What's new

PAK-FA for PLAAF and PAF

Status
Not open for further replies.
IMO it would be India's worst mistake to go for F35s. They are just too expensive and glitched to the max. Here in Australia all we hear is how inadequate they are. If US was selling F22s raptors, now that would have been amazing

US has promoted F35s as the goose that lays gold eggs but unfortunately can't even lay normal eggs.

Modi is going to pull out from FGFA like puling out the ladder after you reach the roof top?At this point, it would mean bet everything on the yanks without any guaranteed.

If this story by Ajai Shukla is true, then even India is in a hard place as far as choosing next gen fighter program partner is concerned. PAF always had only choice i.e. China. It would be interesting to see how things unfold on F-35 front for IAF.
PAF has 2 choice... apart from AZM Project.

China or partner with Turkey on her TFX project.

I agree with you, PAF should carry on with AZM project with Chinese
input and also join TFX project as well. That will be a mix of east and
west.

There is no place for the PAK FA within the PLAAF. It's like India importing the JF-17 Thunder when it already has the Tejas Mk. 1A.

TFX project will never have Pakistan.
But they'll sell it to you if you're okay with another 'Western' aircraft.

Sir, I was talking about in the context of time frame when PAk-FA was conceived. That's why there is a "had" in my sentence. The current situation is different though. Now there is more than one option as you have mentioned as well. I am really hopeful for TXF but I think by the time it will be making median flights, FC-31 will be way more matured platform. Time is a critical factor for PAF's 5th generation fighter induction especially now when IAF has made its intentions clear about F-35A from LM. As far as AZM is concerned, We know v little about how PAF has planned to get all the required sub-systems.

The best Pakistan has in getting 5th generation fighter jet

China= J-31 (unless some new plane comes)
Turkey= TAI TFX
Rest forget everything

Hi can anybody also discuss the aspects of Arabs getting the stealth if India is totally out from
Su then KSA will definitely jump over and they have the money also as USA is not willing to
Sell them f35 due to Israel’s pressure
Recently they bought s400 from Russia so hopefully russsian won’t mind taking them on board
Thank you
And for Pakistan hopefully j31 is on as Chinese navy is also looking for j31 to be operated
From their in near future coming out carriers as j20 is a big and heavy aircraft to manage
On the AC’s
Now some learned members will say j31 doesn’t come up to Chinese expectations
But we should keep in mind their in future AC are still having like 3-4 years down the line
Development cycle and j31 can mature in these 3-4 years down the line time frame
Thank you

Yes but it would be JV with Russia & China like JF-17 program.

WS-15 needs time to mature.

The F-35 deal is already being discussed between US & India.

There would not be any ToT. Only straight out sale of the F-35 fighters.

You will hear the news in the next fews weeks. Modi would be pulling out of FGFA like the MMRCA.

I don't blame Russians. Everyone is in the business of making money.

I believe ground is being prepared to discuss the PAK-FA deal.
India won't quit FGFA program. Even if US has no problem to sell the aircraft to India, you need at least 10 yeas to got your first plane. But Chinese already has their J-20 operational.

Even you believe China is a Extremely peaceful country,you still don't have 10 years to wait.

PLAAF has J-20 & expectedly FC-31 for naval role. PAF announced 5th Gen under project AZM hence, there is no place for PAK-FA in both forces.

Thread closed.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom