What's new

PAK-FA takes to the sky!

Status
Not open for further replies.
A lot of the conceptual pics we have seen up to now were defiantly off. Glad to see Sukhoi incorporated a lot of their own design into it rather then copy much of the F-22 airframe. Those engines make me wonder though how much IR sig they give off.

Not bad looking. Still -- dead meat for the Raptor.

As far as I think, they aren't going to provide any official photos and videos to the press. But if they provide such stuff, it will put the defense forums on fire :lol: :lol:

As I thought, No OFFICIAL pics or videos.

d95f10fd49e8dd4aa5902351b030569a.png

You have already posted it in the India defence section. Any special reason of posting a new thread again?

Last edited:
New Russian Fighter Makes Test Flight

MOSCOW (Reuters) - A new fighter aircraft seen as Russia's response to U.S. advances in military aviation made a successful first test flight Friday, plane maker Sukhoi said.

The fighter, Russia's first all-new warplane since the collapse of the Soviet Union, flew for about 45 minutes, Sukhoi spokeswoman Olga Kayukova said on Rossiya 24 television.

"The plane performed very well," said Kayukova.

"All our expectations for this first flight were met. The premiere was a success."

Analysts have said it would probably be five to seven years before Russia's military got to fly the new fighter.

The fighter, which Rossiya 24 said had been tentatively dubbed the T-50 by its makers, is crucial to demonstrating that Russia can hold its own and even challenge U.S. technology.

It is seen as Moscow's answer to the U.S.-built F-22 Raptor stealth fighter, which first flew in 1997.

The plane took off from Komsomolsk-on-Amur in Russia's Far East, Kayukova said.

Well as that wasnt the Intended engine o be placed and a bigger and better engine is supposed to fill that place..I think that explains the size of its arse. And well if you se T 10 and the SU 27 there are hugge differences..perhaps we must wait for the final product to arrive

Not bad looking. Still -- dead meat for the Raptor.
How can you be so sure about it... we don't know anything about this plane as yet. making assumptions by just looking at the pic is not a smart thing to do.

PAK-FA

Look very much smiler to F-22

I can see one stealth aspect it doesn't have that the F-22 does. It has no iridium-tin oxide coating (Gold canopy). Which is used to reflect radar waves away from the cockpit.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom