What's new

PAF's possible answer to MRCA

Same holds true in case of IAF as well.
Lest you forget, PAF is not an obsolete or under trained air force.
F-16, JF-17 are modern fighters and not a 2nd generation ones.
Also the FC-20 will bring a much more high end strike package for Pakistan.

PAF is certainly not some green air force which lacks in air to air or air to ground missiles, radar coverage, modern fighters and most importantly a proven record of hitting hard and fast.

The things that shall matter most will be electronic warfare capability and modern missiles, that is the least visible part of PAF's road map.
What is visible is good enough to hold its own in a war.

Furthermore, the rapid advancement of Chinese technology in electronics and associated advanced software is something which PAF shall have access to in order to throw in a couple of surprises in the coming decade.
Having some awareness of the rapid pace at which Chinese have progressed in electronics and EM radiating systems...there is a lot of potential which has not yet come into play nor is visible to most of the onlookers.

At the end of the day, simulation and war is quite different.
War has many aspects to it, strategic vision, bravery, dogged execution and most importantly luck.
As long as an enemy fighter is not stealth and there is ample radar visibility and capable weapons at your disposal...you can bring it down.

The stealth fighter is a game changer, in my opinion.
So for PAF to counter all non stealth options of IAF, the plan is to just keep on modernizing as envisioned.
MRCA will not force PAF to make drastic changes since it already is advancing by leaps and bounds in its capabilities.

PAF has decently covered all angles in its modernization program for this decade and will have enough strength to dish out a lot of damage.
That is all what is asked of PAF, to ensure that it becomes a modern air force which covers all the aspects of air war with reasonable systems, systems which are quite good even if not the best.

No offence, but all words and no substance that's all I can say. What kind of modernization programme does PAF has embarked upon that will make it invisible?.

You are talking about taking on all Non-Stealth part of IAF, laught aside, how about prospectus of facing NATO bombing of Pakistan's border areas and killings of soldiers in Air strikes? first you need to put aside your lecture and bring us some sane discussion of how to tackle those mencing Predators.

IAF having a 3-1 numerical advantage in these respective new high end fighters

Historically India has always had a nummerical advantage over Pakistan....so its not a new factor...which you seem to point out quite regularly in this forum. I admit India has a superb Airforce, yet India cannot focus all its air power onto Pakistan, as it has to safe guard its border from China. Furthermore Pakistan's doctrine from what I have read from my limited knowledge is that is is only concentrated in defending Pakistan, not penetrating into enermy terrority....in my opinion that is an advantage for Pakistan, as it can concentrate all its air defence power on a single entity.

And all this J-10s and its species will join PAF fleet tommorrow to challange IAF. Common on, let's leave this boring joke, PAF first need to pieace together proper budget to bring such jets to see light of the day. How many times are we gona see adjurnment of J-10 deliveries.

Can't the same be said about India's MMRCA......Its been donkey years since India wanted such a plane, yet it has failed to do so already.

Can't the same be said about India's MMRCA......Its been donkey years since India wanted such a plane, yet it has failed to do so already.

Fully agreed, but we never fumed high volume smokes about MRCA similar to a member whom I had quoted.

Historically India has always had a nummerical advantage over Pakistan....so its not a new factor...which you seem to point out quite regularly in this forum. I admit India has a superb Airforce, yet India cannot focus all its air power onto Pakistan, as it has to safe guard its border from China. Furthermore Pakistan's doctrine from what I have read from my limited knowledge is that is is only concentrated in defending Pakistan, not penetrating into enermy terrority....in my opinion that is an advantage for Pakistan, as it can concentrate all its air defence power on a single entity.

Yes IAF has to safeguard all its border during Hostilities which it has been doing since ages and come out strongly when it comes to defending it skies and when it matters the most.

I assure you, IAF will not disappoint you such a privilage even for nth time.

Areesh in reply to you

How Many F16/52s are there in PAF and how many FC20s are in service today???

There are 130 SU30MKI today in India as we speak

The Thread was possible answer to MMRCA not current IAF V PAF fighter fleet compliments

If you make just rethink about your previous post you would realize how lame your post was. Even in the worst conditions IAF might not take the risk of bringing all of it's su30mki to the western side. And you are here comparing the future whole fleet of su30 with anticipated fleet of F-16. And you are bringing in MRCA while you haven't signed a deal yet. Like come on yaar. You can't compare the strength by just quoting numbers and giving the final decision.

You would have to consider the airspace, doctrine, AWACS, Radars, Missiles in the arsenal to give a final decision about someone's strength. And if you have read the threads on this forum, you might a realize that even right now PAF has the strength to give a strong punch to it's adversary. With the present programs that PAF is undergoing for it's modernization, it would be a small but a lethal force to reckon with.

PAFs strong punch consists of

45 1990 supplied F16 block15
6 F16/52
14 Thunders (is sd10 supplied yet)
175 F7PG (chinease mig21)
175 mirage 3/5 (1970s)

**** There is nothing there that will scare 6 sqds of SU30MKI about 130 PLANES WITH pesa radar R27/R77 x 12 missles each data linking irst and TVC as standard.

INFACT i doubt the 69 mig29 or 51 mirage2000 pilots will too bothered either

(the single best weapon in the PAF air force are the 2 x AWACS ) PLANES they acquired... recently

When you compare PAF to your imediate neighbours its both poorly equipped and poorly funded...

If you compare future plans they are a Fraction of Wat China India even Saudi have planned. AGAIN its the funding issue

And all this J-10s and its species will join PAF fleet tommorrow to challange IAF. Common on, let's leave this boring joke, PAF first need to pieace together proper budget to bring such jets to see light of the day. How many times are we gona see adjurnment of J-10 deliveries.

there has not been any adjustments in J-10 delivery.The initial batch remains at 36 and eventual requirement upto 150. I ll be glad if you provide me with the source of your information about the adjustments. And yes obviously the FC-20s will come tom, thats why PAF has gone ahead with F-16s as stop gap. at the moment F-16 are entrusted with both AS and Strike role. but when FC-20 will arrive, the roles will be allocated for operational optimization. hope to hear from you soon:coffee:

I am not sure how well-versed are you with India-Pak conflicts....However if you are the you would have seen how PAF planned pre-emptive strikes on IAF basis in 65 and 71...reason was plane and simple...Kill the numerical superiority by taking down as many fighters on ground as you can and bombard the air-strips to give PAF fighters enough space......So in short when you say that PAF main job is to defend then please keep in mind punitive action across the border is also a vital part of defense.....

Now if we compare the IAF and PAF inventory starting from their top-notch Aircrafts to the bottom one's then IAF has definite edge not in mere quantity but also quality....Now does that mean PAF is doomed, of-course not, however there job is getting tougher and tougher everyday..... Though in last 5-6 years they have tried to decrease this gap but understand lost decade of 90's complemented with GOI increasing might in geo-politics and ever increasing $$$ have raised the bars to a different level...Competing with it is an uphill task...So all i can say to PAF is best of luck....

PAFs strong punch consists of

45 1990 supplied F16 block15
6 F16/52
14 Thunders (is sd10 supplied yet)
175 F7PG (chinease mig21)
175 mirage 3/5 (1970s)

**** There is nothing there that will scare 6 sqds of SU30MKI about 130 PLANES WITH pesa radar R27/R77 x 12 missles each data linking irst and TVC as standard.

INFACT i doubt the 69 mig29 or 51 mirage2000 pilots will too bothered either

(the single best weapon in the PAF air force are the 2 x AWACS ) PLANES they acquired... recently

When you compare PAF to your imediate neighbours its both poorly equipped and poorly funded...

If you compare future plans they are a Fraction of Wat China India even Saudi have planned. AGAIN its the funding issue

Not again, IAF would not be as silly as you think. If she has 6 squads, all of them will not be against PAF. IAF face much more adversaries than PAF so its punch is limited towards one side. lets say if IAF launches all the six squadrons toward Pakistan Airspace. It will expose its tail to other adversaries. Which would not a wise decision.

P.S:if you would remember in post mumbai events, these " 1990 supplied F16 block15" and F-7PGs intercepted an MKI lurking in Pakistan Airspace.:coffee:
BBCUrdu.com | ??????? | ?????? ??????????? ?????? ?????

Last edited:
Is the long range SAM or ABM system not a correct reply as Pakistan can not bear the cost of so many costly fighter aircrafts.

Not again, IAF would not be as silly as you think. If she has 6 squads, all of them will not be against PAF. IAF face much more adversaries than PAF so its punch is limited towards one side. lets say if IAF launches all the six squadrons toward Pakistan Airspace. It will expose its tail to other adversaries. Which would not a wise decision.

P.S:if you would remember in post mumbai events, these " 1990 supplied F16 block15" and F-7PGs intercepted a couple of MKIs lurking in Pakistan Airspace.:coffee:

Er.. Are we assuming that these 6 sqd of Su 30s is all IAF has? Arent we forgetting

1. 69 Mig 29s (on the way to SMT)
2. 51 Mirage 2000s
3. 121 Mig 21 Bisons
4. 80 odd olders Mig 21s being phased out in next 2-3 years
5. 139 Jaguars
6. 100 odd Mig 27s

P.S:if you would remember in post mumbai events, these " 1990 supplied F16 block15" and F-7PGs intercepted an MKI lurking in Pakistan Airspace.:coffee:

Please remember that like your country we also have different commands to cover different parts of the country....Resources from Eastern command will not be allocated to western command as such however if need be they will be pulled....

It is not an easy decision to pick up fight with a nuclear armed nation that has the potential to deliver enough payload into every corner of your country.....I believe it is highly unlikely that India-Pak will go for a full-fledge war and similarly it is highly unlikely that China will join in case we two pass the level of stupidity...Anyhow remember its just recently that we have started arming our eastern wing...Most of our offensive assets are still pointing towards western neighbour....So in case you are comparing the kind of firepower then rest assure majority of these 6 squadrons will fire in anger in our western part....

Er.. Are we assuming that these 6 sqd of Su 30s is all IAF has? Arent we forgetting

1. 69 Mig 29s (on the way to SMT)
2. 51 Mirage 2000s
3. 121 Mig 21 Bisons
4. 80 odd olders Mig 21s being phased out in next 2-3 years
5. 139 Jaguars
6. 100 odd Mig 27s

I am certainly not forgetting this. Just replying to his post about 6 squads.

Please remember that like your country we also have different commands to cover different parts of the country....Resources from Eastern command will not be allocated to western command as such however if need be they will be pulled....

It is not an easy decision to pick up fight with a nuclear armed nation that has the potential to deliver enough payload into every corner of your country.....I believe it is highly unlikely that India-Pak will go for a full-fledge war and similarly it is highly unlikely that China will join in case we two pass the level of stupidity...Anyhow remember its just recently that we have started arming our eastern wing...Most of our offensive assets are still pointing towards western neighbour....So in case you are comparing the kind of firepower then rest assure majority of these 6 squadrons will fire in anger in our western part....

Firing wont do the job, they will have to enter the Pakistan Airspace which is it self a risk. PAF will certainly not go for deep strikes but rather paralyzing the close boarder FoBs of IAF which will ensure IAF to bet their premier assets in Pakistan Airspace where PAF can play by its rules.

Back
Top Bottom