What's new

Pak Army moves heavy artillery at border to ‘shock’ Afghanistan

No doubt that we always scum to foreign pressure but what about reports about the Afghan forces being gathered on the other side of the border? Is this after the assurance that Pakistan wont hit any more targets? And also what about Dar telling senate PA is now allowed to hit across the border? Is that Hog wash as well (I think i already know the answer to that)? Finally did we even do anything or was it all drama and BS?

that pic isn't from the border. nangarhar and kunar are more rugged than the pics show. need to analyze before splurging on the internet. people hyperventilate left and right here on pdf. causes them to be either too jingoistic or complete bed-wetters, more often than not both.

this is mainly for domestic consumption and deflection. some due to the inability to stand up (again) to pressure but mostly due to the fact that all this can be avoided by having a better intel/sec setup. the bombers made their way all the way to sindh: means the army/isi isn't doing it right even after all these years. need to fix that before moving on...

I don't think it would be wise to send our troops on afghan soil, only covert operations to hunt down high net worth targets through specialized troops, mercenaries or proxies and drones attacks will be workable in addition to artillery. Sending troops in Afghanistan we can not achieve anything a solid example is NATO forces in Afg.
Do not consider NATO or US is weakened, they planned for next century and we simply lack planning or sincere leadership is a fact. in Kuwait war they actually pump Iraq to attack on Kuwait and then everyone in this universe jointly fvcked up Iraq and its resources. Even Russia couldn't take Iraq side. Don't expect to much from friends or ummah, just act wisely considering all pros and con of our actions.

I don't believe in the Ummah pakistan stands alone- the only muslim country I consider a true ally ironically is staunchly secular turkey. Situation is completely different situation NATO has been militarily and economically exhausted by multiple wars and stretched thin Pakistan is much larger and militarily stronger than iraq who was weakened from the iran-iraq war U.S was at the height of it's power during gulf war. They didn't do jack when russia annexed crimea which practically on their doorstep,failed to overthrow syrian government,couldn't stop pakistan from going nuclear nor did they do anything when Iran seized those British sailors lol
Bro we have to stop being pessimistic all the time we can't be afraid of them anymore we have to believe in ourselves .
Things have change alot since 91 - I have always been the one to detach ourselves from the hell that is afghanistan but according to the afghans they say pakistan is already taken over territory by occupying their checkpoints well within afghan territory and NATO has still done nothing they are the ones that rely on us to survive there . NATO and afghan government barely has any control beyond kabul so what chances will they have against pakistan when they can't even secure afghanistan after 16 years ? On top of that they have huge domestic and economic pressures most of the public in the west is against intervention esp in the U.S after multiple invasions and war fatigue- I can guarantee they will not have the domestic or political will to fight pakistan too maybe just place a few sanctions or something which we've gone through before anyway. I am not advocating for occupation of the whole country just the tiny an sparse populated strip if the situation presents itself and the political will is there. China has also refused to open their side of wakhan corridor for afghanistan trade despite them asking so if pakistan conquers it they can overcome this problem.

Why china is not occupying wakhan corridor? why US has no plan to stay in their conquered lands of Iraq and Afghanistan no one can ask them to leave, but actually they don't want to remain in confrontation for a longer time with local people. During this period they achieved most of their objectives. Geographically wakhan is not our part, though its a small but tough mountainous area. We have some moral standing against india in case of IOK by doing so we will loose it.

which objectives did they achieve ? WOT is generally considered a failure in the west and most people want their troops to come home and stop wasting resources. Afghanistan is still a dangerous and failed state , taliban is still there , afghan government has no writ beyond a few areas and little support among the people , afghan army is still not capable of protecting their country , Iran is more influential than before and NATO lost thousands of troops and wasted trillions in afghanistan with no return lol

Anyway it's just a thought I only support the takeover if the political will is there in case of conflict.

Last edited:
The incursion would have made sense the first day of attacks when the Kabul leadership was scurrying to figure out a response

Now thr pressure has been applied both from US and European nations that our actions wont be tolerated; the establishment has backed off with our chief giving the sheepish statement of working with the Afghanis to tackle this

NOTE: this does not reflect on the character of the chief or his performance but simply at a lost opportunity and lack of conviction from ththe federal government to back up such activities as they have their own reasons for avoiding conflict

What can Nato and US, do bomb us to the stone time? Sanctions ? It's not anymore 2001! The number of our missile arsenal has grown in the last 16 years! Every US and Nato base, should fear the conventional role of Abdalis, Babur, Ghazvani, Shaheen-1-3, Ghauri, Raad or is this arsenal only made for India, while the rest of the world can rape us?

I don't believe in the Ummah pakistan stands alone- the only muslim country I consider a true ally ironically is staunchly secular turkey. Situation is completely different situation NATO has been militarily and economically exhausted by multiple wars and stretched thin Pakistan is much larger and militarily stronger than iraq who was weakened from the iran-iraq war U.S was at the height of it's power during gulf war. They didn't do jack when russia annexed crimea which practically on their doorstep,failed to overthrow syrian government,couldn't stop pakistan from going nuclear nor did they do anything when Iran seized those British sailors lol
Bro we have to stop being pessimistic all the time we can't be afraid of them anymore we have to believe in ourselves .
Things have change alot since 91 - I have always been the one to detach ourselves from the hell that is afghanistan but according to the afghans they say pakistan is already taken over territory by occupying their checkpoints well within afghan territory and NATO has still done nothing they are the ones that rely on us to survive there . NATO and afghan government barely has any control beyond kabul so what chances will they have against pakistan when they can't even secure afghanistan after 16 years ? On top of that they have huge domestic and economic pressures most of the public in the west is against intervention esp in the U.S after multiple invasions and war fatigue- I can guarantee they will not have the domestic or political will to fight pakistan too maybe just place a few sanctions or something which we've gone through before anyway. I am not advocating for occupation of the whole country just the tiny an sparse populated strip if the situation presents itself and the political will is there. China has also refused to open their side of wakhan corridor for afghanistan trade despite them asking so if pakistan conquers it they can overcome this problem.

which objectives did they achieve ? WOT is generally considered a failure in the west and most people want their troops to come home and stop wasting resources. Afghanistan is still a dangerous and failed state , taliban is still there , afghan government has no writ beyond a few areas and little support among the people , afghan army is still not capable of protecting their country , Iran is more influential than before and NATO lost thousands of troops and wasted trillions in afghanistan with no return lol
My brother I truly believe in the capabilities of our armed forces and our nations readiness to fight with enemy but my arguments are
1- why we take so much pain to capture a small land of wakhan corridor to access Tajikistan, you can access via china for trade.
2- You can not take any benefit of this corridor for long time as it will be easy to capture a land but to retain you will have to face a lot of pressure, afghan forces retaliation on daily basis. Friendly afghans / forces can backfire or retaliate.
3-You need china's agreement to back you in security council on this issue, I mean there has to be some morality. Why China will support us for our illogical actions.
4- we can tolerate US / Europe's sanction but if they get a resolution passed against us and some similar sanctions are imposed as they did in Iran case, man we will have no oil to run our war machinery and as you agreed to believe in no ummah, then forget about arabs that they will come to help us by any means.
Above all we don't have sincere leadership who can think and plan anything with a national spirit.

Meray bhai dil to mera bhi bohat jalta hay.

Wakhan_Corridor_Map-1024x733.jpg

Last edited:
with or without nato's blessing we should not go, no sending divisions, or batallions

send commando's and seal the border. Nato wants us in afganistan to turn us into another afganistan

I agree. It will be a quagmire and a gift to both India and NATO. Consider how open our Eastern borders will be to India if we have a huge part of our Army bogged down in Afghanistan?

I think that was enough, we shouldn't be thinking about a military insurgency as it would not bring any good rather than more Afghanis turning up militants filled with hatred against Pakistan and Pakistanis.

If Pakistan is thinking of an ground incursion into Afghanistan I hope we have cleared it with NATO. Its not the ANA that we need to worry about.

I think Pakistan must have cleared with Russian and China, NATO dont matter as much anymore since its not their country.

don't worry about NATO! they won't do diddly

Unfortunately we have to worry about NATO. They can draw us into a Vietnam like situation in Afghanistan and leave us wide open to India on the Eastern front. Very dangerous.

I think Pakistan must have cleared with Russian and China, NATO dont matter as much anymore since its not their country.

We would need assurances from larger powers. Ground invasions or even incursions are politically very sensitive. My only concern is Pakistan getting sucked into something way over our heads. We have an enemy in the East just waiting for an opportunity to strike and a NATO that has never supported Pakistan in earnest.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom