Introvert

Reaction score
coming-soon.jpg

---

'Shoaib has a point to prove' - Ashraf
Cricinfo staff
October 26, 2007

befb320263a1fde4a3465f28f6f45f02.jpg

Shoaib Akhtar's 13-match ban ends today when Pakistan play South Africa in the fourth ODI in Multan © AFP

Nasim Ashraf, the chairman of the Pakistan Cricket Board, has asked Shoaib Akhtar to fulfil his role as a senior player and prove his critics wrong with a forceful performance during the tour of India, which begins in the first week of November.

National selector Saleem Jaffer, who followed Shoaib's progress in a domestic match, cleared him for selection and the fast bowler was likely to be included in the squad for the five-ODI and three-Test series in India.

"The tour of India is certainly the most important assignment for our team and is perhaps even more important than the World Cup," Ashraf told the News. "I expect that all the players, including Shoaib Akhtar, would be at their best behaviour and give 100%.

"I hope that Shoaib will be a changed man on the tour of India," Ashraf said. "It is his last chance and we all hope that this time he would not waste it. He also has a point to prove and should give his best to silence his critics who believe he is a spent force."

The fourth ODI between Pakistan and South Africa in Multan marks the end of Shoaib's 13-match ban for a number of breaches of discipline, including a dressing-room spat with Mohammad Asif before the World Twenty20 in South Africa. He will be available for selection for the final ODI in Lahore on October 29.

Cricinfo - 'Shoaib has a point to prove' - Ashraf

Younus Khan named vice-captain for Indian tour

http://img219.imageshack.us/img219/308/91542893iy6.png
LAHORE: The Pakistan Cricket Board (PBC) has appointed top-order batsman Younus Khan vice-captain of the recently announced Pakistan team for the tour of India.

Younus Khan will be the third player to assume the charge as the deputy of captain Shoaib Malik.

Earlier, the PCB appointed fast bowler Muhammad Asif the vice-captain for the series in Abu Dhabi and after that made opening batsman Salman Butt the vice-captain for the home series against South Africa but due to lack of form he was not only dropped from the team but also stripped of the vice-captaincy.

Younus Khan, who twice refused to become captain of the national team, has now been appointed vice captain for the series of five One-day-Internationals and three Test matches in India.

The national team will leave tomorrow for India.

I'm so not interested in this series so far due to the way the team has been performing.

I'm so not interested in this series so far due to the way the team has been performing.
Come on Asim, it is INDIA vs PAKISTAN. i dont care about any series but this on,

GO PAKISTAN. get your revenge.

Regards
Wilco

hope they will do better this time...but i am against for allowing the shoaib Akhter in. and one more thing Indian crowd is full of anger due to Australia, India series. hope Pakistan will enjoy secure game and there will be no incident like that of calcatta.

hope they will do better this time...but i am against for allowing the shoaib Akhter in. and one more thing Indian crowd is full of anger due to Australia, India series. hope Pakistan will enjoy secure game and there will be no incident like that of calcatta.

i hope so too. indian crowds can get very rough on the opposition.

Pak beat Delhi today with relative ease.

Misbah would be a concern. He seems out of sorts while playing the the 50 over version of the game as compared to his T20 performance.

i heard that asif is not available.

but i still think that it is the pakistan bowling attack which is going to make the difference.

cmon guys time to predict...lets see who among us has got the uncanny nack of sensing the future:whistle:

India should win both one day and test series comfortably.

The most boring India-Pakistan ODI ever, get sreesanth back lets have some fun.

Apni dish is gone so couldn't watch it! Anyways congrats to India and luck to our boys for the next game!

Back
Top Bottom