What's new

PAKISTAN AIR FORCE - A SYMBOL OF PRIDE FOR THE NATION

I think it is a good article.. a little too quick to reach conclusions..

as far as i know no blogs are accepted as a source here .

Please dont accept... its upto you.... You are not getting my point... When you say source I dont think anybody has gone against a SU30mki in a war..So nobody can actually tell you wheather such plans to defeat a 30 will work( lets not talk about war game exercise we will never know the outcome as its confedentional)The sole purpose of this article is to show the tactics used in air to air combat... The same can be used against the F16...The Su30mki is probably one of the best 4.5 gen fighter...better dan f16(i hope my pakistani frnds dont kill me here).. the source maybe not genuine as he is an average pakistani blogger but the his views here makes lot of sense( any person who has decent understanding about fighter will tell you he hits the nail in the head when he talks about the dogfighting of two fighters it can be SU30 or mig 29 or EF/Rafael ) the purpose of this thread was learning.. i really hope it servers the purpose ... If not i humbly request any of the MODs to delete it please..

t is a nice article but i have some observations.
1.as both india n pak have nukes n missiles so it will be utter foolishness for either country to launch a full scale war on its neighbour n both countries will suffer a great deal.
2.india always had edge over pak in terms of weapons of conventional war but according to many independent sources pak has got more nukes than india and has one of the fastest growing nuclear arsenal in the world so we if at all God forbid war starts then we should not hesitate in dropping nukes on the indian soil .of course we will receive some as well but we will be able to cause a considerable damage to our enemy if we strike first n hard.
3.if PAF uses these tactics which r discussed in that article then PAF will face disastrous results.totally defensive n letting indian fighters to carry out their missions according to their will .we will have to force the enemy to fight on our terms if we want to win.
4.in case war begins our survival will be in a preemptive strike on all the indian forward air bases like we did in 65 thus nipping the evil in the bud.but that pre emptive strike will be carried out by short range missiles rather then air crafts.why to risk a plane n a pilot's life when we have a better option available.if missiles carry along nukes then results will be disastrous for the enemy n IAF will be forced to fly its jets from rear bases.
5.after the first strike by shorter range missiles next step should be bombing major indian cities military sites nuclear facilities that are within range of our medium range missiles.like the usaf which uses its stealth fighters in the start of any compaign to destroy enemy command n control centres n then involve the legacy fighters we should use missiles as our stealth platforms destroying their major air bases n military sites.
6.now PAF should use its ELINT air crafts n air crafts with HARM missiles to detect n destroy enemy radars n sam sites close to the border.thus widening their air space of operation.by doing this IAF will be made to operate from rear bases n their fighters will have to face a shield of our bvr jets before they target our awacs.
7.in the article the author says that sd 10 has greater range then R77 n in the rest of the article he gives an edge to r77 because of its range.i couldn't understand this n how enemy will be having first shot capability if sd 10 has greater range then R77.
8.keeping in vies the huge difference in the frontal rcs b/w su 30 mki n f-16 how mki will be having first look advantage?
9.as f-16 c/d have jhmcs how su 30 will be ahead then f-16 as the author has mentioned.
10.regarding the use thrust vectoring in dog fights only time will tell whether it is beneficial to blue land or fox land.
11.indians r better then us in conventional warfare but we have equal or superior number of nuclear weapons so we should exercise this option first.

i m not in favour of war as i said at the top that any country going for war will be stupid but if the war starts pak will have to use an aggressive approach from the very beginning rather then a defensive approach.this is just my opinion n i m not an aviation expert nor i have any enmity against the indians but i have just given my opinion what should be done if war in forced upon us.

Yaro Whats The generation of j10,J11 and JF 17 Thunder Be Honest:shout:

Yaro Whats The generation of j10,J11 and JF 17 Thunder Be Honest:shout:

4th generation according to NATO standards which most countries follow........and 3rd according to Chinese sandbars which China follows.

jf-17 is a low 4th gen air craft.it can be called a high third gen aircraft according to its engine.far less powerful then 3rd gen f-16a.its agility , payload n range is lesser then f-16a but according to its avionics n missiles it is a 4th gen jet.jf 17 block 2 equipped with more powerful engine n aesa radar will be a true 4th gen jet from all aspects but the present version is good avionics wise but its major prb is the engine.just compare the performance of the jf17s n f-16 a in turkish air show.jf 17 looked to me as f 16 performing in slow motion.

what the hell its title is "PAKISTAN AIR FORCE - A SYMBOL OF PRIDE FOR THE NATION".
i think creator forgot to write "SU-30MKI - A SYMBOL OF FEAR TO PAKISTAN AIR FORCE".
Pakistan air force has a side role in this article, MKI is the hero here. it should be moved to Indian portion after changing the TITLE.

Your Are Right Bro This time hero is SU 30MKI But After Some Time the Real Hero will come Back Mr......................J10b:devil:
what the hell its title is "PAKISTAN AIR FORCE - A SYMBOL OF PRIDE FOR THE NATION".
i think creator forgot to write "SU-30MKI - A SYMBOL OF FEAR TO PAKISTAN AIR FORCE".
Pakistan air force has a side role in this article, MKI is the hero here. it should be moved to Indian portion after changing the TITLE.

jf-17 is a low 4th gen air craft.it can be called a high third gen aircraft according to its engine.far less powerful then 3rd gen f-16a.its agility , payload n range is lesser then f-16a but according to its avionics n missiles it is a 4th gen jet.jf 17 block 2 equipped with more powerful engine n aesa radar will be a true 4th gen jet from all aspects but the present version is good avionics wise but its major prb is the engine.just compare the performance of the jf17s n f-16 a in turkish air show.jf 17 looked to me as f 16 performing in slow motion.

Actually not at all. JF-17 is a true 4th generation combat aircraft. With the upcoming upgrades it will be counted as a true 4.5th gen aircraft. Mate your post was misleading. Some corrections to your post are as follows:

1) The F-16a is a true 4th gen aircraft not a 3rd gen aircraft by any means. Roughly speaking the aircraft introduced from 1960 to 1970 are called the third gen aircraft. The 3rd generation is marked by technological refinements with a push toward improved maneuverability, multi-role capabilities (carrying out both air to air and ground attack). Continued improvements in propulsion such as more reliable jet engines with increased thrust and the beginnings of large advances in avionics and weapons systems. 3rd gen aircraft include the F-4, F-5, Mig-21, Viggen, Mirage III, The Harrier Jump Jet etc. The aircraft introduced from 1970 to 1980 are counted as 4th gen aircraft. The 4th generation includes notably more sophisticated avionics and weaponry brought on by advances in computers and system integration. Increased agility and flexibility in mission roles and FBW is also a typical attribute of the 4th gen. Examples of the 4th generation are the F-14, F-15, F-16, F-18, AV8 Harrier, MiG-29, MiG-31, Sukhoi Su-27, Panavia Tornado and the Dassault Mirage 2000.

2) Firstly you cannot term an aircraft a 3rd gen or a 4th gen aircraft according to its TWR. Even still the TWR of the JF-17 has been told from 0.95 to >1.0 as per recent reports. Which in any case is more than that of the Boeing F/A-18E/F Super Hornet (4.5th gen), which stands at a TWR of 0.93.

3) As per the accounts of PAF pilots who have flown the JF-17 against the F-16a in DACT, the JF-17 came out on top in maneuverability i.e. agility. Search the web you'll find the testimonies easily.

4) Payload is not a criteria to judge the generation of any combat aircraft. Even still the JF-17 payload is decent.

5) The AESA was introduced in 4.5th gen aircraft not the 4th gen aircraft. And is accordingly a criteria for the 4.5th gen not the 4th.

6) The JF-17's performance in Turkey was accepted, through consensus, to be a careful one i.e. not fully demonstrative of the true potential of the aircraft.

Now with the upcoming upgrades in the avionics suite, radar, RCS reduction, FBW, EWR and more JF-17 will become a true 4.5th gen combat aircraft.

Back
Top Bottom