What's new

Pak-China Agreement: transfer technology of indigenously-build submarines

This is off-topic but still of interest:

" Delex Systems, Inc.*, Vienna, Va., is being awarded a $7,490,436 firm-fixed-priced order against a previously issued Basic Ordering Agreement (N00019-03-G-0015) for the development, documentation, testing and delivery of a turnkey Harpoon Tactical Training Program for the Pakistan Navy under the Foreign Military Sales Program. Work will be performed in Vienna, Va. (95 percent), and Karachi, Pakistan (5 percent), and is expected to be completed in April 2012. Contract funds will not expire at the end of the current fiscal year."

:D

the latest Chinese Sub Is (JIN CLASS).............................i hope if pakistan navy gets them......they are capable of matching any western SUBS......

If China gives technology for a top range conventional submarine to Pakistan ( as I doubt they will give anything nuclear to avoid similiar stuff being given to say Taiwan or Japan by USA, though I know Pakistan and America and good friends), will the Pakistan - Marlin deal be stalled ? To pursue both projects will mean a couple of billion dollar investments not to mention submarines from 3 different countries France, China and Germany a logistical nightmare.

Regards

We already have the capability to build conventional submarines, we received full ToT for the Agosta-90B design from France.

We should be looking into JV to build nuclear sumbarines with China.

AoA
Neo do you have a source that we got full ToT for Agosta? My information is that we are license manufacturing them. All major subsystems are being imported. All we basically do is make the hull (learnt the welding technology from french) and then assemble the sub from kits supplied.
I am be wrong as the info is little dated. Somehow full ToT is hard to believe as we never were and are in a position to fully absorb the technology. Please provide the source.
Thanks

borthers i think Pakistan should go for 4 U-214's......................& 3 Gotland class submarine's they r better than merlin class...........

yeah i do believe that they should go with the gotland class. this was the sub that the US navy was not able to track and it defeated all of their defences. But there is a problam with this sub because those damn swedes are very prone to sanction pakistan. i just saw a program on discovery called " Future Weapons" it should the german U-214. they the program should this is an amazing sub. this is definitaly an option the **** navy should consifer.

bro i if their is problem with swedes then we should.......negotiate with the help of US........

yeah i do believe that they should go with the gotland class. this was the sub that the US navy was not able to track and it defeated all of their defences. But there is a problam with this sub because those damn swedes are very prone to sanction pakistan. i just saw a program on discovery called " Future Weapons" it should the german U-214. they the program should this is an amazing sub. this is definitaly an option the **** navy should consifer.

Do you have any reliable link of the Gotland Class vs the US Subs non-detection issue ? What class of Subs were pitted against the Gotland by the USN.

Please send me more info as it would make interesting reading.

Regards

yes thats why Gotland Class is in service with US these days...............

yes thats why Gotland Class is in service with US these days...............

Dear Airbus,

My interactions with US Navy people tell me that they never bought a Gotland Submarine from Kockums Sweden nor is the submarine not detectable by the US Navy.

The US Navy leased HMS Gotland (the first of the three built) for a year in 2004 for submarine rescue exercises(the lease has been extended till 2009). This is because the US Navy unfortunately has only nuclear powered submarine and no large diesel electric submarines.

The US Navy maintains the largest fleet of DSRV's (Deep Submergence Rescue Vessel) which are basically small submarines which go and mate with a disabled large submarine on the seabed and transfer the crew of the disabled submarine and bring them to the surface.

To make sure the DSRV's are in top shape frequent exercises are held between all Nato countries in which a submarine delibrately bottoms itself on the seabed and DSRV's of all the nations participate in the rescue of the crew.

Since bottoming an exhorbidantly nuclear submarine is not recommended only an electric submarine is used and thats why HMS Gotland was hired by the US Navy for submarine rescue exercise purpose only.

Regards

During on excerise a Swedish Gotland got a shot and sunk a american supercarrier. Americans dont have any diesels

airbus,

Jin class is not anyway close to russian western subs..
Pakistan would buy German or French if it had the money

Pakistan would buy German or French if it had the money

The deal is close, we'll have more news by the end of the year.
2008 will be the year of the navy, mark my words. :angel:

sorry i read it some where but i cant seem to find the page now. i will keep looking for it and if i find it will surely post it.

The deal is close, we'll have more news by the end of the year.
2008 will be the year of the navy, mark my words. :angel:

Congrats.
Pakistan needs to esepcially since Indian Submarine Fleet is set to increase 30; by 2020
Today in the Hindu Newspaper I found this very interesting

" A submarine of the Sindhughosh class entered Kochi harbour on Wedesnday on a routine sortie. The name of the Russian-make submarine has been withheld for security reasons. Sindhugosh is one of the three diesel-powered submarine classes in the Indian Navy"

Why?

DO you have to publicize a Sindugosh class, a Kilo..the whole world knows about them. Then say you cant reveal its name since of security reasons.

Hmmm, what if this is the ATV.

AsSalam oAlaikum
I personally think these are just initial discussions that PN might have held with the chinese regarding getting a chinese platform and in the process reduce costs further by building some at home with other obvious advantage. They may pit this against the germans to get a better deal from them. The french are out as they can realistically only offer the scorpene as no one will buy a paper tiger, which is mainly a concept only. To them, it does not make sense to research a new platform only to pit it in a competition where there are no guarantees of success. They may have tried to "mix and match" 2 plarforms to give a "new" platform, but to a novice like me it does not make sense as platforms will have to have their glitches ironed out and that takes money and time which Pakistan does not have.
I feel that at the end of the day PN may go with U214s only and if need be build more under licence. This may be a favoured decision for the chinese as well for reasons that need not be explained.
Wa Salam
Araz

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom