What's new

PAF vs. IAF fighter fleet technology comparison

Status
Not open for further replies.
When I see chaos in Pakistan for the last few years, and the way the USA marines. Walked in and killed osama bin laden next to your military school and the terror attacks on your air bases I come to the below conclusion.

No organization
No hi end technology bar hand ful of block 52.
Financially handicapped
No combat experience for Twenty years
Chickened out in kargil worried by mig29 bvr superiority

I see a air power from poor country

1. No organization? What are you? 5?
2. I suppose your Tejas is a 5th gen aircraft right?
3. Understandably.
4. I don't know what news you've been reading, but the bombs being dropped for the last 5-6 years on hideouts in KP and FATA don't fall from clouds buddy.
5. Oh and the Mig 29s were the deciding factor for the Kargil conflict right?

Numbskull. Reported.

Albeit, this thread is turning into another stick measuring contest, none the less i have to say that i discussed in detail with a PAF Block-52 pioneer on the F-16 Vis MKI scenario. In a military aviation book, the author is of opinion that there is no best fighter in the world, he gave the example that a F-16 can fly rings around a Tornado but at the same time like the Tornado, it can't hold station for three hours. According to the PAF officer, a Group Captain, the MKI is a superb aircraft but it has it's advantages and disadvantages.... the main advantage being the fuel capacity hence it can loiter for longer periods. Those who argue that it can carry a dozen or so missiles, what good they be if it gets hit by even a single missile, one of it's main disadvantage is it's huge RCS, the officer disclosed that during an exercise with somewhat similar kind of aircraft belonging to a friendly air force, even the JF-17 detected it before it picked up the smaller aircraft, by that time the JFT had launched it's weapon and broken off. !!!!

Stop having a complex over size . Tiny Britain ruled the whole world once .

Personal attack. No valuable reaction. So instead of discussion this is moving towards personal... I am not your kutta. This is a discussion forum.

Albeit, this thread is turning into another stick measuring contest, none the less i have to say that i discussed in detail with a PAF Block-52 pioneer on the F-16 Vis MKI scenario. In a military aviation book, the author is of opinion that there is no best fighter in the world, he gave the example that a F-16 can fly rings around a Tornado but at the same time like the Tornado, it can't hold station for three hours. According to the PAF officer, a Group Captain, the MKI is a superb aircraft but it has it's advantages and disadvantages.... the main advantage being the fuel capacity hence it can loiter for longer periods. Those who argue that it can carry a dozen or so missiles, what good they be if it gets hit by even a single missile, one of it's main disadvantage is it's huge RCS, the officer disclosed that during an exercise with somewhat similar kind of aircraft belonging to a friendly air force, even the JF-17 detected it before it picked up the smaller aircraft, by that time the JFT had launched it's weapon and broken off. !!!!
Sir you must be a fiction writer , sometimes you even surpass Tom Clance's ability :enjoy:

I presume the comparison is of technology and not of the capabilities.
From contemporary platforms among both countries

SU 30 MKI has in strike and air superiority roles has the best supersonic as well as subsonic aerodynamic performance. The second in aerodynamic performance as a package would be Mig29 followed by F16 and then probably Mirage 2000H.

From propulsion standpoint Again AL31FP has the best power curve characteristics, better than F16's F110-GE-100 engines. closely followed by Snecma M53-p2 and then Rd33/Rd93 platforms.

In Radar, It's again Su30MKI Bars N011 Pesa followed by ANPG66, and then would be Klj7/Zhuk ME

From maintenance standpoint, the best service rate would be on F16, followed by Mirage 2000H and then MKI/Jaguar.

From BVR segment, I would rate Aim120C5 the best BVR in contention followed by Python IV, and then Rvv-AE and R27ET

From Airframe engineering- I personally think Mig29K has the best engineered airframe followed by f16, with MKI in the third place.

From Landing gear - Sea harrier Beats all the platforms in the region despite being a navy platform. In a/f platforms I think jaguar has the best engineered Landing gear system, I wont be able to comment on pakistani a/cs

IN summary
Air Superiority
MKI>F16>=Mig29>Mirage2000>Jf17>Mirage3>F7PG>Mig21

Strike
MKI>F16>Mirage2000>Jaguar>mig29>Mig27>JF17>Mirage3

Multirole
MKI>F16>Mirage2000H>Jf17>Mig29

Value for Money
Jf17>F16>Mig29>Mki>Mirage2000>Mirage 3rose>Mig27>F7Pg>Mig21Bison>Jaguar

That would translate into the fact that before the advent of MKI, F16's were the champions in the region.

Sandy, I do not know why you are always downplay 'Bisons'.

Yes, it is an interceptor, small and very old. If you check only performance, it will shame other aircrafts.

It has low RCS,BVR, HMD, Mach 2 speed, Highly maneuverable, a credible radar, can carry jammer.

MKI-Bision combo is the most dangerous IAF gonna apply where Bision can merge swiftly, undetected and score kill by R-73 whereas MKI can keep opponants on back foot by early BVR engagement.

Sir you must be a fiction writer , sometimes you even surpass Tom Clance's ability :enjoy:
The tragedy is anything that puts Indians on the back foot has to be fiction,.... one can recall the MKI being labelled as untouchable, invincible, Raptor of the East and all else...... but as soon as a few crashed, the tone was directed towards , even the F-22 has crashed. I suggest you stick to your novels sir, the ending is always happy.

he same time like the Tornado, it can't hold station for three hours. According to the PAF officer, a Group Captain, the MKI is a superb aircraft but it has it's
The tragedy is anything that puts Indians on the back foot has to be fiction,.... one can recall the MKI being labelled as untouchable, invincible, Raptor of the East and all else...... but as soon as a few crashed, the tone was directed towards , even the F-22 has crashed. I suggest you stick to your novels sir, the ending is always happy.

Sorry but degrading a Machine without knowing supporting facts make me hurt ( why it hurts ? Coz I have been working with this machine from past 3 years . Down playing the advantage given by Su-30 MKI's airframe by simply blabbering its large RCS over and over again makes no sense

Govt. is not providing required funds if they do, PAF have projects available to them which can make them a extremely dangerous foe to IAF, PL-21 (Sino Meteor) is just one in many thing which we may be producing in future. :-)

In my opinion, Pak needs a heavily upgraded JFT with power plant giving thrust of 10,000 plus, superior avionics and next gen BVRs.

151227: confidential). Privately, however, the U.S. acknowledged the “reality” that the F-16 programme would not change India's “overwhelming air superiority over Pakistan.” In fact, the cables bluntly assert that the F-16s would be “no match for India's proposed purchase of F-18 or equivalent aircraft.”

Given India's “substantial military advantage,” one cable (197576: confidential) even surmised that the F-16s would at the most offer “a few days” for the U.S. to “mediate and prevent nuclear conflict.”

Behind the Pakistan F-16 deal, a tale of many wheels - The Hindu

Enough said.

Thanks for info.

Why should India pitched SU30MKI against F-16 , it will placed Mirage -2000 against F-16, India bought Mirage when PAK buys F-16 from US.

But what about Advantage? 3 Su-30 can wipe entire JF-17 Sq, Even in the event of detection by JF-17 Radar , what is the max rage A2A JF-17 can fire?

What is RCS of JF-17?

in 1997 and early 200 SU -30 MKI is. Time changes , technology changes. No plane / technology ever remain same.

IAF definately have an upper hand. on paper

Su-30 > any thing we have
(Mirage 2000 "H" and Mig-29 K/SMT = F-16 C/D ) > JF-17 BLK 1
MIG-21 Bison > F-7 PGs > Mirage III/V
--
some one is accepting reality ...
thanks
you either saved many trolls or ignited many :-)

Technologically & numerically IAF is superior to PAF, but at the end of the day it all comes to the man who is behind the machine, how he is trained what kind of strategy of fighting is adopted etc.
--
ok
you train you guys on mehran
we will train on toyota if not ferrari
lets see who win in track...
equipmnet gives you option of strategy . wvr, bvr, canon, ecm, pods
so men are imp and equipment is too much imp

Well all assumption in the war Scenario Can,t Measured only in One Aspect.As for high Rcs F-15 have even higher RCS that of An Mki,So you think it Makes F-15 less potent to f-16 or any other fighter No its not.
RCS of fully Loaded F-15 is 18 m2 or higher than Of Rcs of MKI of 11-12 m2 . IF not Satisfied go check on net your self
best available facts on Net see Below
Radar Cross Section (RCS)

Last edited:
Ask UK and Saudi Typhoon pilots how they felt when PAF f-16s got them in WVR
--
if you think f16 rules typhones .. then good for you..
do you think saudi will buy anything which is beaten by even F series..
if f16 were so SUPER .. SA could have gone with F16...
in WVR f16 may gave hard time to typhons
but dont judge old mercedes is superior to new ferrari because
one of parameter of merc is bettern than ferari

Well all assumption in the war Scenario Can,t Measured only in One Aspect.As for high Rcs F-15 have even higher RCS that of An Mki,So you think it Makes F-15 less potent to f-16 or any other fighter No its not.
RCS of fully Loaded F-15 is 18 m2 or higher than Of Rcs of MKI of 11-12 m2 . IF not Satisfied go check on net your self
best available facts on Net see Below
Radar Cross Section (RCS)

Those figures are laughable. The SU-27 is 15 but the legendary MKI is at 4???

Oh please. "best available facts on the net" Don't make me laugh.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom