What's new

Pak Army Started to Train Captured Talibans

Rehabilitation and integration process is important aspect of war on terror , de-radicalalization of these elements plus re-integration will help develop faith in the military and would be of great intel value as well.

I haven't thought of the latter you mentioned! :)
They could indeed open up more doors and give incredible insight on how and what goes on behind the scenes.
This way we can unravel and root out their network, mindset, ideology and complete way of life and thinking! :tup:

The US has tried this with recruitment of soldiers in the Afghan Army. The problem is that Taliban present themselves as "reformed and remorseful", only it's a black lie. They become sleeper agents. When the time is right, they go beserk and kill.

I wish Pakistan better success. The Taliban are not stupid. They will see this program and form squads to infiltrate.

Chogy

This is not a serious program, it's main purpose is to get funding --- no where in the world is a insurgent, rehabilitated, especially one motivated by religious conviction. The Saudi say that they have been successful, but Saudi Islam and the insurgent's Islam are basically the same thing.

The US has tried this with recruitment of soldiers in the Afghan Army. The problem is that Taliban present themselves as "reformed and remorseful", only it's a black lie. They become sleeper agents. When the time is right, they go beserk and kill.

I wish Pakistan better success. The Taliban are not stupid. They will see this program and form squads to infiltrate.
Basically they train young boys only and release them after months of education and then keep an eye on them.They register them in National Database to keep a record.It's good program but of course as you mentioned there is always a chance of defection.

I think America should know by now, THEY DONT BELONG HERE, NOR ARE NOT WELCOME HERE...(ofcourse as invaders)

if we are training the boys, is far different from America training the boys...

this report was published a few months back in the DAWN. Good move.

a similar initiative was undertaken by the Afghan government. Where Taliban are being rehabilitated and taught crafts other than fighting to earn a living after their release.
BBC gave a very positive spin to that story mentioning |folk music being played and Taliban laughing and smiling learning to tailoring, painting, and construction work etc in one of those rehabilitation centre.

Ironically such optimisation is not shown when Pakistan Army is seen doing the similar things trying to distinguish the hardcore killers from the misguided or intimidated tribesmen that have no choice but to work for the terrorists.
Our efforts in this regard are spinned a s collusion and strengthening the “Islamists”, hence you see time after time same kind of obnoxious articles in this section that keep coming from time to time.

Have been doing for long. Nothing new. Lot of to-be suicide bombers are now praising the army.

Have a look at this picture. I guess its a part of Army's training for local:

egpus4.jpg

a similar initiative was undertaken by the Afghan government. Where Taliban are being rehabilitated and taught crafts other than fighting to earn a living after their release.
BBC gave a very positive spin to that story mentioning |folk music being played and Taliban laughing and smiling learning to tailoring, painting, and construction work etc in one of those rehabilitation centre.

Ironically such optimisation is not shown when Pakistan Army is seen doing the similar things trying to distinguish the hardcore killers from the misguided or intimidated tribesmen that have no choice but to work for the terrorists.
Our efforts in this regard are spinned a s collusion and strengthening the “Islamists”, hence you see time after time same kind of obnoxious articles in this section that keep coming from time to time.

True, our efforts seldom make it to the international scene.

And on topic, intelligent of army only to get going with young raw minds and further drop them a safe distance away, whilst maintaining vigil, to prevent any bites.

And true, it has been on for a while, now.

there is always that risk. indeed Taliban also present Pakistan army as foreign invador in the tribal areas like they do to the NATO forces.
its a battle of wits and mind etc.
behind every single bad incident there are hundreds of success stories but the shcok value gets more attention.
Had these programs been a total falure then Americans wont have been that confident to pass the security to Afghans like they did in Iraq.

For the sake of our common cause and interest and the sake of Afghanistan I hope the Americans stop marginalising the Pashtuns for the sake of Tajiks of Northern alliance. Tajiks are as bad as the Taliban when it comes to the human rights abuses but their only claim to righteousness is that they were anti Taliban but this attitude was later applied to whole Pashtun population and hence the pashtuns were shunned from the setup after the Taliban regime except lone Mr Karzai and his late brother.

Any drive that dispels the Taliban claim that the Afghan government and the NATO forces are discriminating and marginalising the Pashtun population is worth the effort. Same has been done in Pakistan where secular pashtuns as well as religious scholars and elders have stood up and distanced themselves from Taliban and have paid a very heavy price for opposing the Taliban.
This is the fight of the ideology and willpower as it is of technology.

Chogy

This is not a serious program, it's main purpose is to get funding --- no where in the world is a insurgent, rehabilitated, especially one motivated by religious conviction. The Saudi say that they have been successful, but Saudi Islam and the insurgent's Islam are basically the same thing.

You really must live in anger and jealousy all the time to never ever come up with anything positive that pakistan or its military does. I won't even bother trying to prove cases of successful insurgent rehabilitation.

Rotten mind leads to rotten thoughts.

This sort of program is more likely to work in Swat than in FATA, as the dynamics of the insurgency are different. Of course, there is a risk and nothing is 100% guaranteed. Even a 1% failure rate can be damaging, but there simply is no better option at this time.

if we are training the boys, is far different from America training the boys...

Really? These are the same people that plant bombs in Pakistani markets and kill women and children. They already want to kill Pakistanis. And because it is Pakistanis instructing them, they'll respond better?

It seems that every time I say something, it gets twisted and people assume I am wishing them ill, or putting down something. I'm not. I truly hope reform programs can be successful. All I'm saying is...

BE CAREFUL.

Afghan soldier goes beserk. Unfortunately a common incident.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom