Pak warns players to stay away from match-fixing

Status
Not open for further replies.

Veeru

BANNED
Reaction score
Pak warns players to stay away from match-fixing

werwrwx.jpg

Lahore: With just a couple of days to go before the high-intensity World Cup semi-final clash between India and Pakistan, Pakistan Interior Minister Rehman Malik has stepped up pressure on the country’s players by advising them to stay away from match-fixing.

Talking to reporters on Monday, Malik said that he hopes that the Pakistan team will stay away from fixing and will give their best shot at winning the much-anticipated clash against arch-rivals India.

Malik also said that he is keeping a "close watch" on the activities of the players of Pakistani cricket team to ensure that they do not interact with any suspicious person.

"I gave a warning that there should be no match-fixing. I am keeping a close watch. If any such thing happens, we are going to take action," Malik said.

The Pakistan cricket team is currently in Mohali where they will take on India in the semi-final of the 2011 World Cup on Wednesday.

Malik said that though he was "sure the team has very clean members", intelligence is being gathered on the Pakistani cricketers, including "who are meeting them and the position of their telephones".

"This is necessary because we can`t take a chance after what happened in London," he said, in a reference to a recent match-fixing controversy in Britain involving three Pakistani players.

Pakistan players have always been under the scanner for their links with bookies. Three Pakistan cricketers including former captain Salman Butt, Mohammad Asif and Mohammad Amir were recently accused by British prosecutors of spot-fixing or rigging incidents, such as the bowling of no-balls at pre-agreed times, during the fourth Test at Lord`s last August.

Malik also had some advice for the Pakistani players.

"Do your practise, sleep early at night and wake at the proper time. They should dedicate themselves to Pakistan for the match," he said.

There is a lot of excitement about the India-Pakistan clash in the World Cup semi-final, he said.

"There is a lot of love for the cricketers and we hope they will win the game for us. We expect they will not disappoint the people," he said.

Malik also welcomed his Indian counterpart P Chidambaram`s remarks about adequate security being provided to the Pakistani team while in India in light of possible threats to the players.

He noted that Chidambaram had said special arrangements would be made for the game in Mohali, including the deploying of some 1,000 commandoes.

"I am sure of his (Chidambaram’s) capability. He is a man of wisdom and authority and has the capability to handle things well," Malik said.

Pakistan warns players to stay away from match-fixing

Here is video Interior Minister Rehman Malik is warning the Pakistan cricket team not to indulge in match fixing in their crucial World Cup semi-final against India.

Just listen to Rehman Malik's warning in Urdu.

Last edited by a moderator:
BHaii zeenews kii news naii challey gii...Please post a credible source :)

Shameless bs from the media outlet and OP and the @$$ who stated the above. I think Malik should concentrate more on his fro and also catching the contractors and killers who are roaming freely in Pakistan.

lolzzzz yeah.......you cannot indulge in match fixing when ur PM is watching you.

what source?? guy said it in a live interview.. it's everywhere..

coming back to the subject.. i think this guy is out of order!! he should leave it to the cricket authorities to handle. Giving such statements publically will add more pressure on to cricketers!!

what source?? guy said it in a live interview.. it's everywhere..

coming back to the subject.. i think this guy is out of order!! he should leave it to the cricket authorities to handle. Giving such statements publically will add more pressure on to cricketers!!

He would still have been ok if he was out of order. He is out of the helm of sanity, common sense, and every thing else that defines normality. In fact he is at a point that he cant even be called a dog, or a rat; as they will feel hurt for comparing them to this pathetic creature.

One should tell him that he should stop fixing and selling Pakistan and Pakistanis, as the whole country is watching him.

if its true then rehman malik should better concentrate on his corruption then picking on our team... its such a humiliating comment, who the hell is he????? his master zardari spared no actions to destroy the PCB by his favours like ijaz butt, and now when the team is performing due sincere efforts from afridi and younus, they are complaining

why does he speak the same hell against ijaz butt, who is there on the top presidential favours and doesnt deserve the position any time of the day.....

its an irony, corrupts speak aainst match fixing and corruption

Oh this is from the same guy who said Terry jones is AQ and Taliban's agent. I don't get it why you guys take him seriously .:rofl:

@raheel and aslan why bashing the op and source?? just look around your own media is saying so .....huh!

What source guys, Rehman Mallik said that in an interview. See for yourselves guys.

[video]http://www.timesnow.tv/videoshow/4368920.cms[/video]

Thanks for video Gourav..:tup:

Yaar its ur news about ur people ur minister u should know it better.

Still here are pakistani canadian and American sources:

The Dawn, Pakistan

Pakistan warns team against World Cup fixing | Sport | DAWN.COM

Google News

The Canadian Press: Interior minister warns Pakistan's World Cup squad over match-fixing ahead of WCup semifinal

Wall Street Journal

Pakistan Minister Warns Team Not to Cheat - India Real Time - WSJ

u can Google further for more there are plenty of them.

I don't understand why everyone's hormones are reaching boiling point. It is part of an effort to keep the cricketers clean. We should appreciate Mr. Malik's statements. The problem of match fixing is not so small that cricket authorities alone can fix. Who knows if those authorities themselves too are in collusion with the bookies. Such match fixing will ruin a multi-billion dollar industry, I do not think his statement was so uncalled for.

Edit -

Imran Khan: "More than on cricket, I would keep an eye on Mr. Rehman Malik, because may be you do not know, he was absconding from justice until recently."

^^ More than on Malik's statement on cricket, Imran is focused on his past records. Scoring political points timely, and making it look like a huge embarrassment for the nation. Whose loss and whose gain?

I don't understand why everyone's hormones are reaching boiling point. It is part of an effort to keep the cricketers clean. We should appreciate Mr. Malik's statements. The problem of match fixing is not so small that cricket authorities alone can fix. Who knows if those authorities themselves too are in collusion with the bookies. Such match fixing will ruin a multi-billion dollar industry, I do not think his statement was so uncalled for.

yaar your ouw tax minister is saying that the upcoming match is gonna be fixed, , the bookies are roaming in your cricket team's dressing room, so why doesnt icc and your govt manages to issue such statements, we all know rehman malik is the most corrupt person out there and such statements coming from him is a shame and also he is putting undue pressure on pak's own national team...

imran said nicely, we should rehman malik more closely than pcb..

why rehman malik didnt removed ijaz butt, who is the real corrupt guy behind all this, this is just stupidity, remarking in such a stupid manner on the event with unwanted pressure and controversy at the time when our team is achieving success to success

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom