What's new

Pak Hindu MPs stage walkout over terror slur

riju78

Reaction score
ISLAMABAD: Chafing at a Lahore high court judge's comment that Hindus were financing terror attacks in that country, nine Hindu members of Pakistan's national assembly staged a walkout in protest on Wednesday.

"The sentiments of four million Pakistani Hindus are hurt by Justice Khwaja Sharif's uncalled for remarks," said Pakistan People's Party lawmaker Ramesh Lal. He was then joined by other Hindu lawmakers who then walked out. Members of the Awami National Party, too, joined in. Their protest was described as the first in Pakistan's national assembly against the judiciary.

Justice Sharif had made the remark while hearing a petition on barring the deportation of Afghan Taliban leaders on Monday.

The apparent trigger for the comment was a lawyer's observation that a US security firm was responsible for the blasts in Pakistan, including the recent ones in Lahore. Justice Sharif rebutted him saying, "Muslims, and not Hindus, are involved in terror acts in Pakistan. Hindus might be the financiers of such attacks."

As a member of ruling PPP, Lal called for intervention from president Asif Ali Zardari and prime minister Yousuf Raza Gilani, saying Justice Sharif's questioning the patriotism of Pakistani Hindus had left the latter hurt and angry. He also asked supreme court chief justice Iftikhar Chaudhary to take suo motu note of the "highly objectionable" remark. The protesters later returned to the assembly after some persuasion.

PPP leader and Labour Minister Khurshid Ahmed Shah said Justice Sharif's remarks were a "slip of the tongue", and added, "the judge had seemingly blamed India for financing the Taliban rather than Hindus." He said a clarification on the matter would be issued soon.

PML-N member Rashid Akbar Niwani said judges must dispense justice and not make off-the-cuff remarks geared for attracting publicity. "The judges should speak through their judgments and not otherwise," he said.

Munawar Talpur of the PPP expressed his regret to Hindus of Pakistan saying, "They are good Pakistanis. The judge's statement against Hindus is condemnable and indefensible."

Pak Hindu MPs stage walkout over terror slur - Pakistan - World - The Times of India

I was completely disgusted by the comments of the CJ LHC. He should stick to doing his job not giving his opinions on who is doing the bombing.
Everyone knows it is the banned crazy people why do these people keep on insisting that it isnt. They are taking responsibility of these attacks every time.
The hindu MPs did the right thing and i fully support them.

pakistani leaders are damn idiots hindus in pakistan are peaceful minority if anything it's muslims who have been doing crimes against them taking advantage of their majority status .I have always maintained that minorities in pakistan are often marginalized and discriminated against this just further proves it .It was insulting to millions pakistani hindus and he should issue and apology

Hold your horses, before causing a cyclone in a cup of tea, wait till the exact conversation between the honorable Justice and the lawyer is reported and in its correct context.

why was this even up for discussion? they judges and lawyers are slowly going beyond there limits. Some one needs to put a boot up there *** to show them there limits.
these comments make me so angry

why was this even up for discussion? they judges and lawyers are slowly going beyond there limits. Some one needs to put a boot up there *** to show them there limits.
these comments make me so angry
Someone needs to teach you language actually; you are a senior member and that is how you talk about the honorable Justices? What qualifies you to make such derogatory comments?

Post reported!

What was up for discussion, neither you know nor do I. Apparently there was a case hearing during which a conversation between a lawyer and the honorable Justice took place, now no one knows about the context, even about the exact sentences. That is why I am asking to hold your horses until things become clear.

pakistani leaders are damn idiots hindus in pakistan are peaceful minority if anything it's muslims who have been doing crimes against them taking advantage of their majority status .I have always maintained that minorities in pakistan are often marginalized and discriminated against this just further proves it .It was insulting to millions pakistani hindus and he should issue and apology
First of all your allegations are baseless, second of all, if they have any substance, substantiate your allegations with the proof. Lastly, marginalizing minorities if thats what you want to call it can not be associated with Pakistan alone. Every country, that very much includes the one you apparently live in, marginalize its minority one or other way.

hindu being marginalized??? RANA BAGHWANDAS was your CJ of SUPREME COURT! you have hindus in your army! so please save me the side lining bs! hindus are Pakistanis and very patriotic! i have the honor of knowing two! i amsure the CJ lahore high court will apologize!

An apology is in order, unfortunately though its true for everyone, Muslims sometime get carried away and start blaming religion instead of country.

So I hope we can change this bad and sometime hurtful habit.

hindu being marginalized??? RANA BAGHWANDAS was your CJ of SUPREME COURT! you have hindus in your army! so please save me the side lining bs! hindus are Pakistanis and very patriotic! i have the honor of knowing two! i amsure the CJ lahore high court will apologize!

I've seen discrimination with my own eyes in pakistan .I know not all are treated bad but still we have a long way to go still before we fully respect all religions. How many times have innocent christians or hindus gone jail on B.S blasphemy charges ? look how badly ahmadis are treated remember how they use to treat dr abdus salam just coz of what religion he was though atleast nowdays they have honoured him.

I've seen discrimination with my own eyes in pakistan .I know not all are treated bad but still we have a long way to go still before we fully respect all religions. How many times have innocent christians or hindus gone jail on B.S blasphemy charges ? look how badly ahmadis are treated remember how they use to treat dr abdus salam just coz of what religion he was though atleast nowdays they have honoured him.
Isolated cases happen in each and every part of the world, such incidents are no norms in Pakistan hence can not be presented as prevalence of religious discrimination in Pakistan. And Ahmedis were not treated badly at all; I personally know a number of Ahmedis at very high positions in the Government departments including military. Dr. Salam had his own problems, and instead of sympathizing with one Ahmedi Scientist, you better mourn on the overall situation of Science and people associated with it in Pakistan.

Isolated cases happen in each and every part of the world, such incidents are no norms in Pakistan hence can not be presented as prevalence of religious discrimination in Pakistan. And Ahmedis were not treated badly at all; I personally know a number of Ahmedis at very high positions in the Government departments including military. Dr. Salam had his own problems, and instead of sympathizing with one Ahmedi Scientist, you better mourn on the overall situation of Science and people associated with it in Pakistan.

Actually QK,

You are partially right. This is a case of selective journalism. The lawyer must have said

" These blasts were done by Black Water and Hindoos meaning Indians (as most college kids do on this forum) and the judge must have replied sarcastically no its muslims who carry it out though Hindoos may finance it" (meaning Indians and not Pakistani Hindoos.)

Firstly if that is true than the judge is a clod since a judge must speak thru his wise judgement not thru senseless comments.

Secondly if my take is true than the Times India reporter is also a clod for mis -reporting.

Thirdly its time fanboys here stopped calling Indians Hindoo as they too are clods.

A very cloddy take on the above.

:yahoo:

I think what the Chief Justice meant was that HINDUSTANIS were financing terror attacks in Pakistan.

Sometimes when we say Hindus we actually mean Hindustanis, Bharatis, Indians, whatever you wanna call them.

Listen to some famous speeches of our former leaders. When they mention hindus its actually meant for the next door hostile neighbour of ours.

Actually QK,

You are partially right. This is a case of selective journalism. The lawyer must have said

" These blasts were done by Black Water and Hindoos meaning Indians (as most college kids do on this forum) and the judge must have replied sarcastically no its muslims who carry it out though Hindoos may finance it" (meaning Indians and not Pakistani Hindoos.)

Firstly if that is true than the judge is a clod since a judge must speak thru his wise judgement not thru senseless comments.

Secondly if my take is true than the Times India reporter is also a clod for mis -reporting.

Thirdly its time fanboys here stopped calling Indians Hindoo as they too are clods.

A very cloddy take on the above.

:yahoo:

the only clod on this forum appears to be............always neutral (dimwhit who is never neutral) = clod

None of us here know the case in court or the context in which the comments by the judge have been made......if they were made in the context and final remarks in his capacity as a judge for which he has grounds, then fine, as long as it is justified and within the rules of the Law Society in pakistan which will no doubt, look into this matter closely now that it has made it to the National Assembly

Latest posts

Pakistan Affairs Latest Posts

Back
Top Bottom