What's new

Pak now seeks $1-bn from expats as Forex Reserves drop to 3-year low

I won't say that we don't have the problem of poverty in India... BUT...

I personally knows 3 people who have car, home of approx (30/35 lakh INR), smartphones with every male of family... daily single personal income Rs. 600+...
And they are BPL(Below Poverty Line) card holder... one is a mason, one is a carpenter and one is a car mechanic...

So I feel that the number quoted by you is inflated one...

And you fell for it!

I won't say that we don't have the problem of poverty in India... BUT...

I personally knows 3 people who have car, home of approx (30/35 lakh INR), smartphones with every male of family... daily single personal income Rs. 600+...
And they are BPL(Below Poverty Line) card holder... one is a mason, one is a carpenter and one is a car mechanic...

So I feel that the number quoted by you is inflated one...

RE: not really india in real terms is very poor. the very fact toliet seat is national issue says it all..

besides people who have been to both Pakistan & india think Pakistan looks more developed and cleaner than india

RE: not really india in real terms is very poor. the very fact toliet seat is national issue says it all..

besides people who have been to both Pakistan & india think Pakistan looks more developed and cleaner than india

Pakiatanis bring the stats from 2011 census to say that Indians are poorer, while conveniently forgetting the fact that pak had a higher GDP percapita than India untill 2009. India's GDP per capita already crossed 2000$ and is some 400-500$ more than pak. Next time when stats come out based on 2021 population you will see a significant drop in India's poverty.

At least it is a national issue here and getting necessary attention...while a quarter of Pakistan has no where to shit but open sky and no one is doing anything.

Its a good initiative. Instead of handing over control to critical assets to foreign countries due to finances, encouraging countrymen or ethnic Pakistani to invest in their own nation is a more welcome step. I will go one step ahead and offer them tax-free bonds.

And why would expat pakistanis who somehow managed to escape that hell hole want to invest their hard earned money Back into the system they spent a life time escaping ? :cheesy:

Its so much safer for them to invest in china.
Returns. Pakistani govt pays higher interest. Plus, if they invest in property they can have local family members to take care of it and rent it out. It is similar to NRIs investing in India. These days places where you can put your money and expect guaranteed returns are few.

Pakiatanis bring the stats from 2011 census to say that Indians are poorer, while conveniently forgetting the fact that pak had a higher GDP percapita than India untill 2009. India's GDP per capita already crossed 2000$ and is some 400-500$ more than pak. Next time when stats come out based on 2021 population you will see a significant drop in India's poverty.

RE: you clearly dont get out and about do you?

At least it is a national issue here and getting necessary attention...while a quarter of Pakistan has no where to shit but open sky and no one is doing anything.

RE: so accept india is a open shitt hole?.. thanks for the confirmation

There are plenty of of other investment options which offer similar returns with lower associated RISKS.

You would have to be a total idiot to invest money on a country run by the army. There are plenty of options for a smart investor.

Alright tell me which options have a return north of 7% guaranteed?

BTW, a number of these folks have families and relatives in Pakistan. They know the country, its bureaucracy and army too. It may be risky for a foreigner but not for natives who know where and how much to invest.

That way, I have about CAD 400K invested in Indian farm-lands. I have agreements with my relatives over sharing of the produce and proceeds from the sales. Now, someone can argue that its very common for land being grabbed in India or Indian government to over-take farmer's land or RSS goons to capture minorities money. Nothing of that sort ever happened to me and I pay no heed to the warning of those who have not even lived in the damn place. I know the people and the country well enough to know where my money will be safe.

Have you lived in Pakistan ever? For any length of time? Do you have local relatives there? If not, you simply don't know the place well enough to give an informed opinion about investment or its safety.

LOL....if 7% is all they want then they can very well invest in India which is a LOT Safer as per ALL international credit agencies and will give them a guaranteed return of 7.75% :lol:

pakistani RISK rating is B3 i.e VERY RISKY (Highly speculative). This is the same rating as Lebanon, Mongolia, or Papua New Guinea.

Here you can educate yourself,
Currently issued Indian bonds have a coupon rate under seven percent.

https://www.bseindia.com/markets/debt/securitylist_cg.aspx?Type=C&crpage=5

Pakistan is issuing bonds with rates around 7.2 to 7.5%.

Its BECAUSE they know the country so well, they escaped into the west and never desire to go back. :lol:
What makes you think they are never coming back? They act very much similar to NRIs. Having their portfolios split among both the countries.

"RSS goon to capture 'minority money' " ? :cheesy: ......... ok now I have a good idea what you are.

Khalistani sikh or Muslim ? Which one is it ? lol. I am going to guess khalistani sikh. Even Indian muslims are not this stupid.

Do you know the meaning of 'Rhetorics'?
I think you don't.
Tell me, what proof you have that RSS backed government will not commandeer minority's property and money?

The same proof is applicable on Pakistani Army taking over private properties in Pakistan.

BTW, RSS argument was a real argument told to me by a financial advisor from India itself. Needless to say, I knew better.

I do not need to live in a place to invest in bonds :cheesy: ..... that is why you have credit agencies. :lol: What kind of a moron comes up with such "logic" ?
For investment in property you need to know the place in a very local sense.

Who can invest?
Any one who is a resident Indian in their individual capacity or jointly can invest in the scheme. They can also invest on a one or survivor basis and even on behalf of a minor as a parent or guardian. Hindu Undivided Families (HUFs) can also apply. However, non-resident Indians cannot invest in the scheme.

2. Serious investors use the ratings given by Rating agencies to manage their risk. Only a fool goes by his "personal feelings".
You don't know the principle of risk to returns?

3. I do not have to prove jack $hit. Its for khalistani's like you to prove RSS has captured land. Failing which you will apologise, but for that you need to have some dignity and honour and I am pretty sure you have neither.
Cut the name calling crap. @waz Name calling crap needs the proper action.

4. Only Indians or NRI's can buy land in India. Foreigners cannot do that. Even then NRI's cannot buy farm land in India.
Yes, a NRI or PIO can buy farm-land if he comes from a family of farmers. Thank you but read your own law before opening your mouth.

Are you here so that you can pretend to be a economics professor ? haven't you made enough of a fool of yourself ?
If any one has made a fool of himself, its you. Did you even read the article you linked to?

Khalistan is not name calling. Its a very real demand of the sikhs from canada. The same kind that goes around talking about the evil Hindooos and their RSS that gives them the excuse to plant bombs in Air India and fund terrorism in punjab.
Not all Sikhs. Stop stereotyping or generalizing people whom you idiots know nothing about. And learn rhetorics if you want to argue on a public english language forum.

Now you are gong to teach me law too ? :lol:
You made a bogus claim without even knowing what you are talking about.

Country Latest Posts

Back
Top Bottom