What's new

PAF's MBDA-SPADA 2000 Surface to Air Missile System.

alimobin memon

Reaction score
Country
Pakistan
What are the Capabilities of SPADA 2000 that pakistan inducted it ...

6_air_defence.jpg

Spada 2000 Air Defence Missile System - Army Technology

How well can it perform against the modern threats like Indian modern fighters like RAFALE AND MKI

They should do well but in my opinion Pakistan should strengthen it's Air Defence even more it should be made more stronger & both side of the borders should be well equipped & defended with air defence.

Last edited by a moderator:
It's biggest disadvantage is that it's stationary and ideal target for long range Anti Radiation Missiles which india possess i Guess

There are three things Pakistan needs ASAP in my opinion:
1) Air defense (long range and mobile SAMs and Radars), HQ series, possibly modification with western technology if China hasn't done so. Produce a local copy and create a huge network of AD in at least two layers
2) Aircraft in numbers. At least 300-400 BVR capable jets. Financials will play a role in everything obviously
3)

There are three things Pakistan needs ASAP in my opinion:
1) Air defense (long range and mobile SAMs and Radars), HQ series, possibly modification with western technology if China hasn't done so. Produce a local copy and create a huge network of AD in at least two layers

http://www.defence.pk/forums/pakist...ion-advanced-surface-air-missile-systems.html
2) Aircraft in numbers. At least 300-400 BVR capable jets. Financials will play a role in everything obviously

F-16 , JF-17 , J-10B , F-7PG can also carry BVRs

So Spada 2000 does not provide any advantage ? then what was the point of buying it ...

Where will the money come from, Zardari's account ? :undecided:

underworld, appna DAWOOD bhai, pakistan is the worlds biggest underworld economy, we export AA++ quality of H?
always keep in your mind!

May be a crash course in Geo-Politics in Afghanistan and Middle East. I think few senior members can write about it and back it with trusted sources. THis might clear their doubts.
control of drug exports to westrn world from afghanistan, iranian oil, pakistans nucks, chinese growing influence in the middle east!

So Spada 2000 does not provide any advantage ? then what was the point of buying it ...
come on , dont be so down!
its a good plateform, in some locations mostly in remote mountainous areas!
i guss, its enough use your brains.

@dear participants

I have had to remove or edit off topic posts because they were totally irrelevant to the thread. not that I disagree with comments made but this is just not the place
if we continue with that then every thread and every section will look the same.

peace:coffee:

think of a sports team like hockey or football.. there are different roles and responsibilities and their coordination and teamwork does the job

same is the concept of an organised force. it has many elements from tactical to strategic level. one compensates the other.
this missile system forms the part of entire Pak Air defence system where on one hand you have the most basic machine gun and then going up to high altitude missile systems both known or "not disclosed" ones+ the air crafts.
they all are essential, they all are important and they all cover for each other and their coherent application and usage makes the system work.

What are the Capabilities of SPADA 2000 that pakistan inducted it ...

6_air_defence.jpg

Spada 2000 Air Defence Missile System - Army Technology

How well can it perform against the modern threats like Indian modern fighters like RAFALE AND MKI

Spada 2000 is a modern SAM,ith good electronic endurance.Main weakness is short range -max 25 km.Which means it will have to be used in conjunction with longer ranged sams to be truly effective.
Against MKI provided used in a layered defense to overcome short range it can give very good results due to big RCS.
Against rafale its outmatched due to Spectra EW suite which defeated even s-300 in recent NATO exercise MACE XIII.

Spada 2000 is a modern SAM,ith good electronic endurance.Main weakness is short range -max 25 km.Which means it will have to be used in conjunction with longer ranged sams to be truly effective.
Against MKI provided used in a layered defense to overcome short range it can give very good results due to big RCS.
Against rafale its outmatched due to Spectra EW suite which defeated even s-300 in recent NATO exercise MACE XIII.

Exercises don't mean shyt in real life. In real life you wont have one S-300 battery, but many.

In case of Spada, it is short range, meaning it will force the enemy aircraft to fly higher and away from the airbases where Spada is deployed, to be engaged by the interceptor aircraft. It provides a layered defense.

Exercises don't mean shyt in real life. In real life you wont have one S-300 battery, but many.

In case of Spada, it is short range, meaning it will force the enemy aircraft to fly higher and away from the airbases where Spada is deployed, to be engaged by the interceptor aircraft. It provides a layered defense.

Number of batteries in this particular case was irrelevant simply because s-300 was electronically outclassed by spectra and its phantom radar signature returns.All the other nato aircraft suffered heavily to s-300 in the exercise.
Spectra is latest EW tech,while s-300 is 80s tech.Th reason why russia now phasing it out with s-400/500 and vityaz.

And no spada doesn't provide a layered defense on its own,because Standoff PGMs will outrange it and it will be be easy prey for ARM will longer range than meager 25 km on its own.If combined with longer range sams then yes it will provide layered defense.
As for interceptor aircraft and sams operating together,both usually don't operate in the same sector simultaneously due to freindly fire kills by sams so ur point is moot.Layered air defence needs variety of SAMs not mixture of sr sam and aircraft.

Any SAM would work well against a Su-30MKI in current/old configuration.... [I cannot comment on the Upgraded once since we know a little about them.]

However what makes it harder for SPADA 2000 class weapon is that Su-30 due to its sheer size and weapon package can strike from standoff ranges well outside their envelope.

It would work well against aircrafts such as Mig29s/M2K/Jaguars/Mig21/Mig27 etc.

Against Rafale its useless.

Any SAM would work well against a Su-30MKI in current/old configuration.... [I cannot comment on the Upgraded once since we know a little about them.]

However what makes it harder for SPADA 2000 class weapon is that Su-30 due to its sheer size and weapon package can strike from standoff ranges well outside their envelope.

It would work well against aircrafts such as Mig29s/M2K/Jaguars/Mig21/Mig27 etc.

Against Rafale its useless.

@dear participants

I have had to remove or edit off topic posts because they were totally irrelevant to the thread. not that I disagree with comments made but this is just not the place
if we continue with that then every thread and every section will look the same.

peace:coffee:

think of a sports team like hockey or football.. there are different roles and responsibilities and their coordination and teamwork does the job

same is the concept of an organised force. it has many elements from tactical to strategic level. one compensates the other.
this missile system forms the part of entire Pak Air defence system where on one hand you have the most basic machine gun and then going up to high altitude missile systems both known or "not disclosed" ones+ the air crafts.
they all are essential, they all are important and they all cover for each other and their coherent application and usage makes the system work.

you are right the air defence starts from here :...........

12.7mm ADMG in Action - YouTube

Pakistani variant of SPADA uses Turk designed jet motor? If yes, Roketsan motor increase the range of missile about %12 than original variant...

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom