What's new

Pak clears India request on Libya special flights ‘in minutes’

ksgokul

Reaction score
The India-Pakistan rapprochement came in handy to bring back Indians from Libya on chartered flights.

According to government sources, Foreign Secretary Nirupama Rao called up her Pakistan counterpart Salman Bashir on Friday for “overflight clearance” for the special flights from Tripoli. Sources said the Pakistan Foreign Secretary got back “within minutes” with approvals from his government.

Though there are set mechanisms for overflight clearances, the conversation took place at a higher level since these were “unscheduled flights”, officials said.

Rao and Bashir recently met at Thimphu on the sidelines of a SAARC meeting and have charted out a roadmap to begin talks on all outstanding issues, including counter-terrorism and J&K.

A second batch, of 600 Indians, from Tripoli arrived here late tonight, while another flight is expected early on Tuesday.

While the MEA is coordinating the evacuation of Indians from Libya, the Ministry of Overseas Indian Affairs is looking into their “onward journey” from Delhi airport to their hometowns. “I have told officials to treat this as a national emergency, and inter-ministerial coordination with the states has been quite good,” A Didar Singh, Secretary in the Overseas Indian Affairs Ministry, said on Monday, adding that there hadn’t been “any turf wars”.

He added that those evacuated were being given free tickets to return home. “If a person’s destination is within 500 km, they are being issued bus or train tickets. If the hometown is 500 km away, they are to be given flight tickets. And these are all complimentary.”...

Pak clears India request on Libya special flights ‘in minutes’

Congrats hope they merge or unite like the EU...would be strong bloc.

LOL! A nice sentiment but Indian + Pakistani have a VERY long way to go before they come anywhere near if ever, this is a VERY small gesture, I'm sure tommorow Pak artillery will again provide cover fire for infiltraters on the LOC. I don't think Bill Clinton once called S.Asia the "most dangerous place on earth" for nothing! I don't think any members of the EU have nukes pointing at one anothoer or are funding and training cross-boarder terrorist!!

In fact India is only one attack away (another 26/11) from going to war/striking Pakistan camps.

India+Pakistan=EU :rofl::rofl::rofl:

It's no big deal. They didn't have any reason not to clear our request.

It's no big deal. They didn't have any reason not to clear our request.

Quit your vinning and be thankful. If it is no big deal why India asked for it? Spend the extra money on fuel and go around us, Oh extra money, aik dollar Rs. 45 ka hota hai, bhaya, the banyas may not be able to sleep at night.

Pakistan has a good heart and Pakistanis are a great nation.

:pakistan:

indian media is pathetic. You wont see these type of articles coming from Pakistan. I dont see what the big deal in this is. Making a hype out of nothing.

Congrats hope they merge or unite like the EU...would be strong bloc.

I am not sure if you are serious or under the influence. A normal person that knows about India-Pakistan will not make a suggestion like that.

I am not sure if you are serious or under the influence. A normal person that knows about India-Pakistan will not make a suggestion like that.

Why? Because you fought wars and are adversaries? So were the germans, east and west! If people want change it will happen, take note.

Why? Because you fought wars and are adversaries? So were the germans, east and west! If people want change it will happen, take note.

Europe has had it's war. Now they're at peace. Your comparison here is deluded. No offence.

Germans were divided by USSR and USA, which is not the case in the Indian sub-continent. East Germans were forced to be in Warsaw Pact and West Germany has not choice but to allow US bases on German soil and be part of NATO.

My grand father's brother was killed by the hindus in 1946 and our family like million other families will never forgive the henious crimes of hindus and sikhs. It is easier said that done.

Back
Top Bottom