What's new

Pakistan agrees to hand over remains of Bengali pilot

Status
Not open for further replies.
Passing exam through cheating doesn't make some one a good student and breaking deal in national level (LFO) doesn't create trust between deal makers. Got my drift.
And if he wanted or not, the outcome was known to all. Did he refuse to become the head of the then newly found state? Since the answer was no then what PAK army wanted to thwart was right, right?

Could you please give me a bit more detail...i am no expert on the issue.

My basic point is that i have always been told that mujib rahman won the elections and should have PM of all of pakistan....am i wrong?

while dialogue leads to healing -- i feel this thread has become a bit counter-productive. Lets not rekindle old flames.

lets talk guns...lets talk economics, trade, anything else. This thread has become so depressing

Since partition it was obvious that the Bengalis wanted more autonomy....no secession just autonomy. The fact that Bengali population was already so high made Bhutto really worried. The whole autonomy aspect made him jittery which is why the results were ignored.

it doesnt help that the cyclone took place in 1970 and there was humanitarian disaster....enemy india was right there in between, so there was little will & feasability to help the cyclone victims....all these things added up and there was fuelling resentment.

indian RAW just added fuel to the fire........from indian point of view, it was in their interest --since bengali refugee were flooding into their country the whole while. Once the war started, East Pakistan was so poorly fortified the indians just walked right in.

From Pakistani point of view --- the policies of Yahya Khan and Bhutto were total failures. The resentment on both sides grew and it got to the point where the leaders were calling the Bengalis kaffirs for wanting seperate nation....

it was a bloody mess.......

so we should just damn well accept it. A new Muslim country was born. Alhamdolillah. I dont know what the attitude is on the streets of Bangladesh are. But Î'm confident that Pakistanis have no lost love for Bangladesh. They are still our brothers and we should treat them as such. We are both developing countries with few friends and many enemies. We are in no position to be nit-picking and wasting time shouting all the time.

Lets get to work!

Listen to all fans of this dead traitor in all due respect stop this rubish about hero's here! that dude was no HERO from anywhere! he was a traitor a back stabber and nothing this happend too many years ago and the damn chapter in the book will close soon when his remains go back to where is from end of the story there is nothing more to say so plzz no more rubish here going back and forth i dont understand why people just dont admit to the truth its a no brainer as we say here in the US meaning a very simple thing to figure out in the head ! furthermore, yes i think he should go back to his home land thats it but he is no damn hero from anywhere i rest my case !

Listen to all fans of this dead traitor in all due respect stop this rubish about hero's here! that dude was no HERO from anywhere! he was a traitor a back stabber and nothing this happend too many years ago and the damn chapter in the book will close soon when his remains go back to where is from end of the story there is nothing more to say so plzz no more rubish here going back and forth i dont understand why people just dont admit to the truth its a no brainer as we say here in the US meaning a very simple thing to figure out in the head ! furthermore, yes i think he should go back to his home land thats it but he is no damn hero from anywhere i rest my case !

Well TopGUN we shouldn't be bothered. Obviously to them PA was a monster that raped their women, killed their men and what not, so obviously for them anyone who could produce harm to Pakistan and its institutions is a hero. All these years i was always of this opinion that our army did not perform well and lost the battle however now it is evident that when your own house is not in order and people that were supposedly Pakistani back stabbed their own country, if it would have been any other army, they would have suffered the same faith.
As for the guy well he deserved what he got, now BD wants to portray as their hero, let them do it, shouldn't concern us.

With you on that Icecold thought i just shine some light lol !

I would ask you to get your language right.He is among the seven "Bir Shreshtos" of our liberation war,who gave their lives for the country.
You people are talking as if we realised this man was buried in Pakistan just few years ago and we want to honor him now.You are wrong.

"Bir Shrestro" can be compared with "Sitaar e Jannat",which is the Highest gallantry award I think in Pakistan.
Motiur Rahman was awarded this Highest gallantry award long ago.

No one is saying he is hero from YOUR point of view,but HE is HERO from OUR point of view.So try to live with it.

As for the guy well he deserved what he got, now BD wants to portray as their hero, let them do it, shouldn't concern us.

I gave the reply on the above post.

For your information,here are more.

The Bir Sreshtho (Bengali: বীরশ্রেষ্ঠ) (The Most Valiant Hero) is the highest military award of Bangladesh. It was awarded to seven freedom fighters who showed utmost bravery and made the ultimate sacrifice for their nation. They are considered martyrs.

Bir Sreshtho - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Now the fact I do not understand is why are we pondering over a two year old topic.The remains of Flight Lieutenant Matiur Rahman were returned on June 24, 2006 from Pakistan to Bangladesh. He was buried at the Martyred Intellectuals Graveyard, in Mirpur, Dhaka, with full military honours.

So the topic's objective completed.

I would ask you to get your language right.He is among the seven "Bir Shreshtos" of our liberation war,who gave their lives for the country.
You people are talking as if we realised this man was buried in Pakistan just few years ago and we want to honor him now.You are wrong.

"Bir Shrestro" can be compared with "Sitaar e Jannat",which is the Highest gallantry award I think in Pakistan.
Motiur Rahman was awarded this Highest gallantry award long ago.

No one is saying he is hero from YOUR point of view,but HE is HERO from OUR point of view.So try to live with it.

Live with this he was a traitor and thats that learn it save it in your head and get with the prog u dont know wat you are talking about it he is nothing Pakistan and thats that wat are u on? are u ok ? make some sense highest award haha u are somthing yea highest award for the biggest traitor and backstabber yes forsure u wana award u can have him stop the rubish he earns nothing from our side now live with that stop this madness here if you got so much pride about watever u got np keep it to your slef just rem you are a guest here come with some repsect thx.:hitwall: :disagree: :tdown:

Live with this he was a traitor and thats that learn it save it in your head and get with the prog u dont know wat you are talking about it he is nothing Pakistan and thats that wat are u on? are u ok ? make some sense highest award haha u are somthing yea highest award for the biggest traitor and backstabber yes forsure u wana award u can have him stop the rubish he earns nothing from our side now live with that stop this madness here if you got so much pride about watever u got np keep it to your slef just rem you are a guest here come with some repsect thx.:hitwall: :disagree: :tdown:

No point arguing with you.

By saying he is Hero to us I have not broken any of the forum rules.So do not try to act as a moderator.I am a member here just as you are.Who is guest and who is not lets leave that on Moderators to decide.

Thanx.

No point arguing with you.

By saying he is Hero to us I have not broken any of the forum rules.So do not try to act as a moderator.I am a member here just as you are.Who is guest and who is not lets leave that on Moderators to decide.

Thanx.

LOl iam not trying to act like nothing my friend or argue with u i dont have the time for that ! stay in your place wat ever i stated was in a decent manner which u took to far along with your feelings! you are guest more then me and i have nothing against you ! watever i stated was the truth thats it nor have i broken any rules here i been here for a while and know of them very well a story that was bad cant be turned in to a good one if u would read my post on him i said he should be sent back. To PAF and Pakistan he is a traitor he did nothing good or anything to recive a award or medal if you and your country man think he should be honored with medals and etc np keep it your self how can you expect a decent a favorable answer on this guy and story on here i hope things are more clear now there is nothing to decide my friend cheers :cheers: :wave:

Well he is back home where he supposed be and given the honor what he deserved which was long due.

Thanks...

Well he is back home where he supposed be and given the honor what he deserved which was long due.

Thanks...

The honour yes you give him forever that is for that cuz he is not gona get it in PAK forsure no need for it in PAK wat you do in your house your business! thankyou very much :smokin:

I gave the reply on the above post.

For your information,here are more.

The Bir Sreshtho (Bengali: বীরশ্রেষ্ঠ) (The Most Valiant Hero) is the highest military award of Bangladesh. It was awarded to seven freedom fighters who showed utmost bravery and made the ultimate sacrifice for their nation. They are considered martyrs.

Bir Sreshtho - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Now the fact I do not understand is why are we pondering over a two year old topic.The remains of Flight Lieutenant Matiur Rahman were returned on June 24, 2006 from Pakistan to Bangladesh. He was buried at the Martyred Intellectuals Graveyard, in Mirpur, Dhaka, with full military honours.

So the topic's objective completed.

When you mud sling on Pak army or your fellow countrymen do, be prepared to receive some back as well. Moreover wikipedia is hardly a source, we take seriously. Matiur Rahman was a traitor and he deserved what he got, there is no second opinion about that in the minds of any Pakistani. He maybe a hero for you, i have already stated we don't care and we shouldn't be bothered, that is what i was telling TopGun as well. However do not try to impose your will on us, we are entitled to our opinion. People like him are the main reason why we lost a part of Pakistan so next time keep the heroism to yourself.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom