What's new

PAK FA with 'Brahmos'

You don't know what you are talking about do ya ?

Chinese C-101 , C-301 ,C-803 ,C-805 ,KD-88 , Russian P-800 Oniks , 3M-54 Klub French ASMP , USA SLAM and many more are all operational supersonic cruise missiles and many of them were developed way before Brahmos sooper dooper cruise missile.

Sorry if i busted your bubble:D

Opps my bad..

IAF more focus on ground attack now

integrating Brahmos to FGFA , ..
integrating Brahmos to su-30mki
upgrading mig-29 with ground attack capabiliies..
proposed mirage upgrade to enhance ground attack capabilities..
Jaguare are already ground attack aircrafts..
MMRCA ,looking for ground attack capabilities..
LCA reportedly have a hybrid radar with ground maping mode....

is the reason that with the 100km A2A missiles taking air combat to a different level , has the air supirioty taken a back step...?..i mean a fighter no longer need to be carring lesser weight (to add agility) on a combat mission due to beyond range air combat and the full load carring capacity could be utulize to carry extra ground attack weapons..

Last edited:
I agree with some of the guys here that Brahmos in its current state, can't be used in PAKFA.
But I have to say Brahmos is the best in the world.
Speed : Mach 2.8-3.0
Being twice as heavy and almost four times faster than the Tomahawk, the BrahMos has almost 32 times the initial kinetic energy of a Tomahawk missile(lighter subsonic cruise-missiles and second fastest in the world Speed >0.8 machs). The difference is too much.

India-Russia are trying to develop hypersonic Brahmos (around 7 machs). It should be developed by 2015. In my opinion if they are able to achieve such a large speed then the missile warhead can be reduced to 1/2 and even size can be reduced because the effect due to kinetic energy itself will be a lot causing great destruction. Then we might be able to fit them to PAKFA. But I do believe there is a need to at least double the range of this missile, at least for fighter aircrafts.

I agree with some of the guys here that Brahmos in its current state, can't be used in PAKFA.
But I have to say Brahmos is the best in the world.
Speed : Mach 2.8-3.0
Being twice as heavy and almost four times faster than the Tomahawk, the BrahMos has almost 32 times the initial kinetic energy of a Tomahawk missile(lighter subsonic cruise-missiles and second fastest in the world Speed >0.8 machs). The difference is too much.

India-Russia are trying to develop hypersonic Brahmos (around 7 machs). It should be developed by 2015. In my opinion if they are able to achieve such a large speed then the missile warhead can be reduced to 1/2 and even size can be reduced because the effect due to kinetic energy itself will be a lot causing great destruction. Then we might be able to fit them to PAKFA. But I do believe there is a need to at least double the range of this missile, at least for fighter aircrafts.

Buddy we dnt need range more than 300 km for aircrafts missile
Even 200 km is good

If we are able to integrate 2-3 brahmos on MKI so that become deadly

Who is talking about Brahmos in current versions? Hypersonic Brahmos will be operational much before PAK FA and I guess it will be much smaller and light. if not internally than externally it should be able to carry two hypersonic Brahmos.

The best part of The Article... Thanks to Russian for trusting on us... (Our Ability and commitment)
ye bro.true,very true.its good that they think that we are able to handle this project.

Implementing 3D TVC is going to cost a LOT on a square nozzle. They will have to be designed from scratch. Square nozzles are good for 2D TVC, but not 3D TVC.
but square nozzles ensure less heat signature.we should use 2D tvc if 3D tvc is not possible.

but square nozzles ensure less heat signature.we should use 2D tvc if 3D tvc is not possible.

square nozzles don't ensure less heat signature. Heat signature is reduced by making the cold air mix with the exhaust gases. For that the edge of the nozzle is made to have tooth shaped ends.

Let's see what they select for PakFa. But it won't be square nozzles.

IAF more focus on ground attack now

integrating Brahmos to FGFA , ..
integrating Brahmos to su-30mki
upgrading mig-29 with ground attack capabiliies..
proposed mirage upgrade to enhance ground attack capabilities..
Jaguare are already ground attack aircrafts..
MMRCA ,looking for ground attack capabilities..
LCA reportedly have a hybrid radar with ground maping mode...

Multi role capabilities is what they adding here, be it for Pak Fa / FGFA, or older Mig 29. The aim is to make them more useful in different roles.
That's what many people forget when they say IAF squad numbers are shrinking, which is true of course, but it doesn't mean IAF will be less capable. They have less numbers mainly single role fighters like Mig 21s, or Mig 27, while MKIs, LCA and MMRCAs will be able to do more. It will take time till the numbers will be in a normal range again,
but the capability of IAF fighter fleet is even increasing at the moment!

Who is talking about Brahmos in current versions? Hypersonic Brahmos will be operational much before PAK FA and I guess it will be much smaller and light. if not internally than externally it should be able to carry two hypersonic Brahmos.

Possible, but not internally and that is the important point! Brahmos on Pak Fa / FGFA means only, that they will be able to do what Su 30 MKI will do from 2012/13 too, nothing more.

Possible, but not internally and that is the important point! Brahmos on Pak Fa / FGFA means only, that they will be able to do what Su 30 MKI will do from 2012/13 too, nothing more.

Yes but a stealth aircraft with such missile is deadlier combination that MKI.

smaller nirbhay can fit in internal bay i guess

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom