What's new

Pakistan Air Force initiates Exercise 'Saffron Bandit 2012-13'

Darth Vader

Reaction score
Country
Norway
saffron.jpg

Associated Press of Pakistan

ISLAMABAD, Oct 25 (APP): Chief of Air Staff (CAS) of Pakistan Air Force, Air Chief Marshal Tahir Rafique Butt on Thursday said that readiness and war preparedness have attained enhanced significance in today’s dynamic and rapidly changing environment.

Speaking as a chief guest on the inaugural ceremony of Exercise Saffron Bandit 2012-13 held at an Operational Base of Pakistan Air Force, he said that PAF is, indeed, the most potent element of state defence and as always, has to maintain its posture to thwart any threats to our motherland.

“As all of you are aware, that while the traditional threats have not disappeared, new challenges with much uglier faces have surfaced. Therefore, besides evolving new and consolidating the established employment concepts, we have to keep this non-traditional adversary in our sights as well”, he added.

While advising the members of participating units at the ceremony, the Air Chief said the Exercise is aimed to enhance the war preparedness of PAF combat elements by providing role oriented training in near realistic but controlled environment.

The environment will be created by integrating and synergizing all available and futuristic capabilities and weapon systems for practicing, evolving and validating current and modern tactical concepts in a near war like environment.

“This time the environment is unique as all of the PAF's latest assets would be made to operate under one umbrella. Hence, through this Exercise, the PAF would be stepping into the future with all its modern capabilities in action”, he concluded.

Earlier, the Officer Commanding Combat Commander School, in his welcome address, apprised the details of scenario to the august gathering that Exercise Saffron Bandit is a triennial exercise that was initiated over 20 years ago.

"It is conducted under the auspices of the elite Combat Commanders School (CCS). This is the 6th such exercise that is being conducted in PAF", he said.

Why is it called 'SAFFRON BANDIT' ? is it everyone thinking what I am !

Yes, you guessed it. The exercise is against Hindu Fundamentalist Thieves ! LOL....

My friend, if you knew anything about Air Force Terminology, you would have known that the word "Bandit" is used for enemy aircraft, throughout the English speaking Air Forces.

"Saffron Bandit" simply implies "Attack Aircraft from India". Calm down and take it easy.

Any idea what weapon systems are being used in these exercises?

Pakistan should have refrained from using 'saffron' when the relationships between India and Pakistan are getting better

Pakistan's main adversary is India and it doesn't matter if relationship are getting better AF/ARMY will keep practicing by keeping their doctrines. And If India or Indians mind the name SAFFRON BANDIT then this relationship dont worth any more effort.

Yes, you guessed it. The exercise is against Hindu Fundamentalist Thieves ! LOL....

My friend, if you knew anything about Air Force Terminology, you would have known that the word "Bandit" is used for enemy aircraft, throughout the English speaking Air Forces.

"Saffron Bandit" simply implies "Attack Aircraft from India". Calm down and take it easy.

Not just the Hindus... us and the sardars too. :devil:

Love the name.

Generally there is nothing new in them. Same old pattern; CCS units and F16 flying with AEW support on simulated combat using ACMI and EWTTR ranges.

So any chance they introduce something new in to old pattern like DACT. F-16 representing most advance and heavy class fighter and JF-17 representing light weight fighters.

so we may have a latest count of how many erieye Pakistan is left with......after the kamra attack?

The Indians have no idea of military language and terminology.
As i said elsewhere, Bandit and Bogie are universal terms for enemy aircraft.
Saffron obviously refers to IAF roundel colour.
A USAF Squadron is called The Red Rippers, and i don't see the Russians or Chinese making a big issue out of it.......suffice to add, empty vessels make the most noise. :D

bg-title-d.jpg

So any chance they introduce something new in to old pattern like DACT. F-16 representing most advance and heavy class fighter and JF-17 representing light weight fighters.

Before answering that; one additional point I would like to add about SB'2012; its a six month exercise. The rule is that each month couple of units move to an operational base and fly with aggressor squadrons.

Now, since its a large scale exercise for overall assessment of fighter training among, the above posted fashion is followed by each and every squadron in PAF...I hope you get your answer;)

Back
Top Bottom