What's new

Featured Pak mango to enter in Chinese market from June 10

ISLAMABAD: The Ministry of Foreign Affairs has rejected reports that the government has presented Pakistani mangoes to foreign dignitaries as gifts and said such reports are “factually incorrect and misleading”.

“We have seen media reports regarding the dispatch of Pakistani mangoes last week as gifts to some foreign dignitaries. We reject these reports as factually incorrect and misleading,” Foreign Office spokesperson Zahid Hafeez Chaudhry said on Sunday in a statement.

“A section of the Indian media has carried wrong and irresponsible reports,” he added.

According to Chaudhry, the president of Pakistan sends high-quality mangoes as gifts to selected countries every year as part of goodwill and to promote our trade diplomacy efforts.

“The mango exports increased to $104 million in 2019-20 from $78 million the previous year.”

He said the Ministry of Foreign Affairs prepares a list of countries keeping in mind the quarantine regulations, sanitary requirements as well as availability of flights.

“Since last year, Covid-19 related stipulations are also part of the consideration. For the current year, the process is still in the planning stage. As such, there is no question of dispatch of mangoes to any country,” he added.
😂 I like my Thai mangos but I would take a Pakistani mango over one of these flower bouquets any day.

Meanwhile in upside down world: Grapes sour over sweet mangos.

China is the second largest producer of Mangoes in the world ,After India off course.

Pakistan ranks a distant 4rth.

Wondering...... how is it going to work ?

China doesn't allow other countries to hog it's domestic market specially if it hurts it's farmers.

Besides perishable goods like these are a pain for exports, their cost of transportation is more than the cost of production.

Last year, session 2020
Mango export to Saudi Arabia

KARACHI:
Defying all the odds posed by the coronavirus pandemic, Pakistan’s traders have exported over 7,000 tons of mangoes to Saudi Arabia in the current year, which is nearly twice the volume exported last year.

In a statement, Pakistan Consul General in Jeddah Khalid Majid recalled that the country had exported only 3,700 tons of mangoes last year ( 2019 ).

“Pakistan is the second largest mango exporter to Saudi Arabia,” he said at a mango tasting ceremony hosted by him at his residence in Jeddah.

Pakistan produces, on average, 1.75 million tons of mangoes annually, which makes it the sixth largest producer of the fruit in the world, according to Majid.

Pakistan surpassed the overall mango export target by a substantial margin during the current season and shipped 125,000 tons of mangoes to overseas markets despite facing stiff challenges in the wake of Covid-19 pandemic.

Keeping in view the pandemic and its subsequent impact on trade, the government set the mango export target at 85,000 tons for the current season.

“All nationalities in the Gulf Arab region like the sweetness and aroma of Pakistani mangoes,” said Majid.

Mango season here in Caribbean also we have wide range of variety , East Indian mango and Bombay mango could in fact be Pakistani mango or Indian as at time of naming these there wasn’t a Pakistan as the slaves from subcontinent did plant mangoes here.

Julie Mango
  • East Indian Mango
  • Hairy Mango
  • Bombay Mango (Bambay in Jamaican patois)
  • Blackey Mango
  • Green & Red Mango
  • Number 11 Mango
  • Stringy Mango
  • Graham Mango
  • Bellyfull Mango
  • Robin Mango (Rabin)
  • Keith Mango
  • Sweety Mango
  • Bluie Mango
  • Fine Skin Mango
  • Number 7 Mango
  • Beefy Mango
  • Sweetie Come Brush Mi Mango
  • Green Gauge Mango
  • Kidney Mango
  • Hamilton Mango
  • Longy or Long Mango
  • Cowfoot Mango
  • Bastard Mango
  • Green Skin Mango
  • Emperor Mango
  • Turpentine Mango
  • Butter Mango

Does anyone know what is going on with Pakistani mangos in UK market? Managed to get a pack for 6.99£ for just 4 mangoes! Certainly there is a lack of supply, atleast what it looks like. Are we shipping all the mangoes to China?

China is the second largest producer of Mangoes in the world ,After India off course.

Pakistan ranks a distant 4rth.

Wondering...... how is it going to work ?

China doesn't allow other countries to hog it's domestic market specially if it hurts it's farmers.

Besides perishable goods like these are a pain for exports, their cost of transportation is more than the cost of production.

There is nothing like Pakistani mango out there. Its not a ordinary mango.
Does anyone know what is going on with Pakistani mangos in UK market? Managed to get a pack for 6.99£ for just 4 mangoes! Certainly there is a lack of supply, atleast what it looks like. Are we shipping all the mangoes to China?

Shipping cost is huge part of that. Also exports mangoes goes through different facilities to get approval.

Pakistani mangoes are in high demand in the US. Problem is ridiculously high price compare to mangoes from Mexico.

Pak Govt and importers need to fix the issues, that are causing prices to go so high.

Pakistani mangoes are in high demand in the US. Problem is ridiculously high price compare to mangoes from Mexico.

Pak Govt and importers need to fix the issues, that are causing prices to go so high.

Yes, high demand, this year it is 35 compared to last year of $ 45.
Within two days all gone. people still pay for their taste. I got a taste given by my relative, I have to go and visit them to get the taste. :D

Yes, high demand, this year it is 35 compared to last year of $ 45.
Within two days all gone. people still pay for their taste. I got a taste given by my relative, I have to go and visit them to get the taste. :D
I know air shipments and lack of required inspections infrastructure is one reason for high prices. Ship via sea containers and install proper Food inspection and processing system can reduce the cost significantly.

Three weeks ago one of my close relative tried to get sindhri to USA through personal baggage, he got full suitcase of mangos from UAE, but JFK people were smart enough to put all in the garbage, but in end we were unfortunate to get hand on them..... :D :D

Pakistan's mango exports to China increase but potential to grow remains: report
  • Quantity of shipments to China represents small share in overall number
APP
13 Nov 2021

Pakistan exported 37.4 tonnes of mangoes to China from January to September 2021, an increase of more than 10 times when compared with the meagre 3.6 tonnes exported in the same period in 2020, stated a report compiled by China Economic Net (CEN).

However, the quantity exported by Pakistan represents a mere 0.36% of China’s total imports of 10,500 tonnes of mangoes from January to September, pointing at the available potential.

In 2021, 'Sindhri' mangoes cost 168 yuan (Rs4,500) in China for 4.5-kg, 98 yuan (Rs2,625) for 2.5-kg, or about 40 yuan (Rs1,071 rupees)/kg. This is in stark contrast to Australian mangoes that are priced at Rs 2145/kg, added the report.

In this regard, the person in charge of Joy Wing Mau Fruit Technologies Corporation Limited said price is not an issue as quality is the key.

China’s imported mangoes from Australia and Peru can be sold for 300-400 yuan in 5kg packs, which are far more expensive than Pakistani mangoes, but sales are still very good.

“Because of the high degree of industrialisation of Australian mangoes, they are just ripe when being shipped to China with good quality. However, when Pakistani mangoes are shipped to China, the maturity of the fruit is different, and the appearance and packaging of fruit are also restraining factors. Ensuring the maturity and appearance of each box is the key to boosting sales.

"At the same time, the packaging is also a key factor in mango sales."

Talking about the possibility of expansion in sales, the report said, in 2021, most Pakistani mangoes in China have been bought by individual consumers through WeChat presale and payment.

To expand the market scale of Pakistani mangoes in China, the person in charge said imported mangoes need to be sold as soon as possible.

Back
Top Bottom