What's new

PAF's possible answer to MRCA

If memory serves me correctly even Block 20 had some BVR capability with AN/APG-66(V)3 and AIM-7.

Dont have much info on that.. But I do remember that during Kargil war, PAF had to stay off since they faced a distinct disadvantage of not having BVR capability. Hope people like Taimi, Mastan or Santro can throw some light here.

Again it would be silly to do a quantitative replacement... when the need of the time is quality based replacement.

a quantitative replacement? come on mate...
think about the JFT squadrons that used to use A-5s? are you saying that it wasn't a generation leap for them?

PAF answers to IAF

HAL, Mirage 2K = Mirage ROSE
MIG 29 = JF17
MIG 21, MIG 27, JAGUAR = F7PG, JF17
MKI = F-16 BLK 52, JF17

for
IAF MRCA = J-10B, JF-17 BLK II

---------- Post added at 07:39 AM ---------- Previous post was at 07:37 AM ----------

a quantitative replacement? come on mate...
think about the JFT squadrons that used to use A-5s? are you saying that it wasn't a generation leap for them?

Pilots of F-16 flying new JF SQD's.

Pilots of A5 are on trainings.

JF-17 block 1 is superior/can counter to all aircrafts in indian arsenal other than the MKI..
this doesnt mean that when it faces MKI it will fall like flies..it just mean that in alone theater it will be at serious disavantage...

jf-17 block 2 will be able to easily counter the MRCa too..
howevr 60 j-10s and approx 63+ f-16s will be there too

real issue will be the PAKFA..

Dont have much info on that.. But I do remember that during Kargil war, PAF had to stay off since they faced a distinct disadvantage of not having BVR capability. Hope people like Taimi, Mastan or Santro can throw some light here.

True, they PAF dont have BVR capabilities but that wasnt the reason to hault Airforce.
There were other reasons [Political & Strategical], that Airforce wasn't applied.
Would like to mention one that the action taken by PAK ARMY was on individual, State not ordered to make attempt.

I hope you the answer !!!

Don't go believing everything that you are told. Remember Kargil was supposed to be 'freedom fighters' without support of PM? So technically PAF could not provide any support.

PAF answers to IAF

MIG 29 = JF17
MKI = F-16 MLU + BLK 52, JF17

for

Bro, Pak is no match for India. I'm not trying to degrade any country in here.

I have my due regards to Pak.

I just don't understand. I'd gave thought the only way to fight a quantitively superior enemy was through superior quality however the EFT, RAFELE and MKI are the best 4.5 gen fighters available so surely nothing short of a 5th gen fighter is going to be enough to counter the IAF let alone eventual MMRCA winner.

Also given we will see 5th gen fighters in service with IAF within the next decade what does PAF have to counter these? Surely this is a MUCH larger issue than MMRCA which could easily be replaced by MKI- 5th gen are a while different ball game.

If your General Staff had the same opinion, i would actually believe what you say but for so far your General Staff has an opinion opposite of what you are advocating, thus i dont agree with what you are saying. If Pakistan was no match for India's might, trust me India would have not been afraid to use her military muscle to settle out all her problems with Pakistan. So far she has refrained from using military muscle which clearly suggests that Indian General Staff Office is not confident in her abilities to solve her problems with Pakistan through a military solution. Also, please save this talk of our politicians not having the balls to launch a fight against Pakistan because its not fooling anyone here.

I just don't understand. I'd gave thought the only way to fight a quantitively superior enemy was through superior quality however the EFT, RAFELE and MKI are the best 4.5 gen fighters available so surely nothing short of a 5th gen fighter is going to be enough to counter the IAF let alone eventual MMRCA winner.

Also given we will see 5th gen fighters in service with IAF within the next decade what does PAF have to counter these? Surely this is a MUCH larger issue than MMRCA which could easily be replaced by MKI- 5th gen are a while different ball game.

Thats the problem with you fanboys, you just look at new shiny toys and go all gaga over them. What you fail to look at is the doctrine, strategy, cohesive force that is required to fight a war and not just fancy toys. PAF is buying exactly the right technology it needs to tame the IAF and so far its succeeding.

Do you know more than your Indian generals? Fan boys like you compare asset to asset and soldier to soldier and say "Yeah yeah..see Pakistan is no match" ...Strategically speaking,India can't do nothing to Pakistan militarily. We all saw what happened after Mumbai slaughter and Parliament attacks ...There exist a balance of power in the region and it will continue to exist in the foreseeable future.

PAF answers to IAF

MIG 29 = JF17
MKI = F-16 BLK 52, JF17

for

---------- Post added at 07:39 AM ---------- Previous post was at 07:37 AM ----------

Pilots of F-16 flying new JF SQD's.

Pilots of A5 are on trainings.

I think its more or less

Pakistan vs India (MF Ra One)

Mirage + F7 ############### vs Mig 21 - Jaguare - Mig 29
F7PG################ vs LCA
F16 A/B (Upgraded)####### vs Mirage 2000
JF17, JF17 BLK II ######### vs MKI by 2012
J10B , F16C/D ##########vs MKI by 2015

J11 , J10B options##########vs MRCA by 2018

GM034S1.jpg

I think its more or less

Pakistan vs India (MF Ra One)

Mirage + F7############### vs Mig 21 - Jaguare - Mig 29
F16 A/B (Upgraded)####### vs Mirage 2000
JF17, JF17 BLK II ######### vs MKI by 2012
J10B , F16C/D ##########vs MRCA by 2015

GM034S1.jpg

Mirage + F7############### Mig 29

Nah!... LCA and Mig 29s would going up against the 16s and 17s of PAF

PAF answers to IAF

MIG 29 = JF17
MKI = F-16 MLU + BLK 52, JF17

for

You cannot be serious in equating Mig21 Bis with Jf-17. Mig 21 Bis is a more potent aircraft. ............

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom