Status
Not open for further replies.

RealityRa

BANNED

New Recruit

Reaction score
Country
India
JAIPUR: Octogenarian Kube Singh of Pakistan regrets his decision to stay back in Pakistan newly formed in 1947 after his Muslim neighbours' assured him of a prosperous and hassle-free life in the new Islamic state. Singh, who is a father of seven sons, had never thought even in his wildest dreams of leaving his ancestors' land at the age of 86 to spend his last days in India.

Singh along with 40 other Pakistani Hindus, including 17 members of his family, landed in India on a religious visa to tour Delhi and Haridwar two months ago. They family came to Gangangar which has a sizeable number of families belonging to their clan 'Auth'. Now, they are unwilling to return even though his visa expires on July 12.

Police and intelligence officials have asked the 'Pakistani guests' in Ganganagar to leave before their visa expires, but the 'guests' responded by shooting off a letter to the state government expressing their unwillingness to return.

"Shoot me or kill me. I will not leave from here. Nobody is safe in Pakistan, not even the Muslims. The day begins with a suicide blast and ends with a massacre of innocents," Singh told TOI over the phone from Ganganagar.

Singh speaking fluent Sindhi said in the letter to the government they have sought citizenship saying, "India is our grandmother and we are natural citizens of this country".

The string of violence against the minorities especially Hindus and Christians in Pakistan has forced the Singh and many others to flee from the land which his ancestors owned since the last 8 centuries. Some of these Pak nationals are now landless labourers. Most of them hailed from Umerkot in the Tharparkar region which has 60% of the Pakistani Hindu population and were frequently persecuted by the landlords and subjected to forced conversions.

Living in a Dharam Shala in Ganganagar, these Pakistanis claimed that they have been subjected to ruthless behavior by the police and intelligence of Pakistan and checked their credentials several times over during a given period. Notably, they population of Hindus in Pakistan at the time of Partition was 15% which has now been reduced to 1% in 2011, according to a report.

Sindhi Hindus are worst off then anyone else in Pakistan. They are forced to live in stone ages literally. Anyone who has ever been to rural Sindh would know exactly what I'm talking about.

Sindhi Hindus are worst off then anyone else in Pakistan. They are forced to live in stone ages literally. Anyone who has ever been to rural Sindh would know exactly what I'm talking about.

The few Pakistani Hindus I've met have been Sindhi and quite rich...but of course anyone you meet in college and from KHI is mostly quite well off I would say..

Rural Sindh is probably a whole different story..

The few Pakistani Hindus I've met have been Sindhi and quite rich...but of course anyone you meet in college and from KHI is mostly quite well off I would say..

Rural Sindh is probably a whole different story..

Hindus from Karachi are doing all right. Karachi is more liberal then compared to rest of Pakistan. Most of Karachi's Hindus are middle class or lower middle class some are quite rich though mostly inherited wealth and businesses before the creation of Pakistan from their successful grandparents. Hindus living in PPP and MQM dominated areas are usually safe but not so much if they live anywhere near Pushtun dominated area.

Hindus from Karachi are doing all right. Karachi is more liberal then compared to rest of Pakistan. Most of Karachi's Hindus are middle class or lower middle class some are quite rich though mostly inherited wealth and businesses before the creation of Pakistan from their successful grandparents. Hindus living in PPP and MQM dominated areas are usually safe but not so much if they live anywhere near Pushtun dominated area.

This might sound a bit harsh, but why is it that proximity to Pushtun areas is always a troubling proposition for minorities?

Growing up we were always taught that Pathans were the most loyal and hospitable group of people.. What has changed??

And you are right about those rich Sindhi Hindus, they were in business and one in fashion..basically I understood that being in fashion is considered liberal and it's easier for them to engage in it being Hindu..I could be wrong but that was how I read it..,thoughts?

Shame shame!! and these people cry for Gaza and Palestine.

All Hindus are welcome in India.

Let's not make this about religion...india is not like Israel and is not the natural home for all Hindus...we have sizeable minorities too..so I don't find that statement politically correct.

Anyone who pledges allegiance to our nation is welcome...religion is secondary!

This might sound a bit harsh, but why is it that proximity to Pushtun areas is always a troubling proposition for minorities?

Growing up we were always taught that Pathans were the most loyal and hospitable group of people.. What has changed??

And you are right about those rich Sindhi Hindus, they were in business and one in fashion..basically I understood that being in fashion is considered liberal and it's easier for them to engage in it being Hindu..I could be wrong but that was how I read it..,thoughts?

Pushtuns are known for their hospitality but they also have low rate of literacy which means they are a easy target for extremists. Back when there some tourism in Pakistan many European tourists talked about how they were treated honourably by Pushtun tribes.

I don't know about fashion. But Karachi's Hindus were mostly of business class.

Let's not make this about religion...india is not like Israel and is not the natural home for all Hindus...we have sizeable minorities too..so I don't find that statement politically correct.

Modi made it very clear that Hindus irrespectively of nationality are welcome in India. Update your self.
Modi expresses support for Hindu migrants - The Times of India

Dont force them to return.We can imagine the relief they got when they touch Indian soil now at least they can ignore about insecurity.Allow them to stay for 7 years .Then they will get Indian citizenship.
They are welcome here.

You are right .We must kept the religion away from this issues.
But it has some limitations and probably impractical in ground situation.
Our Constitution ,GoI and state govts give extra privileges to our minorities. Allowing same foreign minorities only cause
abusing of such privileges by foreigners.And it may adversely affect our minorities and social fabrication.
But Hindus dont have that problem since they dont have any privileges.

But they are Pakistani citizens & You have moral responsibility to take care of them.

You must understand their situation.They cant even protect their own muslims.Then how the hell they can protect their minorities.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Back
Top Bottom