What's new

PAK Army's heavy lift and attack helicopter requirements

Pakistan Army should concentrate on upgrading of presently held AH-1F Cobras. it is highly cost effective. Switching to a new technology is higly costly option, and technically not viable.
Reasons:
1. Army has Cobras for more then 20 years. Pilots and Maitenance personnel have hands on experience on these machines. So it will take less money and effort to get training on upgraded models.

2. If we go for the purchase of Tiger or Agusta 129. this is simply a ner technology. Our pilots and maintenance personnel have to be extensively trained on these machines, and this training comes at a heavy price.

3. As fas as depot level maintenance of Cobras is conscerned, Army has the capability to overhaul the engines of Cobra, and many other components. Pakistan Army has extensive depot level repair facilities at Army Aviation Base Dhamial, Rawalpindi. So we can say that, an extensive infrastructure for deep level maintenance exist in Pakistan. I aslo add here that, many compnents of Cobra like Engine, Transmissioin, gearboxes are similar to UH-1H,k which Pakistan also have. We have recieved Huey IIs a couple of years back. Pilots and support personnel can have cross training on both the helicopters and we have a big pool of trained manpower for both the helicopters.

4. Pakistan Army Cobras are already pressed in was against terror. if we get new machines, newe technology, i think it takes 1-2 years of extensive training, before, aircarft is put into active action/combat. so with new machines, i dont think we have the patience to wait for our flyboys to be fully conversent with Tigers/Augustas, before they are put in action.

Not really. You see one cant always run away from inducting new technologies just because it will require some extensive training and infrastructure development. When ever a new technology is inducted, its related infrastructure, training staff and deployment is all part of the deal. Pakistan is no exception. Cobra's are very expensive and tough to maintain sometimes due to sactions otherwise due to lack of spares. Going the european way or the chinese way should be the priority of the day.

The Turkish order was $3bn USD for 51 T-129s...includes customization and full ToT to Turkey to manufacture and export the helicopter. Though the unit cost will go down if the Turks manage to export a good number and the Army exercises extra options. Of all Western designs, competition would be between T-129 and AH-1Z IMO.

I think the price 2,7 Billion is inclusive the produktions facility.I think the price for the single shopper is not 50 mil..

When ever a new technology is inducted, its related infrastructure, training staff and deployment is all part of the deal. Pakistan is no exception.

It depands to what extent we are inducting the new technology, i mean new attack helicopters.
Is it restricted to only Flight Line operations, which include daily maintenance, refuelling, arming, and other flight support operations.

You see there are always three tiers of logistic support/maintenance support:
1. Flight Line Maintenance Operations
2. Aircarft Periodic Maintenance Operations
3. Aircarft / Components Depot Level Maintenance Support.

It is understood, that any country, when going for purcahse of a new aircarft, First two tiers are always part of the fleet. To go for third tier is a trickey question. The induction of Depot level facility, itself cost around the same amount as the entire fleet (However, it is highly cost effective, in long terms, as engines /assemblies are no longer sent abroad, for deep/depot level maintenance).

Then, it depands upon the size of the fleet itself. Yousee, having a complete engine overhaul facilty, for 10-15 helos is not a good idea. yes if the fleet size is 25-30 plus. Then we should have depot level infrastructure to support, the fleet.

When talking about Cobras/ Hueys, the combined fleet is 40 plus. As far as Tiger / Augusta are concerned, i think we cannot afford to buy more then 10-15 aircarft.

i think we need 10 mi-26 & more than 10 ch-53, 5 ch-54,to fulfill our transportation requirements.for best attack helicopter is by all of attack heli in pair from respective country and make a aggressive squadron.like buy 2 Apache,2 twin engine cobra, 2 euro tiger e-t-c.and also purchase a-10c from America.which is best for ground attacker jet

i think we need 10 mi-26 & more than 10 ch-53, 5 ch-54,to fulfill our transportation requirements.for best attack helicopter is by all of attack heli in pair from respective country and make a aggressive squadron.like buy 2 Apache,2 twin engine cobra, 2 euro tiger e-t-c.and also purchase a-10c from America.which is best for ground attacker jet

Your post = Logistics nightmare....instead 100 A 129 Atak, 20 Chinooks and 30 Mi-28 N along with an 80 MI 17 will do the job. Modify K8 for CAS missions.

Back
Top Bottom