What's new

Pak-China Agreement: transfer technology of indigenously-build submarines

Dear Airbus,

My interactions with US Navy people tell me that they never bought a Gotland Submarine from Kockums Sweden nor is the submarine not detectable by the US Navy.

The US Navy leased HMS Gotland (the first of the three built) for a year in 2004 for submarine rescue exercises(the lease has been extended till 2009). This is because the US Navy unfortunately has only nuclear powered submarine and no large diesel electric submarines.

The US Navy maintains the largest fleet of DSRV's (Deep Submergence Rescue Vessel) which are basically small submarines which go and mate with a disabled large submarine on the seabed and transfer the crew of the disabled submarine and bring them to the surface.

To make sure the DSRV's are in top shape frequent exercises are held between all Nato countries in which a submarine delibrately bottoms itself on the seabed and DSRV's of all the nations participate in the rescue of the crew.

Since bottoming an exhorbidantly nuclear submarine is not recommended only an electric submarine is used and thats why HMS Gotland was hired by the US Navy for submarine rescue exercise purpose only.

Regards

thanks for correcting me:yahoo:
but brothers i think pakistan navy should go for (4) U-214's & (3) gotland class subs.......and no merlin class

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom