What's new

Pak co undermines PAF for profit

sonicboom

Reaction score
ISLAMABAD — A major trading house, based in Islamabad and focusing on arms trading, has been blacklisted by the Pakistan Air Force after it undermined PAF interests to make extra profits from US manufacturers.

The PAF was seeking new control panels for its Mashaq aircraft, known in professional circles as the MFI 17. The Mashaq is a trainer aircraft not intended for use as an attack or bomber aircraft. Despite this, the trading group with whom the order was to be placed informed the US supplier that the control panel had a weapons component - thereby raising the price and potentially promising more profits for the firm.

Unfortunately, for Pakistan and the PAF, this false statement by the firm also sent alarm bells ringing within the US government circles and threatened to undermine the necessary upgradation of the aircraft.

Nor was this the first time this Pakistani trading house, that represents primarily US companies like Hughes and other arms’ manufacturers, has undermined the PAF’s interests for US interests and profit lures.

Only recently, one of its employees, a retired air force official, sought to give out to the Hughes Corporation that the PAF’s demand for more Laser Guided Bombs (LGBs) should be questioned as they had given a wrong number regarding the amount of LGBs used (in Swat operations) and new ones required.

The same company has sought to make inroads into the Pakistani Establishment by hiring retired military officers, as well as retired bureaucrats.

It has now set up an office in Washington D.C. and Christina Rocca is one of the names linked to it. Nor does the company make profits only from arms deals. It started a programme Faucet for IDPs and millions of dollars were channeled through this source.

There are, so far unsubstantiated, rumours in Islamabad that this company has also linked up with Xe Worldwide (Blackwater) in Islamabad.

Pak co undermines PAF for profit | Pakistan | News | Newspaper | Daily | English | Online

Great anymore bad news to come ?? unreal..

ISLAMABAD — A major trading house, based in Islamabad and focusing on arms trading, has been blacklisted by the Pakistan Air Force after it undermined PAF interests to make extra profits from US manufacturers.
The PAF was seeking new control panels for its Mashaq aircraft, known in professional circles as the MFI 17. The Mashaq is a trainer aircraft not intended for use as an attack or bomber aircraft. Despite this, the trading group with whom the order was to be placed informed the US supplier that the control panel had a weapons component - thereby raising the price and potentially promising more profits for the firm.
Unfortunately, for Pakistan and the PAF, this false statement by the firm also sent alarm bells ringing within the US government circles and threatened to undermine the necessary upgradation of the aircraft.
Nor was this the first time this Pakistani trading house, that represents primarily US companies like Hughes and other arms’ manufacturers, has undermined the PAF’s interests for US interests and profit lures.
Only recently, one of its employees, a retired air force official, sought to give out to the Hughes Corporation that the PAF’s demand for more Laser Guided Bombs (LGBs) should be questioned as they had given a wrong number regarding the amount of LGBs used (in Swat operations) and new ones required.
The same company has sought to make inroads into the Pakistani Establishment by hiring retired military officers, as well as retired bureaucrats.
It has now set up an office in Washington D.C. and Christina Rocca is one of the names linked to it. Nor does the company make profits only from arms deals. It started a programme Faucet for IDPs and millions of dollars were channeled through this source.
There are, so far unsubstantiated, rumours in Islamabad that this company has also linked up with Xe Worldwide (Blackwater) in Islamabad.
Pak co undermines PAF for profit | Pakistan | News | Newspaper | Daily | English | Online

How disgusting ! :angry:

I cannot understand the logic of such line of scumbags!

Just for the sake of a few bucks, they are damaging their own motherland!!

:disagree:

They dont even take into consideration that if tomorrow, we were to be faced with the threat of an attack, it will be the children of these very Mir Jaffars and Mir Sadiqs that will eat the lead of any Bombs falling on our heads.

They sell the future of their own children, and for what?

Righteous

I'm not suggesting that is story/article is false - but I would suggest we exercise great caution with regard to such news printed in the "Nation" newspaper.

The paper has become highly politically partisan - just want to say that we should be careful when reading such pieces in the paper -- Has this story been reported by any other paper or news outlet??

You will note the attempt to associate the trading house in question with Xe - again, the editor ms. Shireen Mazari has recently been interviewed by security agencies with regard to some of the claims she has made and sources she claims to have given her information - lets just keep the political partisanship in mind.

Nothing new, companies from around the world hire retired Pakistani military officers in order to market their products.

The main reasons are :
There is a higher chance of a retired military officer being welcomed in the GHQ rather than a "gora".
There is no language barrier.
There is a very high chance that the retired military officer will find a common ground(Six degrees of separation) which can help in starting a good conversation.

I know about a retired army aviation officer who now works for Bell Helicopter. There are plenty other examples just like that.

Pse look closely at the language used in the last paragraph quote,

"There are so far unsubstantiated rumours...".

My Question: Should a newspaper of such national standing publish rumours and that too unsubstantiated!!

What message is the newspaper and the ones who are supporting teh article trying to give? Where does the credibility of the The Nation stand when this kind of reports are published?

The Nation has had people of unquestionable character as their editors. What had changed now?!!!

Duplicate thread. I have already opened this thread. Please check before you open a new thread.

My Question: Should a newspaper of such national standing publish rumours and that too unsubstantiated!!

What message is the newspaper and the ones who are supporting the article trying to give? Where does the credibility of the The Nation stand when this kind of reports are published?

The Nation has had people of unquestionable character as their editors. What had changed now?!!!

Yes, it is most unfortunate what the owners of "Nation" newspaper continue to do to that paper, the addition as editor of Ms. Shireen Mazari given her temper and vendetta frame of mind, is most regrettable.

Kestral Trading Ltd
St #41, F-7/1
Islamabad
proxy owned by Mr. Bilal Musharraf

Sapper:

Have responded to your inquisitiveness on the source elsewhere on this forum.

Find more the “source” from where this thread began. Kestral has been virtually running the PAF for good 8 years.

Sapper:

Have responded to your inquisitiveness on the source elsewhere on this forum.

Find more the “source” from where this thread began. Kestral has been virtually running the PAF for good 8 years.

Dear, the burden of proof is on you ... not me.

If and when I present a RUMOR, I will surely allow you to question my credibility and that of my source, if I fail, i will allow you to call me biased, a troll, or whatever the hell you want to call a liar.

I require you to site "Credible" source for your insight given below, not the article posted by sonicboom at start of thread.

Kestral Trading Ltd
St #41, F-7/1
Islamabad
proxy owned by Mr. Bilal Musharraf

I require this not because I want to prove YOU wrong. Proving you wrong means **** to me ... on the other hand, if you provide credible evidence, i will know another traitor to Pakistan, and my knowledge will increase ... after all that's my only reason to visit this forum.

Regards,
Sapper

Latest posts

Pakistan Affairs Latest Posts

Back
Top Bottom