What's new

Pak Navy Induct - PNS HAIBAT indigenous FAC Ship

Indians tension on HAIBAT induction ..

Will Pakistan’s indigenous ‘PNS Haibat’ prove to be a gamechanger for its defence industry​

Security columnist and analyst Rear Admiral Vineet Bakhshi (Retd) highlighted the Pakistani industry’s collaborative effort with Beijing.

Haibat is damn good boat at least 10 would justify our needs indian navy getting bigger so do our navy

PNS Haibat design has been changed, it is bigger and better than Azmat class
- Tonnage has been increased from 560 to 673 Tons
- Anti-submarine Rockets have been added
- MR-36 B Radar has been added (azmat didn't had that)
- 6x30mm Rapid-fire weapon has been added (instead of 1x23mm)
- New ESM and Chaff launcher will enhance survivability

PNS Haibat design has been changed, it is bigger and better than Azmat class
- Tonnage has been increased from 560 to 673 Tons
- Anti-submarine Rockets have been added
- MR-36 B Radar has been added (azmat didn't had that)
- 6x30mm Rapid-fire weapon has been added (instead of 1x23mm)
- New ESM and Chaff launcher will enhance survivability
These are good enhancements but base design remain the same that is why it is still azmat class.

These are good enhancements but base design remain the same that is why it is still azmat class.
My 2 paisas worth. PN will/do the same as PAC did, ie take original designs and modify them slowly to achieve what it wants to achieve. We have huge gaps in our naval acquisitions and we cannot afford to spend money on R&D when we can pift mature dezigns from China and Turkey. We will continue to modify designs and once we mature the idea we will build it in numbers.
A

My next wishlist is design of a boat in 850 to 870 tonnes class, enlargement of length of ship, more endurance, more anti missile defence so that these ships can accompany our frigate and add SSM punch in fleet for attack mission as well.

Azmat class is designed to operate in shallow water as we share a coastal border with India. And its size is perfect for such environment. However such small size need comprises on weapons capacity. But same can be covered by other assets some ground based some in air and some under water. PN has plans for all three.

Frankly, again this is NOT a true FAC. It is more of a light corvette. It is simply mot fast enough to be considered an FAC. In my mind an FAC is doing 45-50 knots at full tilt. The Azmats do 30... Around thensame as F-22P and Type 054A. Still a very good vessel for PN.

What i would like to see is now that the Azmats have started getting equipped the STOP 25mm cannon, is to get the MRTPs up and equipped with the same or the 30mm SMASH as planned. Get more of these along with equipping them with the C-802A or getting Atmaca for for them get 10 total to add to the fleet and replace larkana gunboats. These are real FAC.

Last edited:

Back
Top Bottom