia are doing it in Syria.Yes you are not to believe that they will be only used against terrorism,if need be they will be used against india too

I think Pakistan acquired total of 194 F-7Ps and PGs, around 54-55 crashes have been recorded by scramble.nl and ejection.co.uk.So that leaves around 140 F-7s.
The mirages have been mentioned as well.

I think Pakistan need to have more focus on its economic sector........I dont think there will be a war between Pakistan and India for at least 10 years to come.....

After 2020, all the plane should be replaced by 5 generation fighters, no need to be rush.
There will be if the current Indian leadership (less Modi) gets its way and wont be if Pakistan keeps its nukes.
There may be small skirmishes but nothing beyond that.

WASHINGTON: Pakistan Air Force needs to retire 190 planes from its current fleet by 2020,
Which 190?

In September last year, Russia offered to sell Su-35 planes to Pakistan, which are among the fifth generation aircraft.
:o::o::o::o::o::o: 5th Gen?

Pakistani officials say that India’s defence purchases also influence their search for a matching technology. India is already working on a plan to replace its current fleet of planes with fifth generation aircraft by 2020, forcing Pakistan to do the same.

Who dream't of this "India is already working on a plan to replace its current fleet of planes with fifth generation aircraft by 2020,"

Which 190?

:o::o::o::o::o::o: 5th Gen?

Who dream't of this "India is already working on a plan to replace its current fleet of planes with fifth generation aircraft by 2020,"
su 35 isnt a fifth gen, a mistake probably they confused 4.5 with 5th gen

pakistan has 18 front line squardons with approx 360-400 jets
we have currently approx 76 f-16s and 70, odd thunders and 40 odd PGs that make around 180 jets that were updated/inducted post 2000s
so rest around 190ish f-7ps and mirages need replacement

so either pakistan will get f-16 in numbers or some other plateform or will use the option of thunders beyond 150

it says"working on plan"

how soon that plan works out is upon india...

well we must look for 2 squadrons of euro fighter if possible if not then buy chinese j20 5th generation... and keep investing in improvement of jf17 and join turkish air force for its stealth fighter program...

well they had about 180 j-7 of differant variants so it likly that the replacement would need to be very cheap. and here is the solution.
exercise-6-large.jpg

last time i checked pakistani's are getting 250 of these jets in 5 blocks.
also this does mean their is some 150 mirage-lll/v. this is what they will will need to replace. also note the rose 3 is a night precision strike fighter so they will need something that fit in the category quiet well

The mirages have been mentioned as well.

There will be if the current Indian leadership (less Modi) gets its way and wont be if Pakistan keeps its nukes.
There may be small skirmishes but nothing beyond that.

Yup, right, every reasonable person will not believe there will be any major war between two countries, it will destroy their own economy....

If Pakistan has money to spend, better to come to Turkish TFX program with that money....and I believe Turkish should invite Pakistan and other Muslim countries to join....

I wonder why Turkish want to do it alone....? Even South Korea invites Indonesia for their Stealth fighter program.....

My two cents; ramp up production of JF-17's to keep replacing all J-7, Mirage 3/5, etc. More aggressively pursue & develop a JF-10 which I think has potential to fill the 'air superiority' BVR capable, fighter role. I would love to be able to say that future F-16 sales are guaranteed, but unfortunately, there is too much politically questionable about that in the current climate in the USA.

J+10+fighter+Wallpapers+%2816%29.jpg

Country Latest Posts

Back
Top Bottom