What's new

PAK helped defeat LTTE says Lankan envoy

Defeating LTTE is a prominent thing in Sri Lankan history. The Indian backed rebels were more powerful than Srilankan Army itself. Indian cargo aircrafts were used to provide reinforcement to rebels in the peninsula but after the involvement of SSG in that war. The intelligence and guerrilla warfare reached another height and Indians faced a defeat at the hands of Sri Lankans.

Now Tamil rebels are haunting Indian federation itself. Just as in Pakistan's case. Zia regime provided arms and ammunition and monetary support to a specific minor sect (Deobandis) which are now haunting Pakistan in different forms, i.e. TTP, Lashkar e Islam, LeJ, SSP etc.

I know But you cannot be sure of Future .... China & India Both are luring Lanka towards thr Side ! Pakistan need to have a close Eye over the situation (which i m sure they are)... not take the relationship for granted.

Yes that may seem so.. Especially with China flexing it's financial muscle and India under the Modi government is going on a strong diplomatic campaign.. China has always had strong relationship with Sri Lanka since the 50's thats not new.. The GOSL should be prudent to get benefits of good relations with every country without jeopardizing it's traditional allies

Pakistan atm is concentrating on it's internal issue's and stabilizing the nation, So it might seem like they're loosing ground on diplomatic and strategic ties a bit, But i dont think the status quo will change especially when it comes to Indo/Lanka ties over Pakistan.. There will always be apprehension viz a viz India, history is full with lessons, And the Tamil Nadu factor will always looms large in the psyche of Lankans, And on the Indian side some still hold on to the belief that Lanka took Pakistani side in the 1970 war

Ofcause it's not to say Indo/Lanka ties need to be attritional, Good bilateral relationship is welcomed.. But it will never over take Pakistan as an ally

I have been having a discussion on it, You might find it interesting..

Pax Indica: Indian elephant in Lankan room

Much love for sril lankan brothers . and yeah wherever the india will promote terrorisam, Pak will fight against it. :pakistan:

Last edited:
i also of heard of SSG commandos in sri lanka to train them in counter insurgency tactics

I think Sri Lankans are great people who appreciated or help. Not many have this quality. We are always there to help oppressed ones especially if the oppressor is sponsored by a common enemy.
Hope our relationships reach new heights.
Long live Our friendship!

Sri Lanka had the largest SSG training contingent at that point including ZARRAR units which back then were not even officially recognized in Pakistan.

MLRS and tanks with support was provided

Sri Lanka had the largest SSG training contingent at that point including ZARRAR units which back then were not even officially recognized in Pakistan.
sir jee we will talk what we know inside news to humy milti nhi

Yes, we provided a steady supply of armament to Sri Lanka as well as training and support. Above everything the Lankan army appreciated the help in devising tactics and strategy.

sir jee we will talk what we know inside news to humy milti nhi

Yes, we provided a steady supply of armament to Sri Lanka as well as training and support. Above everything the Lankan army appreciated the help in devising tactics and strategy.
sir when we will clean up pakistan like sri lanka cleaned from LTTE ?

Basically Pak helped defeat India....:enjoy:

Nope...actually LTTE was left to defend itself...LTTE did plead for help from India unfortunately incompetent Congress central government took its revenge on LTTE for killing Ravij Gandhi....(You know at that time who was PM of India...the wife of the fallen former PM ;))

sir when we will clean up pakistan like sri lanka cleaned from LTTE ?

LTTE is not cleared fully....LTTE sympathizers are still there....

Nope...actually LTTE was left to defend itself...LTTE did plead for help from India unfortunately incompetent Congress central government took its revenge on LTTE for killing Ravij Gandhi....(You know at that time who was PM of India...the wife of the fallen former PM ;))

LTTE is not cleared fully....LTTE sympathizers are still there....
but no terror attack since operation and country growing .

Back
Top Bottom