What's new

Pak-Saudi 3 weeks long joint exercise (Al-Samsaam-IV-2011)

Imran Khan

PDF VETERAN
Reaction score
Country
Pakistan
Press Release
No PR216/2011-ISPR Dated: September 23, 2011
Rawalpindi - September 23, 2011:

A three weeks long joint Exercise (AL-SAMSAAM-IV-2011) between Pakistan Army and Royal Saudi Land Forces, will be conducted by end of this month near Jhelum. The joint Exercise aims at familiarization and sharing of knowledge through a comprehensive training programme in real time. This will also include combined training at unit and brigade level to practice drills and procedures in low intensity conflict operations. The Exercise will enhance the combat efficiency, of participating troops against terrorism operations.

Pakistan Army and Saudi Land Forces Joint Exercises "AL-SAMSAAM" series are being conducted on biennial basis since 2004. First two exercises of the series AL-SAMSAAM-I & II were conducted in Pakistan in 2004 and 2006, respectively.
AL-SAMSAAM-III whereas, was conducted in Kingdom of Saudi Arabia in 2009.

It may be recalled that Pakistan and Kingdom of Saudi Arabia enjoy close brotherly relations since their inception. This relationship has matured and strengthened further over the years and has long history of deep rooted cooperation. Joint Military Exercises between armies of two brotherly countries aim to enhance existing bilateral relations and to benefit from each other’s experience in Counter Terrorism Operations.

Assalam alaikum

gr8 , we need more of these exercises including other brotherly and friendly countries

TARIQ

nic, hope it will be taking place in saudi arabia so our army also learn a few things from fighting in dessert

folks these are yearly Exercises happen one year in saudi and another year in pakistan last year AL-SAMSAAM was in saudi .

Our land forced NEED these exercises as much and as frequent as possible. Our land forces are our weakest link.

Why are Pakistan having friendly joint exercises, when they are needed on the Pakistan - Afghan border urgently?

Poor planning Sir Ji

Good going...should involve aviation from both sides with pak cobra n KSA APACHE heloz to get experience.

Pakistan should try to have more military exercise with friendly countries like Malaysian army and Indonesian Army as they have rain forest area.So it will enhance jungle war capabilities where heavy mechanized forces can move and use .

Why are Pakistan having friendly joint exercises, when they are needed on the Pakistan - Afghan border urgently?

Poor planning Sir Ji

Let me a bit straight forward :D

My reaction after reading your comment :

"Teray baap ka kya ja raha hai? Hum jo merzi karain,Bharti":lol:

On topic :

Any pics guys....I know I'm being "be-sabra" here

Hi,

Well that is for the preparation of desert warfare---the afg front has a 150 k troops and they are set for mountain warfare-----.

This time the exercise is near Jhelum so in a hilly area. Very similar to part of Saudi Arabia close to Yemen, where Saudis have had some problems recently. Also Pakistan has set up a mountain warfare school in Saudi Arabia.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom