What's new

PAK FA gets AESA and production to begin by 2015

nope..you forgot China..they will field their 5th gen in 2019 and as we know,they will mass produce it..so,it is highly unlikely India will be 2nd.3rd/4th may be..

I'm sorry but the Chinese are so sketchy about their programs that I'm not going to accept anything until I actually see the J-20 in service. We have no idea in what capacity the J-20 will be used or what scale. According to many Western experts the J-20 looks to be nothing but a TD for possible other 5th gen programs for China. And why 4th? Who will have more 5th gen fighters than IAF?

Lets clear few things.
1st Russian air-force will purchase 200 PAKFA & 50 FGFA.
2nd Indian air-force weill purchase 50 PAKFA & 200 FGFA.
3rd thing PAKFA production will start in 2015 & both countries will receive it simultaneously,50 India 50 Russia in same time timing. So India will induct PAKFA(not Indian version FGFA) in 2015 which will coincide with rafale induction.
4th FGFA will be inducted by India & Russia in 2017 simultaneously,it mean dual seat version will be available only after 2 years. Nobody has ever said that India will behind Russia in inducting it. only fgfa will come after 2 years of pakfa. Everyone tends to make perception that India will receive its 5 gen jet 2 years after Russia but situation is bit different it's about version difference time frame

The article states differently:

the Russian Defense Ministry plans to purchase 60 new fighter jets, but in the long term, according to unconfirmed reports, the volume of purchases may be increased up to 120-150 units of the PAK FA.

Source: http://www.defence.pk/forums/indian...sa-production-begin-2015-a.html#ixzz22ybNrU3C
60-150 units for RuAF.

Any breakthrough in Plasma stealth yet, Russia has flown an experimental Su-27 with plasma stealth back in early 20s. :unsure:

I'm sorry but the Chinese are so sketchy about their programs that I'm not going to accept anything until I actually see the J-20 in service. We have no idea in what capacity the J-20 will be used or what scale. According to many Western experts the J-20 looks to be nothing but a TD for possible other 5th gen programs for China. And why 4th? Who will have more 5th gen fighters than IAF?

USA,Russia,China(may be)...so more likely 3rd(if India start inducting before China) or 4th..

Any breakthrough in Plasma stealth yet, Russia has flown an experimental Su-27 with plasma stealth back in early 20s. :unsure:

early 20s???you mean early 2000..right???Dunno mate,I think Plasma tech is some kind of fairy tale to me..any proof of existence of this tech yet be found..

USA,Russia,China(may be)...so more likely 3rd(if India start inducting before China) or 4th..

early 20s???you mean early 2000..right???Dunno mate,I think Plasma tech is some kind of fairy tale to me..any proof of existence of this tech yet be found..

Like I said RuAF seems to have plans to induct lesser numbers than IAF (200-250+ for India to ~160 for RuAF) and, like I said, PLAF operational 5th gen is sketchy at best for the forseeable future.

And the Indians still trust the Russians after delays over so many projects。

Unbelievable!:woot:

Hello men are u all dreaming we are getting 196pak fa
& 64 fgfa this has been already posted
no.s will increase

Underestimating your opponent is first step to defeat.

Are we getting 50 PAK-FA and 200 FGFA or 250 FGFA only...?

exactly my words. one should not underestimate the apponants. keep your strategies in place.

By Indian prospective we are noe interested in concuring new lands, we are happy in defending our own land & have so much of a deterance that no adversary will try any missadventure.

good news for India. we will be having around 250+ FGFA & PAK FA combined.

Hope we don't do the mistake of placing a huge order all at once. Its a new plane,something that is the first in its line. I really don't want some '5th generation' trouble to pop up once we've inducted them in large numbers. Lets induct a small batch first,and gradually finish eating the whole pie

Began testing the PAK FA with a new radar

picture.jpg

"Dry" has started testing the fighter T-50 (PAK FA) with a new on-board radar system with an active phased array, said in a statement received by the Editor "Lenty.ru." The new radar is installed on the third prototype of the future fighter T-50-3. In the first ground and flight tests were checked in the modes of the radar features "air-to-air" and "air-surface". In parallel testing of optical channels.
Radar PAK FA being developed by the Research Institute of Instrument name Tikhomirov. According to the "Dry", a radar with electronic beam control is made on the basis of the Russian element nanoheterostructures. The system will allow the PAK FA to recognize and classify the group and single target at long range, and at the same time pointing to arms for a few of them. In addition, on-board system will provide communications and electronic countermeasures.
What advantages does the NIIP upgrades for the PAK-FA offer with respect to the Zhuk-AE for our Super-30s ? I believe that beamsteering would be quicker, sidelobe power would be minimized, and addition of more TR modules. Perhaps our Russian friends can throw more light on this.

Like I said RuAF seems to have plans to induct lesser numbers than IAF (200-250+ for India to ~160 for RuAF) and, like I said, PLAF operational 5th gen is sketchy at best for the forseeable future.

250 is unlikely,I think i read somewhere that India will operate 218(or something like that) Pak Fa/FGFA..i'll try to find out that link.plus,don't forget Russia will induct it before India and they will induct Pak-Da too..

Back
Top Bottom