What's new

Pak engineer makes car that runs on water

Status
Not open for further replies.
why is it that every post from an Indian makes me laugh, you make it seem like every Indian is a PHD and every one of your God knows how many, 1.6 billion now? knows everything about electrolysis and physics yet we ignorant Paksitani cant understand it....if you want to measure the intellect of a nation just see what kind of movies they watch!!
It was coined by sane Pakistanis not by me. They said about how these things shouldn't get any coverage.

Also if hes using hydrogen (which explodes in a pop, not burns), how is he claiming he can fit this to any car, car ka bera ghark hoga.

I am not his supporter and do think it is a hoax, but don't you need a pop to move the piston?

The fuel ignites through the spark, there is a mini explosion, sudden explosion, and the piston moves.

I think our leaders have made full preparations for bisti program.

Why the hell are Khurshid shah and other politicians endorsing this whole thing?

They don't know how different their brain is from their backside, and they are endorsing this thing. And supporting it etc etc.

I think in some days, Hamid Mir will push this issue and some probe team might get formed, and debunk this contraption. Once and for all.

Just trying to explain from our POV when we read these type of news, nothing more than that.. As you think its not worth discussing, I am deleting it.

Great. :tup:

Actually the thread is very entertaining. Cant see troll battle ruining it :)

A lot of scammers are currently posting video of a Reuters report that shows a small car which runs on water. They claim that this validates their HHO schemes in some way.

Did you hear any mention of HHO gas or electrolysis?

No you didn't - because this has absolutely *nothing* to do with these scammy HHO systems.

Source: Debunking the "run your car on water" scam

So speaking the truth makes you somehow an Indian? You just praised 1+ billion Indians and insulted 175+ million Pakistani. Shame on you, kiddo. :D

Quit being irrational and face the music. In the real world there is no such thing as magic.

Car running on Water... I thopught you guys are talking about this...

mini_on_water.jpg

and this

20080604-watercar.jpg

I think our leaders have made full preparations for bisti program.

I think before an outsider comes to debunk or validate his claims, we should do it ourselves.

Dr Atta ur Rehman yesterday said the 4 top Engineering universities should evaluate this device. By today some Chancellor should have accepted the challenge.

Its not so hard to check for fraud at least - even me or you can check for it. I think he didn't even say the word electrolysis even once.

Also if hes using hydrogen (which explodes in a pop, not burns), how is he claiming he can fit this to any car, car ka bera ghark hoga.

We are waiting :coffee: Can this person give a demo in EME NUST????

water.. ?? which means now India will not only be blamed for bad harvest but also high price of fuel in Pakistan (after all we steal the water from Pakistani rivers) :lol:

Ganga will stop flowing towards Bangladesh. We cant afford to give so much fuel for free. :lol:

and "There is No Perfect Machine" i.e which runs on 100% efficiency if you have had studied a bit of science you would have known.The problem is that car relies on electrolysis and uses hydrogen to fuel it (which i even doubt this guy did,because he did not allowed the inspection of his brilliant formula) and for this electricity is required which is obtained from battery and when car runs it is supposed to be recharged but because the machines are not 100% efficient so some energy will be lost in the process which will lead to battery being discharged and when the battery runs out the car will stop no matter how much water you pour in it,it wont run.Therefore a water powered car is not viable or even possible because essentially it relies on electricity therefore the research is directed towards making electric cars.

You miss the most important reason for loss of energy from the system which is the energy required to move the car.

Just watched his program. The ending was Hilarious. Telling Dr Atta the formula of water like we all dont know about it!!!!

He said Dr shb you know from we get Hydrogen???

Dr Ata replied that normally from Methane.

He then said I tell you Dr. The formula of Water is H2O and this is from where we get Hydrogen

And I was like dafaqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqq

Hilarious..?

That was pure insult of the intellect of a professor. How could the anchor let him insult the Professor continuously. This Engineer did not even reply a single question.

And sorry to say but the other scientist's approach was not like a scientist. Even he was willing to believe that Laws of Thermodynamics can be violated.

I hope your govt. does not publicize this hoax or, the whole world will laugh at your country's expense.

Last edited by a moderator:
I am getting WATROL........:enjoy:

Seems like this hoax will last too long...

This guy hasn't patented this since last year??

I am also directing my lawyers to file for trademark coverage of:

WATROLINE

and of course

PREMIUM SPRING WATROLINE

too!

====================================

Do we really a panel of scientists to look at the car and the foolish claims following this simple analysis?

If you convert 1 US gallon of water to hydrogen by electrolysis it will yield 420.6 g of hydrogen (H2 gas). If the electrolysis is 100% efficient it will take 16.821 kWh of electricity to crack 1 gallon of water. That 420 g of H2 only has an energy density of 14 kWh (33.3 kWh/kg * .4206). That's 16% more energy to crack the water than you get out of it. At 70 percent efficiency that means it would take about 24 kWh of input energy to produce hydrogen with 14 kWh of energy output.

To electrolyze water on the fly means the energy has to come from the engine via the alternator. Whatever electricity the alternator produces has to come from mechanical energy to drive it via the belt from the engine. That means the 24 kWh of energy will ultimately come from the engine while only 14 kWh will get put back in. As a result of this parasitic loss, on board hydrogen generation is an energy negative process that will actually reduce the total fuel efficiency of the vehicle because the load on the engine will be increased.

Now let us hypothetically assume that it can be done (producing hydrogen through electrolysis) from the onboard battery. We will need 24KWH of energy to break 1 gallon of water, Now in order to get that 24 KWh energy from a 12 volt battery let us measure what battery rating will be needed:

amp-hours = 1000*kilowatthours / voltage
=1000*24/12= 2000 AH

So one will need a 2000 AH battery to get 1 gallon of water for electrolysis or 10-200 AH batteries, but wait a minute: Where will we put them and how will they be recharged?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom