What's new

Pak Army's mass mobilization strategy

I think we are going offtopic here,However on Siachin either you are ignorant or tried to be.
FYI find out about iconic Quiad post,how it get converted in Bana post,you will get to know what balls IA have.

Not really. Pakistan is the ONLY nation in all recorded human history that has thwarted and repulsed an enemy that is more than 7× bigger than us and has abundant access to the world's most advanced weapons systems whilst we are denied this privilege. That is what you call bravery and balls. Pakistan has fought and survived against impossible odds for nearly 70 years. No other nation EVER has managed to do this :azn:

Atleast this kid has some relevant details to discuss and some thing to contribute

I feel sorry for people who disprove others from thinking ahead and want every thing to revolve around their limited mindset...

The funny thing is I have quite a few white hair. If I am a kid, that makes him absolutely ancient!

Not really. Pakistan is the ONLY nation in all recorded human history that has thwarted and repulsed an enemy that is more than 7× bigger than us and has abundant access to the world's most advanced weapons systems whilst we are denied this privilege. That is what you call bravery and balls. Pakistan has fought and survived against impossible odds for nearly 70 years. No other nation EVER has managed to do this :azn:

I have been reading your non-sense for quite some time now. What abundant resource are you talking about which you didn't had access ??

Please rephrase it as abundant resource which Pakistan couldn't buy because we you never had the money to afford that luxury. Simple. :p:

And Pakistan did survive impossible odd's but every time the offense were started by you. When you pin prick an enemy more than double your size, what else do you expect ?? And if you consider this bravery, well god may help you. :)

Atleast this kid has some relevant details to discuss and some thing to contribute

I feel sorry for people who disprove others from thinking ahead and want every thing to revolve around their limited mindset...
The funny thing is I have quite a few white hair. If I am a kid, that makes him absolutely ancient!
:o::o: :o:

Yes,they do.But tell me,keeping Pakistan in context,whether Pakistan has such Airlift Capabilities??At the very first post,I highlighted lacks of heavy lift aircraft as critical factor,right??

India and US uses C-17 which can airlift a MBT.That doesn't justify the case of Pakistan.Do Pakistan ever Paradropped AAVs like Russia did?No.Unless you're missing one point,even though a lot of heavy weapons can be air dropped,it is still considered that Paratroopers and Air Assault forces still vastly outgunned and outnumbered.Its not a misinformation I'm spreading,rather its a dream castle you're building.

Its rather opposite.You should ask yourself,do Pakistan can achieve Air superiority over India to support such Air Assault or Airborne Assault??I guess you're saying something about Pakistan's Mass mobilization and not India's.Right?

I really don't like to descend down to unpleasantries. That is why you will find me not even responding to most posts that I consider idiotic. The thing is, this is my thread and I now have to humor the idiots on the thread. So let me lay this out in very clear terms. This is a pak defence forum where we operate on the premise that we can throw India on our knees and smack it on the butt with a fly swatter until it cries *Sorry*. We find it insulting when you build your arguments on the basis of a flawed perception of superiority. Yes, we can take down your air defences, and crush you to smithereens. And we shall do it at a time of our own choosing.

You do understand difference between the word "Complex" and "Difficult/Hard",right??

Complex involves no of elements involved in a warfare whether Difficult/Hard means where success rate is extremely low and risk is extremely high.

I wonder whether you've ever watched Battleplan.

please watch this extremely informative video series and know whay "Assault from the Air" is considered "Last Option".

Don't try to play on words. Look at the facts. The elements involved in airborne attack:

1. Land forces.
2. Airborne assets.

The elements involved in amphibian assault:

1. Land.
2. Air.
3. Navy.

In the realm of military planning, the more complex a plan, the harder it is to achieve.

That video you have posted is using hyperbole to impress the viewer. Gullible viewers are very likely to get easily impressed.

International Documentary on Pakistan Armies preparedness for any Indian Conflict, it says pakistan can use 3 weapons to annihilate India in 5 minutes Time!

Just to add on to it. Pakistan is the only country in the world which signed the instrument of surrender in just 17 days of war.!!!!!!, which had (according to you) the most battle hardened army & the best air force in the world!!!!!! ;-)

Just to let you know it took 500 million indians and over 100 million bengalis surrounding 50,000 Pakistani soldiers and 40,000 members of their families to accomplish that. Not to mention the fact that those soldiers were cut off from their motherland by at least 2500 kms and had no supplies, provisions or reinforcements.

First of all I want to note my own lack of knowledge of the terrain along the LoC. Also, my intention is to raise the topic and via this forum make sure relevant people are thinking about it.

As far as I know, the mountainous terrain along the LoC does not lend itself to mass mobilization of armor and infantry. If the Pak army is serious about freeing Kashmir at some point in the future, it needs a plan for mass mobilization. To me, the most optimal way is through air drops. This means having a large fleet of cargo aircraft and regular practice of air drops involving both infantry AND armor. Especially, I am unaware of any exercise by Pak army where air drops of armor have been practiced.

Moving away from LoC, let us discuss how such a maneuvor would unfold in practice. Air superiority will be a must, along with complete clearance of enemy's air defence. This will be followed by the actual drop.

The situations where such a technique could be employed are:

1. Completely unexpected flanking/surrounding of the enemy from behind, or from the sides. This will be beneficial in multiple theatres: the plains of Punjab, deserts of Thar and Cholistan, LoC, and the rugged mountains of Afghanistan.

2. Avoiding areas of high radioactivity. In case the Nasr comes into play in response to an Indian cold start, such a maneuvor would be highly beneficial to get own troops across radioactive areas.

In short, air mobilization is an extremely useful tool in the general's belt and I would like to see our army being capable of employing it as and when needed.

EDIT: After seeing multiple posters making the mistake, I need to point out this thread is about developing future capability rather than an analysis of current situation.

First of all Indian Army's STANDING strength on the LOC is quite sufficient to stop and repel any Pakistani invasion till reinforcements can be brought in

Then you have to factor in IAF joining the battle

Thirdly ; what makes you think that the Battles will be confined to LOC

Indian Army will storm across the Working Boundary in Jammu and the
International Border from Punjab to Gujarat

A Multi axes massive armoured thrust into Pakistan will quieten all day dreamers
in Pakistan

In just One sentence I would say
Pakistan CANNOT take on the Indian Army

Just to let you know the mighty USA attacked Taliban who had 1/10 of their troop, no access to fighter jets or logistics. It's not a game wherein only 11 players will play against 11 of yours. If that's the case, stop saying china is powerful because they operate the biggest army in the world.

But the americans don't celebrate defeating the Taliban. It doesn't hold that much relevance to them. Nor do they covet this in any way. Wheras indians celebrate defeating an enemy who were completely encircled and faced odds of more than 100:1. The point is that it was IMPOSSIBLE FOR india/bangladesh to loose the 1971 war. And coupled with the fact that the Pakistan army did not want to die for a nation/race of people that we had 0 in common with and who we did not particularly find pleasant, of course they would surrender. Also we were at least 2500 kms from the Pakistan motherland with no supplies or provisions. Those surrendered soldiers wanted to return home and see their beautiful Pakistani race. They did not want to end their time on earth with their last view being that of a goblin, simian or troglodyte.

Last edited:
But the americans don't celebrate defeating the Taliban. It doesn't hold that much relevance to them. Nor do they covet this in any way. Wheras indians celebrate defeating an enemy who were completely encircled and faced odds of more than 100:1. The point is that it was IMPOSSIBLE FOR india/bangladesh to loose the 1971 war. And coupled with the fact that the Pakistan army did not want to die for a nation/race of people that we had 0 in common with and who we did not particularly find pleasant, of course they would surrender. Also we were at least 2500 kms from the Pakistan motherland with no supplies or provisions. Those surrendered soldiers wanted to return home and see their beautiful Pakistani race. They did not want to end their time on earth with the last view being that of a goblin, simian or troglodyte.

Don't waste your time on the Indian trolls. They are too stoned on their numerical advantage. We have better things to do.

But the americans don't celebrate defeating the Taliban. It doesn't hold that much relevance to them. Nor do they covet this in any way. Wheras indians celebrate defeating an enemy who were completely encircled and faced odds of more than 100:1. The point is that it was IMPOSSIBLE FOR india/bangladesh to loose the 1971 war. And coupled with the fact that the Pakistan army did not want to die for a nation/race of people that we had 0 in common with and who we did not particularly find pleasant, of course they would surrender. Also we were at least 2500 kms from the Pakistan motherland with no supplies or provisions. Those surrendered soldiers wanted to return home and see their beautiful Pakistani race. They did not want to end their time on earth with the last view being that of a goblin, simian or troglodyte.

Barring few we respect solders, no matter which country they belong to. No one is doubting your army capabilities. No army is weak, every military can fight & die for it's country.

At the same time, nation remembers it's martyrs on 16th of December every year, more than celebration it's the tribute we pay to them at india gate.

Sir, having the option opens up many interesting possibilities for cutting off their territory from within. There is also the case for using such a capability to avoid radioactive areas. The question is, although we have the ability for nuclear war, do we have the preparation for such a war? Finally, projecting power within Afghanistan is another case for such capability.
Quite frankly, our perception of nuclear war is as underdeveloped as of any nation. There is always the planning for operations under a nuclear umbrella, but unlike larger states like the US and USSR with massive areas of empty land that might survive a nuclear holocaust; both India and Pakistan lie under a geographical and situational threat of being too close to each other and having population centres that leave very little other habitable space to survive(although India does have massive forest preserves that might sustain human life for a while).

Both nations assume that one a single NASR flies, a tit for tat escalation will ensue that will have world powers scrambling to stop it within a very limited time. If the Indians dont respond in kind then they leave the door open to their troops being butchered early. If they do respond in kind, then it end up being an all out nuclear war.

Their hope is that their focus on mobilisation will leave very little room for the PA to defend and ipso facto be able to bring nuclear weapons to bear on a pinpoint target. To counter that, the NASR and some other systems have been designed now to be able to change target on the fly.

Don't waste your time on the Indian trolls. They are too stoned on their numerical advantage. We have better things to do.
Please spread the word on reporting them on any Pakistan related thread where they start to derail. Let us deal with them.

To advance into india 50- 100km I assume it would have to be large numbers of men trucks and armour

Surely to god the build up of those troops along your border would be picked up by radars and satalites.

Even if the column picked up speed and surprised the border guards and ARMY surely at some stage the indian air force would look to repel them or destroy them completely.

I suspect both air power and stand off weapons like Brahmos crusise missles amd Smercher & Pinaka MBRL with ranges of 90km would be used possibly even UCAV and drones from Israel.

To advance into india 50- 100km I assume it would have to be large numbers of men trucks and armour

Surely to god the build up of those troops along your border would be picked up by radars and satalites.

Even if the column picked up speed and surprised the border guards and ARMY surely at some stage the indian air force would look to repel them or destroy them completely.

I suspect both air power and stand off weapons like Brahmos crusise missles amd Smercher & Pinaka MBRL with ranges of 90km would be used possibly even UCAV and drones from Israel.

Unlike India, the armoured forces of Pakistan are minutes away from border at some locations in the desert.

Large number of vehicles dont start moving all together. Even a battalion/unit is divided into three parts when in transit:
1. Advance party (approx 70 troops)
2. Main body (maximum number of troops and equipment)
3. Rear party (50-70 troops)

Even to stop an armoured brigade moving in groups, IAF will need to be in air all 24 hours to counter PA attacking force and will be constantly challenged by mobile SAM's.

Mentioning Brahmos to counter Pakistani incursion is purely childish.
There are lots of built up areas like villages and small towns which can be captured as refuelling points, make-shift workshops for repair of armoured vehicles, deployment area for an attack etc and neither Indian Army nor IAF will be foolish enough to strike an area where their own citizens live. such villages and towns are also present near critical road intersections, have ample supply of water, electricity in which case Army mobile generators dont need to be used and other amenities etc.

Latest posts

Pakistan Defence Latest Posts

Back
Top Bottom